Scribe
DSaff

Re: Welcome and Introductions

[ Edited ]

Welcome, Brandon! You aren't the only man here. My husband (MSaff), Marcilio, and others are here too. I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion. :smileywink:

n4bgw wrote:

After reading just the first page of introductions, I feel like the only male in here.........

My name is Brandon, and I just turned 20 a month ago. I've been kicking myself to read something, since I've managed to read almost nothing since I graduated from high school a little over a year ago. I'm a freshman at Florida International University, and majoring in Information Technology and minoring in Music. After reading the synopsis that popped up on my fan page from Facebook, I decided this is what I would challenge myself to read.

I look forward to discussing this book with every one of y'all, as much as I look forward to reading it! :smileyhappy:

http://www.facebook.com/SiriusGoWoof

Brandon

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, sirihm!  We were all new at one time, so please feel free to ask any questions you have.  :smileyhappy:

slrihm wrote:

Hi,

I'm brand new to this and hope I followed all the steps correctly!

I'm a native of Washington State and live now in Iowa.  I moved from a tiny community in the north central part to the Des Moines area in June.  I love living in the midwest.

I had a great time reading this summer and look forward to reading and discussing online!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Reader 2
barb1207
0 Kudos

Hi!

My name is Barb, I'm 51 and live in Lebanon, OH. This will be my first time in any of the book clubs, and I'm really looking forward to it!

New User
MyMusings
0 Kudos

Hello! *waves*

I'm Melanie, named after the character in Gone with the Wind.  However, I've been told at times that I resemble Scarlett more.  :smileywink:  I'm a teen, and I just recently discovered the First Look Club.  It's a great idea, and I thoroughly loved Under this Unbroken Sky.  I'm looking forward to many more First Looks to come.  I read a wide variety of books, but I admit that I have a soft spot for historical fiction.  The past is so... Mysterious. 

New User
n4bgw
0 Kudos

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only teen (or close to it) here (I'm 20)! This will be my first "First Look" as well, and am looking forward to it! :smileyhappy: Where are you from?

Brandon

New User
HulaStitch
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jillian. I live in Orem, Utah.  I am married, with no little ones yet. I am very excited to read The PostMistress and participate in the discussions.

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Hey everybody...Thankyou FL staff and B&N for giving me an eighth opportunity to be apart

of The Postmistrees arc.  Looking forward to reading this novel...from what little I've read

it seems like it will be an exciting read. See you all in the disscussions. If anyone needs

help, I'll be more than glad to help...just email.

New User
MyMusings
0 Kudos

I'm from the NW part of Florida.  What about you?

New User
n4bgw
0 Kudos

I'm in South Florida :smileyhappy: Which mean I'll prob. read this book while sitting at the beach :smileyhappy:

Contributor
shannonbh
0 Kudos

I'm Shannon and this is my 4th First Look Book.  I've really enjoyed the chance to peruse the books and discuss them.  I'm excited about this book - looks fascinating and I love books with historical context.  Who am I kidding - I just love books! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

HI! My name is Emily and I am currently living in Baltimore. I have participated in a few FL books discussions and enjoy reading books that I normally might not pick up. Reading is my favorite hobby/obsession. I look forward to the Postmistress and the lively discussion!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Barb! I hope you enjoy the group.  :smileywink:

barb1207 wrote:

Hi!

My name is Barb, I'm 51 and live in Lebanon, OH. This will be my first time in any of the book clubs, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Jillian! We're glad to have you with us.

HulaStitch wrote:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jillian. I live in Orem, Utah.  I am married, with no little ones yet. I am very excited to read The PostMistress and participate in the discussions.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Wow we have a lot of new members for this read I think it's going to be fun. Even though I like talking to all my old friends in FL there's always room for more friends.

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm Danielle from Central Jersey! In my late twenties and have one kitty...this will be my third First Look Book and I can't wait to start! This book sounds very interesting and exciting! I've never been disappointed in the books I've read through this program so I have nothing to say but positive things!

Happy Reading!

DC

Contributor
stkong7
0 Kudos

My name is Stacy, and I love reading.  I'm really looking forward to reading this book.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I am happy to say I received my confirmation today and I am looking forward to the discussion of this book. I think I am a book end in the group when it comes to the age of the participants but I promise to think young! As my mom said, inside my head I will always be 18!

New User
Marv1948
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:

Hi All,

I am "Marv",

a Disabled Veteran, with loads of time for reading and the internet!

I am looking forward to these discussions.

~ Marv (Moan-Yea)

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

liisa22 wrote:

I see some have received their confirmations already!  I hope i get mine soon, as I signed up yesterday!!

Lisa- trying not to sound whiny

OH how I love the word CONFIRMED!   yippeee!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

n4bgw wrote:

After reading just the first page of introductions, I feel like the only male in here.........

My name is Brandon, and I just turned 20 a month ago. I've been kicking myself to read something, since I've managed to read almost nothing since I graduated from high school a little over a year ago. I'm a freshman at Florida International University, and majoring in Information Technology and minoring in Music. After reading the synopsis that popped up on my fan page from Facebook, I decided this is what I would challenge myself to read.

I look forward to discussing this book with every one of y'all, as much as I look forward to reading it! :smileyhappy:

http://www.facebook.com/SiriusGoWoof

Brandon

Hi Brandon!

I promise you that your are not the only male here!  I am glad that you are challenging yourself to this book.  I think you will like the group here, we are a helpful and friendly lot!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/