Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

Re: Note about confirmations

Hi! My name is Emily and I currently live in Baltimore. I am happy we are getting a book and not an ebook. Although I am loving the portability and convenience of my nook, if we are going to discuss a book, I want to be able to flip through the book quickly to find quotes. It just is not the same on the nook.

This looks like an interesting book and not something I would have necessarily picked up otherwise. That is the best part of this book club, getting exposed to different types of books.

I look forward to discussing this book with everyone.

Frequent Contributor
BethAnnH
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi I'm Beth from Pittsburgh, PA, I just got my confirmation!  This will be my 2nd time doing the First Look.  I am really looking forward to it.   

Contributor
CindyWhoLu
0 Kudos

I'm so excited!  I got my confirmation today.  Can't wait to start reading the book and discussing it!  Everyone posting seems so friendly.  I think I'm going to like this first look thing. 

Cindy

Inspired Correspondent
libralady
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have been here for most of the First Look selections since the beginning (almost).  I have been absent for a while, but it looks like I picked a good time to come back!  I am glad to see so many familiar names and glad to see so many new ones also!  I am looking forward to reading this book and joining in the discussions.  Can't wait to receive the book and get started.  Looks like we are going to have a great group!  :smileyhappy:

"Sow today what you want to reap tomorrow"
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I am a 31 year old stay at home mother of 2 young sons.  I love to read and some of my favorite authors are Lesley Kagen (also a friend of mine), Sandra Kring, Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin, James Patterson along with many others.  I am on my 53 book of the year.  I just love books and enjoy being part of discussions about books.  I look forward to getting to know some of you!

You are the author of your own life story.
Frequent Contributor
cmmn
0 Kudos

Hello from Minnesota.  I haven't read much in the historical fiction genre so I'm excited to read this one.  I've never been disappointed in a First Look selection.

Reader 2
tbritny
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm from Texas! This is my first time participating and I am super excited to be reading outside of my typical genre.

Inspired Contributor
debbaker
0 Kudos

Re: Note about confirmations

Thanks Rachel! Like Bookwoman718 I also signed up late Monday evening but have not received confirmation. I should be used to this by now but I am always nervous that I will miss it. I have been checking for the pm all day the last couple of days.

Deb
booknook516.blogspot.com

simplicity of character is the natural result of profound thought
william hazlitt
Distinguished Correspondent
JerseyAngel
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Stephanie, 35 years old, single, living in southern NJ. This will be my 4th First Look. It's been awhile though, I think my last one was The Postmistress. I've also participated in Deliverance Dane and Of Bees and Mist. Looking forward to being here again!!

Stephanie

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

mommybooknerd wrote:

I am a 31 year old stay at home mother of 2 young sons.  I love to read and some of my favorite authors are Lesley Kagen (also a friend of mine), Sandra Kring, Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin, James Patterson along with many others.  I am on my 53 book of the year.  I just love books and enjoy being part of discussions about books.  I look forward to getting to know some of you!

Welcome! glad to have you with us!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

tbritny wrote:

Hi, I'm from Texas! This is my first time participating and I am super excited to be reading outside of my typical genre.

Welcome!!  This is a great way to explore new genre's!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Judy from South Florida.  I have been part of First Look for a while now.  I am an avid reader and have really enjoyed the thought-provoking discussions.  I didn't sign up for the last book, the ebook, so I'm glad this one will be a hardcopy.  Hoping I get my confirmation soon!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, tbritny! I hope you enjoy the book and the experience.  :smileyhappy:

tbritny wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, mommybooknerd! I love your name. You will fit right in here.  :smileyhappy:

mommybooknerd wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Conduction wrote:

I'm so excited!  I got my confirmation today.  Can't wait to start reading the book and discussing it!  Everyone posting seems so friendly.  I think I'm going to like this first look thing. 

Cindy

I think you will like it too. I just got confirmed and even though I have been a part of the First Look before, it is always a thrill to get confirmed. I think it is wonderful that we have so many new people joining this one. I can't wait to start reading and chatting with everyone.

CAG
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

CindyWhoLu wrote:

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

The FL is very addictive but also a disappointment when it concludes.  But then we start over with a new book.  Just as long as the cycle keeps continuing.  You will see, we are a very friendly group.

chris227
0 Kudos

Hello all!  My name is Christina and I am a wife, mother, nurse, and graduate student from central NJ,  I look forward to another great book and wonderful discussion with you all!

salander_9277
0 Kudos

Re: Hi I'm Bonnie

I'm thrilled to be in on this First Look.  I only recently became a member of the forums and have been reading an ARC by Ken Scholes.  I love reading (and discussing!) and am trying to get in as much as I can before starting the last half of my Bachelor's degree in October.  I am a stay-at-home mom to two little boys (ages 1 and 3), Navy wife of 7 years and obviously a student.  

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
lg4154
0 Kudos

I just got my confirmation, yeay! I am a 911 Operator for the City of Houston and I love to read. I have participated in several of these first look discussions & have enjoyed every one of them! It is a wonderful online discussion & I would highly recommend it to everybody. This one looks like a really good one, thanks for letting me join in the discussion :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Hi I'm Bonnie

Hi, Salander. Welcome to First Look!  :smileywink:

salander_9277 wrote:

I'm thrilled to be in on this First Look.  I only recently became a member of the forums and have been reading an ARC by Ken Scholes.  I love reading (and discussing!) and am trying to get in as much as I can before starting the last half of my Bachelor's degree in October.  I am a stay-at-home mom to two little boys (ages 1 and 3), Navy wife of 7 years and obviously a student.