Reply
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
Posts: 606
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

WOW!!  Hurry , hurry Brown!!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Contributor
cbaaa108
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎02-24-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

What fun a trailer for a book . . . Now I really can't wait to read this one.

Scribe
Mountain_Muse
Posts: 1,104
Registered: ‎06-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

The trailer plays out just like the overview, but in full living color!  This looks to have wonderful deminsions to the story that is going to spark some lively discussion.  September will be a great month!

A really good book is much like an artichoke. As you peel back each page of the of the book, you get closer and closer to the succulent heart of the story.
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

 


literature wrote:

Great trailer!  Do you think the big, brown truck will be playing that music when it comes to my house? 

 

I didn't mind seeing the characters before reading the book.  They all resembled generic actors in any given western.  I must admit, I felt like I was transformed back to the days of watching The Wagon Train.  

 

Paul, when will the big, brown truck be coming to my house?  I'm between books right now and waiting (im)patiently.

 

 


 

Just received my book this morning! It was mailed from New Jersey and I live in Bucks County PA. The east coast seems to get their books first since the mailings come out of Monroe Township, NJ. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon!

 

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

My eyes are peeled now...come soon BIG BROWN truck!

You are the author of your own life story.
Correspondent
retromom
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎02-02-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Wow, that was an intense trailer! If the book is anything like the trailer, there will be much to discuss in this book. Looking forward to it's arrival!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Wordsmith
babzilla41
Posts: 252
Registered: ‎05-04-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Big brown truck made its way to central NY .... can't wait to dig into this book!!

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Wordsmith
literature
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!


eadieburke wrote:

 


literature wrote:

Great trailer!  Do you think the big, brown truck will be playing that music when it comes to my house? 

 

I didn't mind seeing the characters before reading the book.  They all resembled generic actors in any given western.  I must admit, I felt like I was transformed back to the days of watching The Wagon Train.  

 

Paul, when will the big, brown truck be coming to my house?  I'm between books right now and waiting (im)patiently.

 

 


 

Just received my book this morning! It was mailed from New Jersey and I live in Bucks County PA. The east coast seems to get their books first since the mailings come out of Monroe Township, NJ. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon!

 


This will be the only time in this discussion that I will say this:  "I have one up on you."  I actually live in central NJ, the next county over from Monroe Township, NJ.  Since it was lightly raining yesterday, the driver very nicely hid it under the door mat.  The driver once told me that book deliveries get extra special care.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
Posts: 303
Registered: ‎08-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

After viewing the trailer I realized I would have viewed the movie had there been one . . .

I read in one of the threads that had the book been on a shelve one reader probably would not have chosen it & I felt that way as well, but after viewing the trailer I am sold it would be interesting to me . . .

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
Posts: 1,925
Registered: ‎01-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

 


literature wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

 


literature wrote:

Great trailer!  Do you think the big, brown truck will be playing that music when it comes to my house? 

 

I didn't mind seeing the characters before reading the book.  They all resembled generic actors in any given western.  I must admit, I felt like I was transformed back to the days of watching The Wagon Train.  

 

Paul, when will the big, brown truck be coming to my house?  I'm between books right now and waiting (im)patiently.

 

 


 

Just received my book this morning! It was mailed from New Jersey and I live in Bucks County PA. The east coast seems to get their books first since the mailings come out of Monroe Township, NJ. Hopefully, yours will arrive soon!

 


This will be the only time in this discussion that I will say this:  "I have one up on you."  I actually live in central NJ, the next county over from Monroe Township, NJ.  Since it was lightly raining yesterday, the driver very nicely hid it under the door mat.  The driver once told me that book deliveries get extra special care.


 

My driver actually stuck my book between my screen door and the front door. How nice that they take extra care with our books! They do deserve extra care - don't you think?

 

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reader
TXShoeGal
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-02-2010

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Really enjoyed the trailer.  I just received the book last night and began reading today, the trailer has made characters I've begun to read about come alive.

Correspondent
HannibalCat
Posts: 238
Registered: ‎10-25-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

What a great trailer. I really set the mood for this book. I usually follow the schedule exactly so I won't give anything away. But I'm willing to bet I've already passed the first reading section.  I will have to be very careful not to say too much. 

 

Having fun, though.

Correspondent
LindaEducation
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

It's going to be an action-packed book!  I love reading about that time period.

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
Muzby
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎11-30-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

I know! I thought it was really neat, too. I am really looking forward to watching it again after I finish the book.

Donna-readerinWI wrote:

Wow, Wow, Wow!!  This is the first time I've seen a trailer for a book, and I loved it!  The intensity brings something to the book that you wouldn't get from a jacket cover!  I hope to see more of these.  Looking forward to reading!!


Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎11-30-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Hi,

I wish that the book discussion was open ...if anyone knows where people are posting about the read please let me know!

I found the clip/trailer to be "hammer to the nail" right on target to what I have imagined in the book so far.  It bothers me that the father uses his boys as his field horses and whips them as such.  I love the author's way of almost writing backwards.....statement's stated in such poetic terms that I have to reread the sentence in order to get the full grasp of the meaning, yet when I reread the sentence I get a picture in my mind, much like poetry.

I can see why other's compare this book to the story of "No Place for Old Men" (or whatever it is called) for the father is doing right by his boys by instilling in them rules of conduct while at the same time teaching them about love by not giving it away freely.

Can't wait to start chatting with others ...especially about that horse race ...what did he do with that strap to the other guys horse!!!?

If you read this and have an idea please share with me!!!  I can only imagine that he hit the other's horse in such a way that it made it dart into the trees vs. around.

Talk Soon, I Hope!

Darby

Reader
mama_hen
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

[ Edited ]

I am new to the 'First Look Book Club' I have received my copy and started reading, I have never seen a video trailer for a book before. I look forward to the discussion and being a part of this book club. I would rather be reading the book right now, but realized the other day I had no idea when/where I needed to participate here-I'd hate to not be able to be a part of this due to my reading and not participating. ; )

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
Posts: 546
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

SPOILER


Darbys_Closet wrote:

Hi,

I wish that the book discussion was open ...if anyone knows where people are posting about the read please let me know!

I found the clip/trailer to be "hammer to the nail" right on target to what I have imagined in the book so far.  It bothers me that the father uses his boys as his field horses and whips them as such.  I love the author's way of almost writing backwards.....statement's stated in such poetic terms that I have to reread the sentence in order to get the full grasp of the meaning, yet when I reread the sentence I get a picture in my mind, much like poetry.

I can see why other's compare this book to the story of "No Place for Old Men" (or whatever it is called) for the father is doing right by his boys by instilling in them rules of conduct while at the same time teaching them about love by not giving it away freely.

Can't wait to start chatting with others ...especially about that horse race ...what did he do with that strap to the other guys horse!!!?

If you read this and have an idea please share with me!!!  I can only imagine that he hit the other's horse in such a way that it made it dart into the trees vs. around.

Talk Soon, I Hope!

Darby


 

Hi Darby,

This is too much info as the discussion has not started yet.  Some of us are waiting until this week end to start reading.

MG

Frequent Contributor
librarysusie
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎07-21-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Wow thats quite the trailer, and after reading Bruce's intro on the other board I'm going to have to get this one started soon!Thanks again for the opportunity!

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
Posts: 231
Registered: ‎01-08-2007
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

Great trailer! Does the book justice. 

Contributor
ToniWI
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎03-29-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Check out the Trailer!

WOW!  I love it!