Contributor
pattycakeMN
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

My name is Patricia.  This is my first discussion group, and I am currently reading The  Postmistress.

Frequent Contributor
quiltedturtle1
0 Kudos

I am Cathy from Indiana. This is the first time that I have participated. I really enjoyed reading the book and look forward to the discussion.

Reader
shannylover
0 Kudos

Hello Tim.  My name is Sandy and I live in Michigan.  This is my first time for the First Look books and it seems like you are a pro so I was hoping you could give me a little information.  The letter I got with the book didn't tell me anything except to read the book and the author conversation will be tomorrow 10/5.  Reading some of the other replies it looks like you are only suppose to read a certain amount of the book but I have completed the book because I did not know anything about this aspect of the project.  Also is there a set time for tomorrow?  I know lots of questions from some crazy gal in Michigan but here's hoping you will be willing to help me out.  Thanks in advance and enjoy the rest of your day.

Contributor
KCSullivan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks Sandy from Michigan.I am also a new member of First Look and  have completed the book. I look forward to Tim's answers to where and when the discussion begins. This is a terrific program and I look forward to participating on the October selection of The Postmistress and other works in the months to come.

Look forward to hearing from you...ANY OF YOU...about the procedures.

Best from Kathlene

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

KCSullivan wrote:

Thanks Sandy from Michigan.I am also a new member of First Look and  have completed the book. I look forward to Tim's answers to where and when the discussion begins. This is a terrific program and I look forward to participating on the October selection of The Postmistress and other works in the months to come.

Look forward to hearing from you...ANY OF YOU...about the procedures.

Best from Kathlene

Any newbies, look under the other topics for the information you are looking for. Examples--News, Schedules, & Updates for the schedules; About First Look Book club; and the other topics.

Look forward to discussions, talk to you all later.

Cora

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Dear Miss Blake,

This is my first time participating in First Look Book Club.  When I read the synopsis of THE POSTMISTRESS it caught my attention immediately.  Having heard stories regarding the war from my parents only intrigued me more to read your book.

I couldn't wait to open the beautiful cover and begin the historical  journey.  The characters are all very real, along with the description of the area where everything is taking place. Makes you feel as if you are a vivid of what is occurring.  I am reading on schedule, it is difficult not to continue.  I am also wondering what has happened to Will.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this marvelous book before it is available to the public.

Carol

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Jennifer! It's nice to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

Jrc3168 wrote:

Hi!  My name is Jennifer and I am from New York City.  I am a high school history teacher and an attorney, and when I have free time, I love to read.  This is my first first look book and discussion, and I am looking forward to it! 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Jan. It's nice to meet you and to have you join the group.  :smileyhappy:

JanDgls wrote:

Hi!

My name is Jan and this is my first First Look. Cool idea.

I am a special education teacher in Mississippi. Reading is my escape.

Looking forward t being part f this discussin.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
New User
Fae-Kieran
0 Kudos

My Name is Fae, I grew up in England and moved to the USA when I was 11. Im almost 19 now and love to read. This is my first "First look" book club and I cant wait for more.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Carol!  :smileywink:

BOOKWORM1414 wrote:

Dear Miss Blake,

This is my first time participating in First Look Book Club.  When I read the synopsis of THE POSTMISTRESS it caught my attention immediately.  Having heard stories regarding the war from my parents only intrigued me more to read your book.

I couldn't wait to open the beautiful cover and begin the historical  journey.  The characters are all very real, along with the description of the area where everything is taking place. Makes you feel as if you are a vivid of what is occurring.  I am reading on schedule, it is difficult not to continue.  I am also wondering what has happened to Will.

Thank you for the opportunity to read this marvelous book before it is available to the public.

Carol

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It's nice to meet you, Cathy  :smileyhappy:

quiltedturtle1 wrote:

I am Cathy from Indiana. This is the first time that I have participated. I really enjoyed reading the book and look forward to the discussion.

New User
cnmib
0 Kudos

I'm Christina and this is my first time in the First Look Club.  I'll probably have to feel my way through this so please be patient with me.

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Liz and I reside in Texas.  I'm originally from New York and have a daughter in college.  Sorry for being so late with the introductions.  I just received my book and this is my first look discussion participation.  I look forward to what everyone thinks of the book.

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
New User
blesstheirheartsmom
0 Kudos

My name is Nicole and this is my first first look discussion!

I've had moving and internet issues ALL day and just now have had time to get on board!

I LOVED the book- I read it within 2 days of receiving it!

New User
MamaShepp
0 Kudos

This is my first First Look and what a terrific way to start.  I love historical fiction.  The cover is showing up on blogs all over as something everyone is looking forward to --- I felt so lucky to actually have a copy of The Postmistress!

Frequent Contributor
CKindianCB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Carol and I am looking forward to hear everyones impressions of this book.  

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Christina! Please feel free to ask questions as you go along. There are many helpful people here.  :smileyhappy:

cnmib wrote:

I'm Christina and this is my first time in the First Look Club.  I'll probably have to feel my way through this so please be patient with me.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Liz! Glad to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

tree_lover wrote:

Hi my name is Liz and I reside in Texas.  I'm originally from New York and have a daughter in college.  Sorry for being so late with the introductions.  I just received my book and this is my first look discussion participation.  I look forward to what everyone thinks of the book.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It's nice to meet you, Nicole! I look forward to discussing the book with you. :smileyhappy:

blesstheirheartsmom wrote:

My name is Nicole and this is my first first look discussion!

I've had moving and internet issues ALL day and just now have had time to get on board!

I LOVED the book- I read it within 2 days of receiving it!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, MamaShepp! I hope you enjoy the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

MamaShepp wrote:

This is my first First Look and what a terrific way to start.  I love historical fiction.  The cover is showing up on blogs all over as something everyone is looking forward to --- I felt so lucky to actually have a copy of The Postmistress!