Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Between the music and  the action I am hooked and can't wait to receive the book. It is a powerful  trailer.

Paul_Hochman wrote:

Pretty intense, as is the book.

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

After seeing the video I am so glad that I am getting the chance to read this book. This trailer for the book as great and I agree with the others Wow!!!!

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Hmmm interesting way to promote a book.

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

This book can't arrive soon enough! I'm so anxious to start reading this one!  I was already excited by the description even before the trailer. hurry hurry hurry

I'm reading everything I can get my hands on in the meantime. lol

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Wow - can't wait to get this one!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wow, great visual tool.  Looking forward to receiving my book!!

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

Wow!  That was pretty edge of your seat stuff!  So looking forward to receiving my copy so I can dive into it.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Paul.

---Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Contributor
DfiggZ
0 Kudos

I know it has been said plenty of times already but WOW it is very internse. I can't wait to get atarted on it!

Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

Just like everybody else - WOW!  I had not seen a trailer before and thought maybe this was a book written from the screenplay and it was already set to be a movie, but since you all say they have been done before, I'll have to go back to other FL sites to check it out.

Jane M.
Inspired Contributor
suzebomb54
0 Kudos

camibones wrote:

That's a great trailer...but does anyone else find it really odd to watch a trailer for a book?

I was thinking the same thing as I watched it - made me wonder if someone has thoughts of making it into a movie. I suppose that would be every author's dream, maybe?

"So many books, so little time"

Susan
Frequent Contributor
cynthiaoh
0 Kudos

Ack!!!!!!  Now I really can't wait to get my hands on this book!!!!!!!

I am so looking forward to this read!

Scribe
DSaff

Hi, Jane. The trailers are such a great marketing tool. Just look at the excitement building for this book! <grin> I may be mistaken, but I think the first trailer we had was for "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane." You might want to check that one out.  :smileyhappy:

JaneM wrote:

Just like everybody else - WOW!  I had not seen a trailer before and thought maybe this was a book written from the screenplay and it was already set to be a movie, but since you all say they have been done before, I'll have to go back to other FL sites to check it out.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Correspondent
Jennmarie68
0 Kudos

DSaff,

I think you're right, Physick Book of Deliverance Dane was the first trailer I remember seeing. And that was a great trailer!!! My first FL was Sag Harbor, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a trailer for that one. 

I love book trailers. Someone else stated that they were hesitant to watch so that they didn't have preconceived notions of what the characters look like, and I was that way at first. But I've realized that they don't really affect my views of the characters, they just make the anticipation to read the book that much more unbearable...

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That was a very interesting trailer.  I agree with Wanderingjew...the music was definitely part of the "sell" for me.  Looking forward to the brown truck arrival.

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

HOLY MAN..That was a great trailer..I wish I had the book now...amazing...it will be neat to watch it again after I finish the book too!

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I agree 100% and I love your quote!

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
deannafrances

It looked alot like a movie trailer for an old Western.  I liked the scenes of the horse, and I believe there was a young girl with a horse--it did go by fast and just give you a feel for the book.

I can see both sides of the issue, some people like to imagine the characters in their own mind--others don't mind seeing the movie first or photos or art work doesn't interfere with the reading. I think nowadays reading is so low on most people's agenda--if this helps pull them into finding out what joys and thrills reading can provide than--go for it.

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise

WOW!  What an intense trailer.  I love the trailers for the First Look...makes you want to start reading more...hurry up little brown truck! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
lovetoreadLW
0 Kudos

I was also nervous to watch the trailer. I like to envision the characters based on the author's descriptions without any external suggestions! I did watch it and thought it was intense and such a great  way to market a book.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Great trailer!  Do you think the big, brown truck will be playing that music when it comes to my house? 

I didn't mind seeing the characters before reading the book.  They all resembled generic actors in any given western.  I must admit, I felt like I was transformed back to the days of watching The Wagon Train.  

Paul, when will the big, brown truck be coming to my house?  I'm between books right now and waiting (im)patiently.