Contributor
BusyMom
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi

I'm Janine and I'm from Greenville, SC.  I have 3 kids at home and 1 that has left the nest.  I love gardening, yoga, music and reading, not necessarily in that order!  I've never done this before and I'm very excited!  Please excuse me in advance for any gaffes that I make.

Be Yourself. Be Beautiful.
Contributor
mnbc
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am the mother of 3 young adult males, who keep me busy! In another book club with 8 friends, which is so much fun. This will be my 4th First Look Book and am very excited to get started. A little concerned though because I have not received it yet, but hoping it will be on my doorstep shortly. Love To Read!

Book Lover
Correspondent
GreenFairyLV
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  This will be my second first look.  When I saw the tweet about The Postmistress I didn't sign up right away, I wasn't sure I'd like the book.  I not a big fan of books about war times, but I do love Gone With the Wind, so when I saw it tweeted again I thought I'd give it a try.  Right now I'm doing the first look for Hush, Hush and that has been such a positive experience I'm looking forward to doing it again. 

I got the book Hush, Hush late so I had to read it faster than I would have liked.  I am looking forward to reading according to the schedule and getting the full experience.

I love how we all read the same book and come away with such different opinions.:smileyhappy:

Here's my bookblog if you want to learn more about me. http://www.greenfairylv.blogspot.com/

Contributor
amt19
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am Amy.

I enjoyed the Hush Hush first look and look forward to reading  The Postmistress.

Contributor
Kathy17
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kathy from Northeastern Pennsylvania. My copy of the book just arrived and I'm looking forward to reading it ... as well as discussing it with all of you.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I received my book today.  Can you hear the words singing and dancing themselves across the page?  This looks like it's going to definitely be another winner!

Literature

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

bibanon1 wrote:

Hi. My name is Amy and this will be my fifth First Look book. I have really loved every single selection so far so I can't wait for this one!!! I have worked in the book field for ten years and I have been writing a book/personal blog since 2003.  Really looking forward to this new selection!

Welcome back!!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

jbnie wrote:

Hi , I received my copy about an hour ago and I love the cover !  The cover reviews sound great . Should be a really good read and I am looking forward to the discussion, Jane

:smileysad:   No book here yet....  Hopefully tomorrow!  I know I won't be able to resist reading it straight through! but will read again according  to the schedule so I can participate in more of the discussions.  ( I hope there is another spoiler thread so those of us who do read it all, can discuss  the whole book!)

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

BusyMom wrote:

Hi

I'm Janine and I'm from Greenville, SC.  I have 3 kids at home and 1 that has left the nest.  I love gardening, yoga, music and reading, not necessarily in that order!  I've never done this before and I'm very excited!  Please excuse me in advance for any gaffes that I make.

Welcome Janine!   I have no doubt that you will enjoy the experience!  Look forward to our discussions!

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

mnbc wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am the mother of 3 young adult males, who keep me busy! In another book club with 8 friends, which is so much fun. This will be my 4th First Look Book and am very excited to get started. A little concerned though because I have not received it yet, but hoping it will be on my doorstep shortly. Love To Read!

Welcome back! 3 guys- Bless your patience!   I have not received mine either; I think they are just starting to hit doorsteps, so no worries!

-Sir Richard Steele

Correspondent
nlsamson
0 Kudos

My book was waiting for me when I walked through the door.  So it has arrived in Western Massachusetts!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" - unknown
Contributor
brainlair
0 Kudos

I'm Kathy, a middle-school librarian who rediscovered a love of books just four years ago!

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. ~Jorge Luis Borges
Contributor
stkong7
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm Blackinese and I'm an avid reader.  I'm really looking forward to reading this book.  I received my copy yesterday and I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on the book.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

brainlair wrote:

I'm Kathy, a middle-school librarian who rediscovered a love of books just four years ago!

Hi Kathy, I too rediscovered my love of reading as an adult. And I am constantly asking myself, what took you so long.

Welcome to the First Look Club, I've been here since the inception and it's a wonderful medium. Enjoy and I look forward to discussing the book with you and all the members new and old.

Reader 2
Gigi07
0 Kudos

Hi!

Lynne from Charlottesville, VA.  Got my book in the mail yesterday and plan to get started reading later today.  Looking forward to the upcoming discussions.

Lynne
Addicted to reading since Dick and Jane!
Frequent Contributor
patfayo
0 Kudos

Just an FYI.... I received my book yesterday so now I am impatiently waiting to start reading it.  I don't want to start it too soon before the discussion start date as I have a very hard time being disciplines not to read ahead so I don't spoil it for everybody else.

New User
AzhriaLilu
0 Kudos

I received my copy of the book today.  I was standing watching a black van pull up and a UPS guy get out and wondering what he was doing .... imagine my surprise when he passed me a book-sized parcel... okay, so it wasn't that much of a surprise, I get a lot of book-shaped parcels :smileywink: but this one is my first First Look one.

I'm a mother of 8 - not quite as insane as that sounds - five are mine, 3 are my stepkids - and reading is my passion - as well as forums, blogs and all things internet :smileyvery-happy:

I'm really looking forward to reading this book and my eldest stepsons think I'm "very sad to be this excited over a book!"... well, what can I say........

I'm not shy, I'm just studying my prey!
Frequent Contributor
JosieKramer
0 Kudos

I received mine as well.  And unlike Hush, Hush I am going to read this one along with the group.  This way my feelings are fresh from the reading and I don't get that nagging feeling to give anything away! :smileywink:

www.thebookjournal.com
Josie Kramer
honest. book. reviews.
Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

Hi, I am from Jonesboro, GA the historical City of Jonesboro where the Battle of Jonesboro was fought during the Civil War and where Margaret Mitchell got her stories from family and research from our courthouse for her book "Gone With the Wind".  I like books about war and history.

This is my first time in the First Look Club and I am so looking forward to joining in on the discussions.

My book arrived today..when can I start reading it?

Reader 4
josiegirl77
0 Kudos

Hi, everyone!  My name is Josie and I'm from Georgetown, SC.  My husband and I recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in August, and we have a spirited 8-year old daughter named Cathryn.  I've been a voracious reader all my life, and can literally spend all day in a bookstore.  I like all kinds of books--classics, chick lit, Dot Frank, Stephanie Meyer, I'll read just about anything!  OK, that's not entirely true.  I'm not a big fan of mysteries.  I've also read a lot of children's literature because I want my daughter to love books as I much as I--we've read all the Harry Potters, and now we're working on The Lightening Thief.  She and I are really enjoying it!  The next series I'd like to take is Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, and His Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

My two favorite books of all time are Little Women and Gone With The Wind.

Anyway, I was super excited when I saw the First Look offer over at Facebook, and I just had to sign up immediately.  I got my copy today and the cover is gorgeous.  I've read a little--I hope that's not against the rules!  But I have enjoyed what I've read. 

Can't wait to get started on the discussion!