New User
Meredithfl
0 Kudos

Re: About The Wake of Forgiveness" and Bruce Machart

I received my copy this week and am looking forward to reading and discussing it!

Meredith

Frequent Contributor
cynthiaoh
0 Kudos

Starting reading my copy yesterday -- cannot put it down. 

This may be a strange comment to make, but I wanted to note how beautiful the book itself is -- the inside graphics and the layout/paper is really nice.  I don't know if the officials copies will have the same exact look and feel, but I wanted to note that it is a really nice book to just have in your hands to read.

Strange, I know, but it looks like a lot of thought went into the layout and design.

Frequent Contributor
reader76
0 Kudos

No, I agree with you. I was very surprise with the cover and the leaves of the bound paper.  I was impressed.  The book feels good in my hands I read it.

Contributor
Krickett2432
0 Kudos

I started reading last night and liked how the first chapter really grabs you and makes you want to find out what happens next.  Anxious to find out . . .

Contributor
Dotcat
0 Kudos

I finally began reading the book last night and so far it has piqued my interest. This is one of my favorite time periods in American history so I am sure I will enjoy reading this novel.

I agree with the comments about the feel of the book. It has a nice feel and is easy on the eyes!

Donna

Contributor
ToniWI
0 Kudos

I received my copy just a couple of hours before leaving for vacation.  I started reading and had to force myself to slow.  Wake of Forgiveness is a great story.  Normally, I don't read western stories, but I was impressed with the writing and how the book pulled me into the story.  I might be sold on western themed books.

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I agree the first chapter pulls you and then it is hard to stop.  I tired to wait to start until the schedule was out but really got into it yesterday and will finish today.  Not normally what I would choose to read, but now I know why I need to step out from my normal stuff because I would have missed this great story!!!  It is amazing!

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

just finished the book and it blew my mind...I cannot wait to discuss it!!!:smileyhappy:

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
patfayo
0 Kudos

I am anxiously awaiting Sept. 1st. The discussions do not open until the 6th so I was afraid if I started I would read too far ahead and not be able to contain myself about being a spoiler. The comments so far, from what I have read, are making this a book one that I will not be able to put down.  Happy Reading and can't wait to start the discussions.

Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

I am curious about the cover --in the first post of this section, shows a white cover with a black horse and since i love horses--I may have picked the book up in the store to see if it was a horse story--however the book I got in the mail is all black. Which cover are you going with?  I like the white one with the horse better.

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

mommybooknerd wrote:

just finished the book and it blew my mind...I cannot wait to discuss it!!!:smileyhappy:

I found myself finished with this book before I knew it- great story. Can't wait until the disucussions start.

CAG
Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

deannafrances wrote:

I am curious about the cover --in the first post of this section, shows a white cover with a black horse and since i love horses--I may have picked the book up in the store to see if it was a horse story--however the book I got in the mail is all black. Which cover are you going with?  I like the white one with the horse better.

I don't care for the black cover.  I thought maybe it was a temporary look for the ARC.  I certainly hope the final copy has a more inviting look.

Jane M.
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

:smileyhappy:

I agree with you about the book cover:  The dark cover is not as appealing; I likely would not have picked up the book had I seen the cover before the content . . . 

A brighter show of the stark Black horse in the foreground would be better . . . 

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To Patfayo:  you are showing very good restraint in not reading ahead of the chosen date!!!

I thought I would wait initially & then I opened it, started slowly reading and next thing I knew I was 1/2 way thru the book and picking it up most evenings as a peek to see what happens next....

I made myself stop so I could at least remember what the content is for discussion on this FL club when the moment to do so arrives.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I too thought the black cover was just because it was an ARC, although other ARC covers have been interesting, and not plain like this one. Book covers do play a part if I will pick up a book especially if the author is unknown or unfamiliar to me.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
tdunham220
0 Kudos

I can pretty much guarantee that I would not have picked this book up in the bookstore, but I am excited to try something different and look forward to a good read. Can't wait to hear what others think of the book as the discussion proceeds!

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I just returned from a vacation.  I didn't let myself take it with me because I knew I would finish it if I had it along and whenever I do that I have trouble remembering where in the story things took place.  Keeping to a schedule is always hard though!

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

I am having a really hard time getting into this book. I have read only 15 pages and I cannot seem to pass it. It seems as though I am the only one having this problem.  Do I need to read further for it to grab me? I really love the first look program and feel bad putting this down after I committed to reading it by getting the book for free

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

ilenekm wrote:

I am having a really hard time getting into this book. I have read only 15 pages and I cannot seem to pass it. It seems as though I am the only one having this problem.  Do I need to read further for it to grab me? I really love the first look program and feel bad putting this down after I committed to reading it by getting the book for free

I'm with you on this one, Ilene.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

ilenekm wrote:

It is intense,but if you just try reading on a bit,it does give more of what maybe you are looking for to grab you   Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer