Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to Bruce, Adrienne, and the group!

Please help me to give great thanks to Bruce Machart for letting us get this early read of Wake of Forgiveness!

Bruce, you've been wonderful this month. Thanks for sharing so much of your time, your warm intelligence, and your work with us!

Thanks to Adrienne for all of your attention to our questions and comments, for sharing what your work is like, and especially for getting Wake of Forgiveness out of a dusty box and onto the shelves! 

I would like to thank the group for all of your readings and your insightful posts. The atmosphere in the group is thoughtful, frank, and respectful, and that makes our discussions both challenging and welcoming to everyone. A pleasure!

Rachel

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to Bruce, Adrienne, and the group!

This book was great for promoting a lot of discussion.

I really enjoyed this book. It was one of those books that really cause you to think about hardships and cruelty.

Thanks to Bruce and Adrienne for joining us.

Luanne

Author
Bruce-Machart
0 Kudos

And thanks to you all!  To Paul and Rachel and all of the wonderful readers that this forum has brought together.  I will never forget the experience, and I would SO like to meet some of you while I'm on the road in the coming month to promote Wake!  Please come out and introduce yourselves!  I have some special bookmarks for VIPs like you!

Warmest regards, and thanks by the bucketful,

Bruce

www.brucemachart.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Bruce-Machart wrote:

And thanks to you all!  To Paul and Rachel and all of the wonderful readers that this forum has brought together.  I will never forget the experience, and I would SO like to meet some of you while I'm on the road in the coming month to promote Wake!  Please come out and introduce yourselves!  I have some special bookmarks for VIPs like you!

Warmest regards, and thanks by the bucketful,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce for your time and your wonderful book!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Thank you Bruce, it was a most excellent and enjoyable read

Thanks Rachel and Paul and all the members for a truly memorable First Look

Frequent Contributor
camibones
0 Kudos

Yes, thank you all for letting us have the opportunity to read and discuss this book!

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Thank you Bruce, Arienne and all of the discussion group. This was such a rewarding experience for me. I truly appreciated the thoughts of everyone and the book was remarkable.

CAG
Distinguished Correspondent
salander_9277
0 Kudos

This was my first First Look experience and it was amazing.  Thank you for providing this opportunity!

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Contributor
FireRaven9
0 Kudos

Thanks to Bruce and to Barnes & Noble for the opportunity to be an Advanced Reader. I enjoyed being a part of the group.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Kudos to Bruce,etc. for putting out a work of art. The images created by Bruce were so believable as to put the reader there in Texas in those time periods. I enjoyed the book and I hope it is a stunning success.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Rachel-K wrote:

Please help me to give great thanks to Bruce Machart for letting us get this early read of Wake of Forgiveness!

Bruce, you've been wonderful this month. Thanks for sharing so much of your time, your warm intelligence, and your work with us!

Thanks to Adrienne for all of your attention to our questions and comments, for sharing what your work is like, and especially for getting Wake of Forgiveness out of a dusty box and onto the shelves! 

I would like to thank the group for all of your readings and your insightful posts. The atmosphere in the group is thoughtful, frank, and respectful, and that makes our discussions both challenging and welcoming to everyone. A pleasure!

Rachel

I enjoyed the book.  Looking forward to reading more from Bruce in the future. 

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Frequent Contributor
Madgy
0 Kudos

Bruce,

Thanks so much for sharing your book with us.  I really enjoyed it and so appreciate having been a part of this group.  Looking forward to more from you Bruce!!!!

Thanks again,

Madgy

Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for what has once again been such a rewarding experience.  It's so nice to actually be privy to the author's insight and to be able to discuss the book with others.  Each time I come away with so many different thoughts and ideas that never even crossed my mind when I read a particular passage so it is like reading the same book 20 different ways! Thanks Bruce, Adrienne and BN for such a great read!

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Rachel-K wrote:

Rachel

Thank you so much for the opportunity to preview TWOF.  Bruce, if your book tour brings you towards central NY, I'll be sure to see you there!  Best of luck to you and Adrienne - hope to see you on the best seller list.

Thank you, once again, Barnes and Noble for the awesome read.

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Many thanks to everyone involved in this discussion. Bruce, best wishes with your book! Adrienne, thank you for your time and responses. Thank you, Paul for book selection, Rachel for your excellent questions, and everyone at B&N for the opportunity to have First Look. Group, thank you for your participation! I have enjoyed the discussion immensely. See you next time.  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

I would like to add a great big thanks to Bruce, Adrienne, Paul, Rachel, B&N, and of course all of the First Look members!

JaneM
0 Kudos

Thanks to First Look and B&N for the opportunity to read a great book.  Thanks to Bruce for sharing so much of himself to help us understand how and why he wrote this particular book, and also thanks to Bruce for slaving over every phrase - it paid off!  Bravo!

Jane M.
Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for another enjoyable First Look experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the group, Bruce's comments and Rachael's excellent questions. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce and Adrienne, and Everyone in First Look,

I wanted to take this opportunity to Thank You for allowing us to read "The Wake of Forgiveness."  It was a little out my normal genre, and you allowed me to expand my thoughts.  Bruce, you have a special way with words.  Good Luck and I hope that "The Wake of Forgiveness" does well. 

It was a pleasure both reading and discussing the novel with everyone.  Thank You All.

Rachel-K wrote:

Rachel

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Thanks to Paul and Rachel for your hard work in managing this latest First Look discussion.

Thanks to Bruce and Adrienne for allowing us an early look at TWOF and joining in the discussion.  Bruce, thank you for sharing your "baby" with us.

To my fellow FIrst Look members, thanks as always for a lively and thoughtful discussion.  This book was outside my comfort zone and not exactly my cup of tea.  However, being part of this group forced me to look at different angles of the story, which is always a rewarding part of reading.

Carolyn