Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: Wake of Forgiveness: Love, Marriage and Family in Another Time and Landscape

Imp:  

I was struck by Vaclav's reaction to the destruction of the picture of his wife--page 143. That was the first tender moment  I saw in Vaclav.

I didn't see this as tender at all; it struck me as raw, unleashed ANGER.  It seems as though Vaclav couldn't fathom emotions to tenderness even though it was towards his sons.  He couldn't fathom that these children lost their mother and while she was his wife, more importantly she was a mother to these children-and to one who had to live with the guilt of his mothers death during his birth.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Re: Wake of Forgiveness: Love, Marriage and Family in Another Time and Landscape

I also found that the title of the book doesn't match the story. Once you get inside of the story you are wondering what and when did the forgiveness happen.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

gmfuhlman wrote: I also found that the title of the book doesn't match the story.

Yes, I agree with you 100% on that observation

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color