Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room: Book is delivered!

:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

The Wake of Forgiveness arrived yesterday at 1715 hours  . . . 

The noise of a truck, the big brown one, coming quickly down the suburban street making quick dashes between address and back to the truck . . then it was my turn--ringing of the door bell first . . . then packages dropped off as if Santa Claus would be revealed if not darting from the door.

I opened it and started reading chapter 1, 2 . . now I have to stop myself..

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: iPad????

In my house, the husband and myself, were torn as to which eReader to buy; you see I am a devoted "MAC" techie and wanted the iPad, but not just for the eReader portion.

We chose the B&N NOOK & very pleased because so far we share it and I have read 2 books on it in just a small period I use it.  Great purchase-just wish more of the 'free' eBooks were not the "over-read; been there done that" classics and offered a few current titles.

His current read on the Nook is:

He is thoroughly enjoying it.  This is from a person who is "tech/device-challenged" 

War

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: BookMarks-

I too love bookmarks, but I have to admit the library check-out cards are great!  I worked in a college library for several years and I am fond of the library cards, which pretty much has gone away.  Now most check-out processes are computerized.

My favorite bookmark is a cow that hangs over the top of the pages; another nice one is one I purchased at the Vatican when I travelled.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

[ Edited ]

Congrats <dHaupt> on your purchase of the NOOK!

You will just love the feel and ease of reading on it.  The portability makes it so friendly too.

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that people have started receiving the books.  My little brown box usually arrives a day or two after the first group of people get their packages.  I think today may be my lucky day!

Inspired Correspondent
Goodword
0 Kudos

My book arrived on Monday.  Yesterday I took my 9 yo daughter and some friends hiking along a waterfall trail; while they built dams in the creek, I got to start reading!  Perfect afternoon!

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

Everyone needs to check out LESLEY KAGEN...she is amazing!!! 

Whistling in the Dark 

Land of a Hundred Wonders  

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

She also has written:

Tomorrow River  

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

I received my book yesterday (Tuesday) in northern Virginia.  That was too quick!  I am almost disappointed that I don't get to stalk the UPS truck for a few days...,.well, no, not really.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Darkfever (Fever Series #1)  Ditto. Congrats...Twj.I'm sure you will love it...so many more books to enjoy from BN..Just received my Book yesterday.,"The Wake of Forgiveness "    read a few pages,and definitely will be a Great FirstLook".I haven't read all my BN emails..Took a day off yesterday..and read a lot of light and Paranormal..After "Drawing in the Dust" I needed a little "Fantasy' Luanne..Since you have The Nook,I can't wait for your report on your brothers ipad..Susan...

Susan,

Thanks for posting that Deeply, Desperately is out in print.  I read the first Lucy Valentine mystery, Truly Madly, as a Sneak Peek and really enjoyed the characters.

Carolyn

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine Series #3)  
bookowlie wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Darkfever (Fever Series #1)  Ditto. Congrats...Twj.I'm sure you will love it...so many more books to enjoy from BN..Just received my Book yesterday.,"The Wake of Forgiveness "    read a few pages,and definitely will be a Great FirstLook".I haven't read all my BN emails..Took a day off yesterday..and read a lot of light and Paranormal..After "Drawing in the Dust" I needed a little "Fantasy' Luanne..Since you have The Nook,I can't wait for your report on your brothers ipad..Susan...

Susan,

Thanks for posting that Deeply, Desperately is out in print.  I read the first Lucy Valentine mystery, Truly Madly, as a Sneak Peek and really enjoyed the characters.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn..I read Truly Madly as a Sneak Peek as well,and was hooked..DD was just released August 3rd,and a Great follow up to TM..Especially if you are curious about  what's going on in Lucy's and Everyone else's life."Surprises" as well..Thats all I will say  :  ) Enjoy Susan..Another Lucy V.book is coming out"Absolutely,Positively" Must ck when...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

What am I reading ??

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone, no the brown truck did not make it to the rural farm land of Missouri, well he did but not to deliver TWOF, ti's pretty telling how I feel about First Look when I open a package only to discover an ARC from a publisher that wants my review of one of their books and I'm disappointed because it's not my FL. Oh well today's another day. Right

twj I hope you enjoy your IPad I have a friend who loves hers.

VTC - are you just now starting Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, that is my all time favorite series.

And thanks AtreyU for the congrats on my new nook, I love it.

One of my other all time favorite authors took some time off to create an off broadway play which just closed last month, she still kept writing though because her newest romantic suspense novel just hit the shelves and it's great.

you can check out my review here at B&N or of course on my blog, but whatever you do check out the book.

Infamous 

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Re: What am I reading ??

Oy, its been a while since I have been on here! I still haven't recieved my book, but things are looking good for today!  Currently been on a huge YA kick, trying to decide if I want to start a blog on them..

anywoo.. reading right now:

Harmonic Feedback 

Fallen  

God Is in the Pancakes  

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Tempest Rising (Jane True Series #1)  Debbie 'DarkFever is wonderful. Fills That Paranormal void for me.Another Great series is Nicole Peelers.its set in Maine and Boston and is in my opinion Smart,Adult ,fun and absolutely wonderful. Nicole is a professor of Literature with her PHD...#3 will be out in Feb2011...pen had suggested it and ,the rest is history..I like reading them between more intense Books I need the balance..Susan..

Frequent Contributor
BethAnnH
0 Kudos

The book was waiting for me when I got home last night.  I'm really excited about getting started with it.   It arrived just in time, I've just finished The Passage, what an awesome book that was, I hated for it to end.   

Contributor
Whiskerbiscuit73
0 Kudos

BethAnnH wrote:

The book was waiting for me when I got home last night.  I'm really excited about getting started with it.   It arrived just in time, I've just finished The Passage, what an awesome book that was, I hated for it to end.   

I agree, I loved The Passage and didn't want it to end, and don't want to wait 'til 2011 for the next one to be published!

~Nicole

Contributor
SherylNC
0 Kudos

I just got the book! So excited to start reading!

Sheryl

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Good morning everyone, no the brown truck did not make it to the rural farm land of Missouri, well he did but not to deliver TWOF, ti's pretty telling how I feel about First Look when I open a package only to discover an ARC from a publisher that wants my review of one of their books and I'm disappointed because it's not my FL. Oh well today's another day. Right

twj I hope you enjoy your IPad I have a friend who loves hers.

VTC - are you just now starting Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, that is my all time favorite series.

And thanks AtreyU for the congrats on my new nook, I love it.

One of my other all time favorite authors took some time off to create an off broadway play which just closed last month, she still kept writing though because her newest romantic suspense novel just hit the shelves and it's great.

you can check out my review here at B&N or of course on my blog, but whatever you do check out the book.

Infamous 

Deb Will be reading the DarkFever series,,I like her writing style..and   Set in Dublin..makes it even better...Susan

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

Re: BookMarks-

I make bookmarks as gifts and it is so much fun to give something from the heart!

Coral50 wrote:

You can never have enough 'Bookmarks' especially the gifted ones. My favorites are ribbon with beads on the ends.

I wasn't really collecting them but I find myself picking up special finds all the time. And they are great gifts for readers.

Cora

liisa22 wrote:

OK as I was grabbing a bookmark for my current read, I realized that I have some really cool and interesting bookmarks! I must collect them- LOL.   I ought to post pics of them on my blog.  Does anyone else 'collect' bookmarks?  Many of mine have been gifts, but some i have bought!

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I am reading Star Island