Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Welcome Jillian,

I visited Salt Lake City in August.   My son is a student at the University of Utah.   Utah is beautiful.

HulaStitch wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jillian. I live in Orem, Utah.  I am married, with no little ones yet. I am very excited to read The PostMistress and participate in the discussions.

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

MyMusings wrote:

I'm from the NW part of Florida.  What about you?

Welcome - I grew up in Marianna, Fl and graduated from Florida State University.  

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Marv1948 wrote:

:smileyhappy:

Hi All,

I am "Marv",

a Disabled Veteran, with loads of time for reading and the internet!

I am looking forward to these discussions.

~ Marv (Moan-Yea)

Welcome to the Book Club Marv - and thank you for your service to our county.

Contributor
Alnilan
0 Kudos

Hello fellow FirstLookers,

My request has just been confirmed and I'm practically jumping with excitement because I love the concept of reading a book peeping hot out of the oven. This is my second First Look read and I hope it will be as enjoyable as the first one (The Sister by Poppy Adams), which ranks as one of my favorite novels.

I am looking forward to many interesting discussions with the other members.

Thank you Barnes&Noble

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Monet17 wrote:

Hi my name is Mary and this is going to hopefully be my very first book club. I was born and raised in L.A. and am just about to turn 30.  I am very excited and can't wait to start reading the book and ever more excited about the discussions. 

Welcome Mary!     Hope you enjoy the bookclub as much as I do.

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Confirmed - What a beautiful word!!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

New User
Coconut_Librarian
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm in Los Angeles, this is my first time being a B&N book club, and I'm excited! 

I'm looking forward to reading this book and hearing what you all think about it. I write a book blog called Coconut Library and am always reading and looking for new books to review. This one sounds particularly appealing to me!

www.coconutlibrary.typepad.com

Distinguished Correspondent
biljounc63
0 Kudos

n4bgw wrote:

After reading just the first page of introductions, I feel like the only male in here.........

My name is Brandon, and I just turned 20 a month ago. I've been kicking myself to read something, since I've managed to read almost nothing since I graduated from high school a little over a year ago. I'm a freshman at Florida International University, and majoring in Information Technology and minoring in Music. After reading the synopsis that popped up on my fan page from Facebook, I decided this is what I would challenge myself to read.

I look forward to discussing this book with every one of y'all, as much as I look forward to reading it! :smileyhappy:

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

As others already replied you are not alone there are a few of us guys around though we are in the minority here. I'm 46 from western MA. This is my 6th first look. This group is a way to read things you would not have selected yourself to read.

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
~ Joseph Addison ~

"Reading lets you visit the world of another"
Contributor
RNData_GK
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone. I am new to First Look Book Group and am looking forward to the discussions.

I live in Orlando, FL. I am married and have 2 boys, ages 7 and 3. Despite my busy schedule--I work full-time--I try to find time to read every day. It's my way of getting some "me" time.

I'm really excited about joining this group.

Gigi K.

Correspondent
mamawli
0 Kudos

I just received my confirmation and am just thrilled.  I enjoy reading the wonderful selections provided by this book club.  I think my favorite was Deliverance Dane with Bees and Mist a close second.

Reader
gabgall
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

My name is Gaby, from LA. Very excited to join the discussion.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

DarcyO wrote:

Hi, I'm DarcyO from St. Paul, MN, and this is my first First Look book. I love to read and this book sounds like it will be very interesting. I'm looking forward to my journey with you all.

DarcyO

Welcome DarcyO.  As you have probably read by now in the intorductions, there are several of us here from MN.  It's always nice to have one more join the group.

Kathy

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

I taught at Ft. Lauderdale High School for 16 years in the 60's and 70's...my husband is a Seminole...we live in NC now in the house I grew up in...but we do keep up with the Seminoles....

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy: Now that I'm offically in, my name is Bonnie and I have been in all but the first First Looks. I'm a school psychologist, married, a mother of 3, a pet mom of 4. I love reading fiction and am very interested in WWII fiction as my mom was in Scotland during it and her father fought in it.

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

and I just got my confirmation....yeah!!

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Fozzie wrote:

Hi!  I'm Laura and I live on the south coast of Maine.  I am becoming a regular in the First Look discussions.  The book choices have been great and I love reading what everyone has to say.

Historical fiction is my favorite genre, so I am really looking forward to October's selection.  Talk to you all then!

Hi Laura! 

Where on the south coast do you live?  I lived in cumberland center for a few years, way back when....

-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Coconut_Librarian wrote:

Hi,

I'm in Los Angeles, this is my first time being a B&N book club, and I'm excited! 

I'm looking forward to reading this book and hearing what you all think about it. I write a book blog called Coconut Library and am always reading and looking for new books to review. This one sounds particularly appealing to me!

www.coconutlibrary.typepad.com

Welcome!! looking forward to reading your blog! 

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

RNData_GK wrote:

Hello, everyone. I am new to First Look Book Group and am looking forward to the discussions.

I live in Orlando, FL. I am married and have 2 boys, ages 7 and 3. Despite my busy schedule--I work full-time--I try to find time to read every day. It's my way of getting some "me" time.

I'm really excited about joining this group.

Gigi K.

HI Gigi!   (that's what my grandkids call me!)

Enjoy your me time with us! 

Lisa (aka GiGi)

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

mamawli wrote:

I just received my confirmation and am just thrilled.  I enjoy reading the wonderful selections provided by this book club.  I think my favorite was Deliverance Dane with Bees and Mist a close second.

Welcome Back!

Lisa

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

gabgall wrote:

Hi everybody,

My name is Gaby, from LA. Very excited to join the discussion.

Hi Gaby!

Welcome to our little piece of cyberspace!

-Sir Richard Steele