Contributor
grammydee
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi there-I'm Donna, a retired postal person and I live in North Carolina with a husband and two cats. In the winter we all go to Alabama where it stays warm and sunny and I can sit outside and read. I can say that reading is my best habit and maybe my worst-depending on how much housework there is to be done. :smileyhappy:

Life is good-especially with a book in your hands!

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

grammydee wrote:

Hi there-I'm Donna, a retired postal person and I live in North Carolina with a husband and two cats. In the winter we all go to Alabama where it stays warm and sunny and I can sit outside and read. I can say that reading is my best habit and maybe my worst-depending on how much housework there is to be done. :smileyhappy:

Life is good-especially with a book in your hands!

Hi Donna, I'll be very interested in your interpretation of the post office then and now. 

Contributor
Murphy64
0 Kudos

Shannylover - Did you ever find out from Tim how this all works?  I am reading the book too, but have no idea how to join the discussion??  Feeling pretty lost since this is my first time doing the First Look Bookclub.  Any help you can pass along would be greatly appreicated.

Contributor
LKD_726
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Lisa and I live Southwestern PA.  This is my second book in the First Look book club.  I really enjoyed reading The Postmistress and look forward to the discussions.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.  This is my first "book club"!  I've always wanted to join one but somehow "life happens" and I haven't had the time or haven't found one! I do love to read!  In fact, my husband just built us more book shelves to store my books because I can't bear to part with any after I've read them! I'm like one of the other readers: I always have a book with me and sometimes two!

About me: My name is Linda and I'm a retired Administrative Assistant, at the moment, working part-time at home with my husband. I'm also an artist and a poet and am currently working on my first novel. I have written three children's books, which I am trying to get published, as well as a collection of poetry.

We have three grown daughters, four grandchildren and a 3-year old Boxer, who is our at-home baby right now.

I'm looking forward to participating in the discussion on this new book!  I'm reading one right now that is due out in Feb. by Adam Haslett: Union Atlantic.

"What we love, we shall grow to resemble."
Bernard of Clairvaux
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! I've participated in several First Looks and enjoyed them all. Look forward to sharing with old friends and meeting with new faces on here as well!

I had 3 boys, just got married and acquired 2 more kids (girls), and we are blessed to have a little cottage with a wonderful kitty and a lovable doggie in middle Tennessee.

Can't wait to dig into this selection in front of a cozy fire on a cold winter day!

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Hi mv5ocean, I live in southeast TN!  Looking forward to making new friendships with fellow book lovers on this board! Take care!  Just wanted to say hi from one Tennessean to another!

Bernard of Clairvaux
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

LRH1223 wrote:

Hi mv5ocean, I live in southeast TN!  Looking forward to making new friendships with fellow book lovers on this board! Take care!  Just wanted to say hi from one Tennessean to another!

Hello and welcome aboard! I live in Dickson but work in Nashville. Where are you located? Can't wait to get started on this new read. I'll be looking for your posts!

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

mv5ocean wrote:

LRH1223 wrote:

Hello and welcome aboard! I live in Dickson but work in Nashville. Where are you located? Can't wait to get started on this new read. I'll be looking for your posts!

You two should bring this chat on over to the current First Look board (link below).

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-Eternal-on-the-Water/bd-p/Eternal

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

PaulH wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

LRH1223 wrote:

You two should bring this chat on over to the current First Look board (link below).

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-Eternal-on-the-Water/bd-p/Eternal

Hi Paul, I don't know how to do that... move it over.....  ?

Bernard of Clairvaux
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

LRH1223 wrote:

PaulH wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

LRH1223 wrote:

Hi Paul, I don't know how to do that... move it over.....  ?

Click on the link above and you'll be in the right board.

Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Sheltiemama wrote:

I just realized I never introduced myself. I'm a single, 42-year-old female who lives in Knoxville, Tenn., is a copy editor at a newpaper and owns a Sheltie. This my second First Look book.

Hi Sheltiemama!  I live in Chattanooga.  My husband and I had a male Sheltie when our girls were still small and at home.  He was THE BEST, smartest and most loving dog we've ever had.  It broke our hearts when he finally passed with his 2nd bout of cancer at the age of 12 1/2. He still lives in our hearts though!

Bernard of Clairvaux
Frequent Contributor
LRH1223
0 Kudos

Knoxnews_Reader wrote:

Hi! My name is Karen. I'm 31 years old and I live in East Tennessee. This is my first time in the First Look book club (and the first time I've done a book club!) and I'm really interested in seeing how it will affect how I read a book and what new things I will see by reading everyone else's comments. I just started reading the book -- I got married last week and didn't have much time to read until today -- and so far, so good. I love to read and recommend books to my friends all the time. I recently read "The Help" which I loved and I also have "An Echo in the Bone" at home that I'm dying to start reading. Love the Outlander series!

Hi Karen,  This is my first time in First Look and my first book club also!  I live in southeast TN, Chattanooga!  Looking forward to reading this book and sharing thoughts with everyone else too!

Bernard of Clairvaux
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Paul,
Yes I realized when receiving this on my subscriptions that it was placed on the last First Look Selection!
Thanks for heading us in the right direction...............!!!

PaulH wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

LRH1223 wrote:

Frequent Contributor
CKindianCB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. Looking forward to another good book from Barnes and Nobles First Look Book Club.  My name is Carol  I am 58, and I am from Ohio. I love to read and enjoy all kinds of books. 

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

CKindianCB wrote:

Hi everyone. Looking forward to another good book from Barnes and Nobles First Look Book Club.  My name is Carol  I am 58, and I am from Ohio. I love to read and enjoy all kinds of books. 

Carol,

You're in the wrong board. Here's where you should be: