Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

Welcome and Introductions

Tell us a little bit about yourself here.

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

All signed up. Im a thirtysomething working mother of 2 teenagers. Reading is my passion and I look forward to joining these discussions.

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Signed up and keeping fingers crossed!  Am a empty-nester mother of 4.  Work as a paralegal and live in central New York.  I just love these FL book discussions.  Great way to read out of my typical genre. 

Barb

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Boy, I was in the right place at the right time. Hi, My name is Chris hailing from Charlotte, NC. This sounds like an interesting book that I think will go over better than the digital version.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm Amanda in Toronto (originally from Florida).  I'm excited about this first look book.  I've been a part of all first looks except for one and I've really loved them all.

I've been a bit quiet and I wasn't quite as involved in the ending of the last one since I was in the first trimester of my third pregnancy and not feeling 100%.  However, I'm into the second trimester and I'm feeling great and ready to discuss this newest first look!!!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Amanda

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm Mary Ann from South Carolina.   I just signed up for the new First Look.   I hope I am confirmed.  The book sounds great. 

Reading is my number one way to relax after I get home from work everyday or before I go to bed at night.   

Frequent Contributor
fordmg
0 Kudos

I just signed up.  I'm excited to be back on the First Look boards.  I could not participate in the E-book.  So I'm ready to talk about this one. By September the weather should cool off a little.

We have been having 'hot and humid' in the Chicago area for a while. 

MG

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone! My name is Donna and I have loved First Look from the beginning. We have read many wonderful books together and I look forward to sharing thoughts and impressions about this one as well. The book looks great. My husband and I live in Western MA with our dog, Oscar. Our children are all grown and out of the house, so we have plenty of time to enjoy books. This group is yet another way we can discuss them. <grin> I also love handicrafts of all types and am presently taking a writing course as well. I love being busy. Thank you Paul, and everyone at B&N for keeping this program going! We truly appreciate all of your hard work.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Congratulations, Amanda!

Amanda-Louise wrote:

Hi!

I'm Amanda in Toronto (originally from Florida).  I'm excited about this first look book.  I've been a part of all first looks except for one and I've really loved them all.

I've been a bit quiet and I wasn't quite as involved in the ending of the last one since I was in the first trimester of my third pregnancy and not feeling 100%.  However, I'm into the second trimester and I'm feeling great and ready to discuss this newest first look!!!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Amanda

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
suzebomb54
0 Kudos

Hi - I am Susan from South Dakota. I have been an avid reader my whole life and have worked in libraries for the past 17 years. I nurtured 4 children to be readers and am now working on the 3 grandkids.

I have read other First Look books and have loved the all. I can't wait to get started on this one.

"So many books, so little time"

Susan
Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

Babzilla, looks like we have more in common than our first names ---Barb!  We also liked the quote from Groucho Marx as our signatory line!

Yes, I'm all signed up, too, and looking forward to another FL book.  It's been awhile since my last one.  Hoping I make the cut!  If so, I'll be back in September and "see" you all then.

Barb

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

Hello fellow First Lookers,

This book looks like another amazing pick!

I am a mother of 3 teenagers, live in NW NJ, and work for the local comm. college.

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes and First Look has introduced me to books I normally might not have read.

Enjoy!

Distinguished Correspondent
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Hello!-

Just signed up; looking forward to it. 

I live in VA outside of DC.  I participated in one of the First Looks and also a Sneak Peak.  Really looking forward to this one.

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I'm excited about this selection and getting back in the discussions.  I've missed the last couple so I'm really looking forward to sharing and learning with everyone again. I live about an hour west of Nashville and have one son who just started high school today living at home with myself and my awesome husband.  We have 4 other children as well and a trusty old dog and faithful kitty cat. :smileyhappy:

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Hi all!   I am Lisa from NC.  I am a Special Ed. teacher, and will be back in school in 16 days.  Looking forward to this FL.  I have been involved in many FL's and this one looks like another great one!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Debbie from a small farming community in Missouri. I'm married 30 years, I have one grown daughter, work full time for a graphic design firm, volunteer on the board of my local library district and moderate the General Fiction Book Club here for B&N.com. I've also been in First Look since it's inception and love it. I have a lot of friends here at First Look and on the other Book clubs here at B&N and I love it when I see new people join in.  I love our community here. And I'm really looking forward to this next First Look.

Contributor
ESTONE
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Erin.  I am a Mom to 3 month and 19 month old girls.  I love to read for a little down time...that is if I can keep my eyes open at night.  This book sounds great and I hope I am in.

Cheers!

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm Sheila from Central NJ.  This will be my sixth FL book.  I've also participated in some of the Sneak Peaks as well as BNU when it was active.  I'm looking forward to discussions with my returning FL friends and all the new ones I've yet to meet.  I enjoy reading and especially participating in the FL clubs.  I belong to two other books clubs but they are nowhere as exciting as this one.  Thanks, Paul, for not doing another digital book.  I will now wait for the big, brown truck.

aka Literature

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

First Look gives me the opportunity to discuss one more book besides my other two book clubs.  Thoroughly enjoy the interaction.  ~  I live in beautiful WI with my husband of 47 years except during the summer when we add six grandchildren - three from NC and three from AK - for six weeks.  This year we added two friends of the grandchildren, too!  Soon time to relax.

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Inspired Correspondent
Bonnie824
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Bonnie

I'm also from NC and also in education (school psychologist) and have been in most of the first looks. Some I loved, some I liked, and some I didn't care for at all. It was always special to be involved in the first reading and discussing of a new book.