Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Just sent in my request!

I have participated in 6 first look books and I am currently involved in the Hush Hush discussion. I have loved each book for different reasons. They have all been very interesting. The Post Mistress really sounds like a very enjoyable read also. 

I live in Bucks County PA and I am currently reading some of the books suggested by the Barnes and Noble bookclubs (Hush Hush, Frankenstein and Wizard of Oz). I love the Barnes and Noble website. It has renewed my interest in all different genres of literature. I love to read all the comments from all the readers.

Thanks again Barnes and Noble for giving us this wonderful opportunity!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Wordsmith
marciliogq
0 Kudos

Hi!!!! Just also sent my request. I'm really happy for being part of this new bookclub. This story sounds fantastic! It'll be my eighth First Look. I loved the previous one. Historical books are among my favorite ones and this story has such an interesting narrative including letters...

I'm Marcilio from Brazil, a wonderful and sunny country. I'm married, no children, two cats. I'm a professor at a public university and I teach English language and Teaching Methodology. I love reading and making origamis.

I saw many familiar names. This bookclub promises a great discussion. I can't wait for my copy. Thanks and see you!

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Just registered.  Hope I'm lucky.  ~ The selections for this book club are impressive.  My favorite was Deliverance Dane.  A close second was Unbroken Sky.  ~  I just finished Shanghai Girls(good read); I'm reading the Lace Reader(struggling with this one) and the Blue Notebook(intensely into this one).  ~ I'm blissfully retired in beautiful west central WI, have 6 grandchildren who live miles away(not happy about that), and enjoy the warm weather of Alabama in the winter.

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm Anna, 45 years old and returning to college to receive my degree in elementary education.  I'm half way through my sophomore year and loving college!  I've been an avid book reader since I learned how to read and am never without a book in my hands or somewhere in my house, car, etc.  I've been remarried now 2 years to a wonderful man and have a 16 year old son along with a "wonder" cat.  We wonder what she thinks about us!! :smileyhappy:

This is my third First Look.  I participated in Under This Unbroken Sky and currently am participating in Hush, Hush.

I look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the discussion for The Postmistress.  Hi to my "old" friends and welcome to my new friends.  :smileyvery-happy:

Anna

PS:  Thanks, Paul...you're the greatest!!!!!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

I'm the r-mod for "Literature by Women" here at BNBC (come visit - we have reanimated corpses this month, aka Frankenstein).  I've done all the First Look groups except the month they did two and we could only pick one (I didn't pick the Amy Dickinson bio).  IRL I do clinical research, have two spoiled cats, and sell books.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm Debbie from a small town near St. Louis I have one grown daughter and 3 grown step-children that are long gone from our home so my husband and I are happy empty nesters. I love to read, and I serve on the board of my local library district, I work full time at a graphic design company in St. Louis, MO. I have been a happy participant in First Look from the beginning. It's a wonderful program and this looks like a great read.

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Gail and I'm new to this but am looking forward to getting to know you!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Hi Donna, you have a really good way of introducing yourself and I'm hoping to learn from you how to post!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Distinguished Wordsmith
aprilh
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm April from Nebraska and I love to read. Currently I'm reading Hush, Hush for the Teen Book Club. I love these First Look discussions. It's so much fun to read a book with a big group of people and hear their thoughts. This book looks fantastic! I'm so glad it was chosen for next month's discussion.

April
Inspired Contributor
jbnie
0 Kudos

Hi, my name Is Jane and I am from South Jersey, shore person. I enjoy these discussion because they connect me to a broad discussion group. I love the exchange of ideas and I love that I can participate. This book sounds great and I hope that I get a copy of it. Looking forward to a good discussion ! :smileyhappy:

New User
dkw646s
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Danielle from St. Louis. This will be my first book discussion; I'm looking forward to it!

Correspondent
Rosei
0 Kudos

Hello!! I'm Rosangela, from Brazil, and I'm already very excited about the new First Look.We've had really great books and discussions aboard this year!

I've just enrolled and I'm glad for the opportunity.

Hugs to all!

Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm Margot and this will be my fourth First Look book. I love the WW 2 period since that was when I was born. I grew up hearing my parents and other family members talk about those times. I'm looking forward to this one.

My husband and I are now retired and primarily travel the country. The mailing address is in Indiana but we no longer call it home. We are enjoying these days when we can spend all day (and night) reading if we choose to. One of the benefits of all those years of working hard.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
Contributor
The_Book_Queen

Wow-- it seems like everyone's participated in First Look at least a few times! :smileyvery-happy:

If I get a copy of Postmistresses (which, while not my normal go-to genre, sounds really interesting!), this will be my first time in B&N First Look.

I've heard about it before, of course, but it seems like whenever I'd get word of a new book being offered, I'd always be a day or two too late-- and I'm really upset that I missed the deadline for 'Hush, Hush'---- I've had my eyes on this book for months now, and I can't wait to read it when it comes out!

I guess I'll stop my mini-rant (I promise, I don't mean it to sound that way), and move on to a bit about myself.

Hi, I'm Danielle (or, really, more people online and in person know me as 'The_Book_Queen", my username on all my websites and blog for years). I live in a small town in Utah (don't judge!), and I love it here. Currently I'm taking courses from the local college to get my Associates, before moving to a University to get my Bachelors (more in likely in English, surprise, surprise).

I love reading (which is obvious, I'm sure), and I've been an avid reader all my life, from chapter books in gradeschool, on to fantasy and romance novels (my weaknesses) that I've been obsessed with for the last few years. I've got a blog, (www.tbqspersonalbookpalace.blogspot.com), if anyone is interesting in finding a new place to check out upcoming releases, reviews, and other fun, book related topics. I'm also on a lot of the book 'social' networks, so I'm sure you'll see my name in a lot of places (LibraryThing, Shelfari, GoodReads,etc).

That's about all... most of my life isn't that exciting! :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy,

TBQ/Danielle

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hey, Gail! I'm glad you could join us for this one.

Kittysmom wrote:

Hi, I'm Gail and I'm new to this but am looking forward to getting to know you!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I will help however I can, Gail. Also, as you have heard me say many, many times, there are lots of helpful people here. Feel free to post questions anytime.  :smileywink:

Kittysmom wrote:

Hi Donna, you have a really good way of introducing yourself and I'm hoping to learn from you how to post!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
T-Mo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, I’m Tara and I live in NC. I’m currently taking two classes to finish up my Bachelors. I'm an English major, History minor. I love to read, especially anything related to WWII. When this book was brought to my attention I thought it looked very interesting. I really want to read this book and am hopeful I can participate in this discussion. 

Contributor
BSC42
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi! My name is Beth! I'm from MN, where you always need a good book to snuggle up with!

My sister Laura turned me on to First Look Book Club and I am excited to be a new member and hope I signed up in time!

I have 4 kids 23, 20, 17, and 8 months(yep he was a surprise)!!!  Only 2 at home (both boys) and I used to be a avid reader and I am going to make time for reading again.

Looks like a very interesting book, can't wait to start!

Contributor
wendyreads09
0 Kudos

The Postmistress looks like a great read.  I just sent in my request and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to participate in First Look for this book.  If so, it will be my second First Look book.  My first is currently Hush Hush which we are discussing through September 30.  This was a great read.  Thanks B&N for this opportunity.

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

gmfuhlman wrote:

My name is Gail Marie, and I love to read very much.  I always have a book in my car or handbag plus I go to the library and BN etc.  Now if we want to talk about my house I have books all over  my house, I am still waiting for my husband to put up bookshelves in one of the room for my library room.  Any way I just turn 57 on July l, but I am young at heart always, people keep telling me to act my age what do they mean by that. This book sounds a lot like Love and War, I love books that make you read to the end to find out the secret that is hided.  Can't wait to read this book.

Hi Gail

Yea, I've been wondering about the same statement of 'acting my age'. I think they are jealous. I just turned 60 and enjoying my age, thought I was acting my age. :smileyvery-happy:

I'm Cora, living in Roseville, California and have found the love of reading books and playing around with writing. I have been in a few of the FL' s and have enjoyed the choices and directions they are leading me in.

Cora