Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Thank you.   I am so excited about this discussion.

liz

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
tree_lover
0 Kudos

Hi Fae, welcome.  This is my first time as well.

liz

http://nygirltrustnoone.blogspot.com/
Reader 2
fairystarr_777
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Deb and I am new to the First Look Book club.  Late getting in!!

Reader 2
LUVS2READ08
0 Kudos

Hi, I am an avid reader, I love to read everything.  I am a stay at home mom who is really excited about this book. 

Contributor
mgood222
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Maryellen and this is I think my third First Look book club and I'm really looking forward to it. I read a lot and usually I'm to shy to post but I'm going to try to stop lurking and do more posting this time.

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

mgood222 wrote:

Hi, I'm Maryellen and this is I think my third First Look book club and I'm really looking forward to it. I read a lot and usually I'm to shy to post but I'm going to try to stop lurking and do more posting this time.

Hi Maryelle, don't be shy, I think this is a great group. 
mpx
New User
mpx
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Maria.  I'm a student in my last year of school and I miss reading books for leisure.  Thank you for this opportunity.

Reader
Roxie38
0 Kudos

Hi.  I'm Roxie.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to read this book.  I can't wait to read what everyone else thought about it as well! 

Reader
gkmiller
0 Kudos

My name is Keri and I live in Alaska.  I really like this twist on the subject.  Can't wait to read it all.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Roxie!  :smileywink:

Roxie38 wrote:

Hi.  I'm Roxie.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to read this book.  I can't wait to read what everyone else thought about it as well! 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Maria! I'm glad you could join us. :smileyhappy:

mpx wrote:

Hi, my name is Maria.  I'm a student in my last year of school and I miss reading books for leisure.  Thank you for this opportunity.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Deb! Welcome to the group.  :smileyhappy:

fairystarr_777 wrote:

Hi my name is Deb and I am new to the First Look Book club.  Late getting in!!

New User
Knoxnews_Reader
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Karen. I'm 31 years old and I live in East Tennessee. This is my first time in the First Look book club (and the first time I've done a book club!) and I'm really interested in seeing how it will affect how I read a book and what new things I will see by reading everyone else's comments. I just started reading the book -- I got married last week and didn't have much time to read until today -- and so far, so good. I love to read and recommend books to my friends all the time. I recently read "The Help" which I loved and I also have "An Echo in the Bone" at home that I'm dying to start reading. Love the Outlander series!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mgood222 wrote:

Maryellen -- be shy if you like, but please do post anyway!  This place thrives on all the various viewpoints!

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Knoxnews_Reader wrote:

Hi! My name is Karen. I'm 31 years old and I live in East Tennessee. This is my first time in the First Look book club (and the first time I've done a book club!) and I'm really interested in seeing how it will affect how I read a book and what new things I will see by reading everyone else's comments. I just started reading the book -- I got married last week and didn't have much time to read until today -- and so far, so good. I love to read and recommend books to my friends all the time. I recently read "The Help" which I loved and I also have "An Echo in the Bone" at home that I'm dying to start reading. Love the Outlander series!

Karen -- best wishes and welcome!

(My immediate family had a wedding this spring.  It is such an exciting time for all involved, whether four (bride, groom, two witnesses) or hundreds.)

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Karen, and congratulations on your wedding! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion. :smileyhappy:

Knoxnews_Reader wrote:

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

gkmiller wrote:

My name is Keri and I live in Alaska.  I really like this twist on the subject.  Can't wait to read it all.

Where is home in AK?  I'm familiar with the Fairbanks area and down to Anchorage.

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Knoxnews_Reader wrote:

Congratulations on your marriage. 

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

BSC42 wrote:

Hi! My name is Beth! I'm from MN, where you always need a good book to snuggle up with!

My sister Laura turned me on to First Look Book Club and I am excited to be a new member and hope I signed up in time!

I have 4 kids 23, 20, 17, and 8 months(yep he was a surprise)!!!  Only 2 at home (both boys) and I used to be a avid reader and I am going to make time for reading again.

Looks like a very interesting book, can't wait to start!

I have 4 children too!  They are 6,5, 3 and 1.  I am still an avid reader but have signifigantly less time to do it in now than I used to! 

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Sheltiemama
0 Kudos

I just realized I never introduced myself. I'm a single, 42-year-old female who lives in Knoxville, Tenn., is a copy editor at a newpaper and owns a Sheltie. This my second First Look book.