Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: Terrific Piece On Bruce!

It is nice to see an author get this kind of press.

Good for Bruce.

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Wow! Thanks for sharing the review, Paul! So happy the book received such well deserved praise! Enjoying this book very much!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Good for Bruce.

I was so shocked pen,that we have TWOF..Great for Bruce.Paul,and of course us..Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Don't you think they  select pretty good books for us to discuss? We are indeed lucky.
twj
Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Good for Bruce.

I was so shocked pen,that we have TWOF..Great for Bruce.Paul,and of course us..Susan

Inspired Contributor
Kittysmom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing that review on Bruce!  Since I have been vocal about having a hard time with this book - I would really like to hear if he had a hard time with it or did it just come easy to him?  Because some of the scenes are really hard to read, at least for me!

"Open a book and the world is yours"
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Not only did I read the article through this site, but I also have an original clipping from the WSJ tucked into my ARC book.  The review is dead on and I believe the reviews that will be posted on the B&N site will be at least equal if not full of more praise.  The book is just an all around excellent read!

Sheila 

Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

Your book is beautifully written and was I enjoyed reading it very much! Thank you for sharing it with me. 

Anne

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Correspondent
PinkPanther
0 Kudos

The review of the book is a hit right on the nails head. This novel is one of the best that I have read so far. From the moment I opened it and started reading, I smelled the earth being kicked up by the horses, and I felt the sweat of this family while they work. Great article!

"I ought, therefore I can"
-Immanuel Kant
Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

I am honored to be part of the First Look club with such a strongly recommended book as part of the program.  Of course, now that I'm reading the book, I can concur that it is exceptional.

Jane M.
Contributor
CD33
0 Kudos

What a wonderful article! Bruce should be very excited! The book is great!

Contributor
AnneEK
0 Kudos

What an awesome review!  Like other readers, I also feel honored to be part of the "First Look" group reading Bruce's book.

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

Anne
Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

Really impressive for a first novel to have a featured review in the WSJ.   I'm looking forward to rereading just to appreciate the language.  This kind of publicity should be a big boost for sales.  How fun that we're getting our First Look at something that is already creating buzz. 

Contributor
erinsam
0 Kudos

Very impressive piece on a debut..Way to go Bruce!

Inspired Correspondent
jb70
0 Kudos

I always love seeing the books we are reading or have read in magazines and newspapers.  I recall seeing "The Postmistress" in People and I found it exciting that I had already read the book that was being reviewed!

http://bookbookseverywhere.blogspot.com/
B&N Bookseller
melissas
0 Kudos

Holy cow! What an honor to be listed there with all of those bestselling writers. That is amazing for a debut author.

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

Thank you for sharing this!

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Great review!!     I'm so pleased to be given the opportunity to read this book.  

Paul_Hochman wrote:

This is huge. Click here to check out today's Wall Street Journal.

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul for sharing!  It's nice to see Bruce get such well-deserved press.  I always enjoy reading reviews about the First Look books.  Then when I see the books in the bookstores, I feel so proud, as if it were my own child's debut!

Carolyn

Frequent Contributor
crazylilcuban
0 Kudos

So awesome! Bruce deserves every good word and to be featured among such great writers.  The Wake of Forgiveness has truly been a treasure to read and I'm so glad First Look (and Bruce of course) gave us the opportunity to enjoy his wonderful novel.