Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

How to Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll - ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED.

[ Edited ]

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on September 6th.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Unfortunately, we can no longer ship internationally. We apologize.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper right of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

Forgiveness

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

Be sure to go to the "Welcome and Introduction" thread and say Hello!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: How to Get Your Free Reading Copy & Enroll

These are excellent instructions.  Thanks for being detailed so we can sign up without issues.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
TNmumof2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry but I don't see an envelope icon.  Where exactly is it?

Thanks

eta - nevermind - I was going to the wrong page.

New User
mamason
0 Kudos

Toward the top of the page, left side it says, "B&N Community." Directly under that it should have your user name, logout, my profile, help and then the envelope.

Reader 4
Katknapp1952
0 Kudos

Do you know what time the discussion will take place?  I'm not available all day on the 6th, but I'd love to get involved in stuff like this.

Thank you.

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Katknapp1952 wrote:

Do you know what time the discussion will take place?  I'm not available all day on the 6th, but I'd love to get involved in stuff like this.

Thank you.

It's a month long discussion. If you can't join on the 6th, no worries.

dhaupt

Katknapp1952 wrote:

Thank you.

LIke Paul said Kat, this is a month long discussion, but also these forums are more like chat rooms, there is not a particular time for anyone to participate, some people chat all day, some in the evening after work and some are night owls. So you just participate when ever and for however long you want. Just lurk around a bit and you'll get the gist in no time.

Hey and welcome, I love it when someone new joins in. I love many voices discussing the same thing.

Frequent Contributor
deannafrances

Thanks for having a REAL BOOK!!  I have missed these discussions.  Glad to be back.

Frequent Contributor
cynthiaoh
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Just curious if you are giving the option for an ebook on this one. Not trying to make it difficult or complicated-- just wanted to see. if there were options for a hard book or ebook.

Thanks! :-)

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

cynthiaoh wrote:

Hi Paul,

Just curious if you are giving the option for an ebook on this one. Not trying to make it difficult or complicated-- just wanted to see. if there were options for a hard book or ebook.

Thanks! :-)

No eBook on this one, Cynthia; just the physical copy.

Frequent Contributor
cynthiaoh
0 Kudos

Thanks!  It will be fun with a hard copy book too!  Thank you for all you do with First Look!

Frequent Contributor
momofprecious1
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for making this first looks one with a hard copy book. I love the feel of book & just couldn't get into the e-reader. Tuscania
New User
Mershawn
0 Kudos

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
DarcyPDX
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble getting signed up for the book club.  I'm logged into my B&N account and have registered a pen name.  When I go to what I believe is the message board at http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-The-Wake-of/bd-p/wakeofforgiveness, the New Message tab is greyed out, so I can't complete my enrollment by submitting my information.  Help!!

Contributor
DarcyPDX
0 Kudos

Oops, never mind.  I just read one of the conversation threads which gave me a clue where the little envelope was on my screen.  I was going to the wrong page.  I think I've got it now.  Thanks.

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

I have signed up for this and am anxiously awaiting my confirmation, It really sounds like a good book!

Gail or Kittysmom

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

I am the same way, I would rather hold a book in my hands than an e-reader, but to each his own! Some people love the kindle or nook!

Gail or Kittysmom

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

THANK YOU! :smileyvery-happy:
deannafrances wrote:

Thanks for having a REAL BOOK!!  I have missed these discussions.  Glad to be back.

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

I would LOVE to sign up for September's FIrst Look as the book looks interesting -- unfortunately school will have started and I won't have much time for reading. I've enjoyed the others that I've read. I look forward to the next First Look selction -- hopefully it will be digital!

Lisa

Contributor
erinsam
0 Kudos

How do you know if you got confirmed?  Sent message per the instructions and have not seen any notes.  Do you get a notice either way?

Paul_Hochman wrote:

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on September 6th.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Unfortunately, we can no longer ship internationally. We apologize.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper right of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

Forgiveness

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

Be sure to go to the "Welcome and Introduction" thread and say Hello!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!