Contributor
Muzby
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi. :smileyhappy: This is my second time participating in First Look.  I enjoyed that experience and I am excited to be participating again. I live in TN where this summer has been HOT HOT HOT! I am looking forward to fall and football!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Shelli! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileyhappy:

FireRaven9 wrote:

My name is Shelli. I'm 32 and I live in the Midwest. This is my first experience as a First Look reader, so I'm really excited about it. It looks like a great book.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
KCHaughawout
0 Kudos

I love PBP too.

Karen

"Every burned book enlightens the world."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Frequent Contributor
KCHaughawout
0 Kudos

I've had my book for about 2 weeks but I am trying to be disciplined and NOT read it before the discussion starts because I find it hard to participagte in the discussion when I know the ending. However, my curiousity is piqued and I could have finished the book by now. I'm on page 83 and trying to stay disciplined!

Karen

"Every burned book enlightens the world."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Frequent Contributor
sarah_in_ca
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Sarah and I live in Southern California.  I'm currently a Library and Information Science grad student.  I love reading books, researching genealogy, photographing birds, and following politics. 

It's very nice to meet you all!  This will be my fourth time participating in the First Look program.  I'm looking forward to participating in the group discussion!

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

sarah_in_ca wrote:

Hi!  I'm Sarah and I live in Southern California.  I'm currently a Library and Information Science grad student.  I love reading books, researching genealogy, photographing birds, and following politics. 

It's very nice to meet you all!  This will be my fourth time participating in the First Look program.  I'm looking forward to participating in the group discussion!

Hi Sarah: It is nice to meet you too. I think we will all enjoy the discussions of this book.

CAG
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

gackie wrote:

Hi everyone I am Jackie. I am a mother of three daughters and I love to read. This is my first time participating in First Look but I am really looking forward to the discussions.

Hi Jackie. Welcome and I am glad you are a part of this First Look club. I think we will all enjoy the discussions.

CAG
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hi & Welcome Tina (Goodword)

hope you got confirmed and enjoy the group.  

How was your other FL book club responses in the discussions?

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Sarah_in_ca!

Looks like a veteran here with First Look Book clubs; that is good, I am new & green at this but looking forward to the discussion about the book.  I am almost done reading it and it is only 2Sept2010!  wow

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Muzby!

How was the discussion in the other FL club you participated in?  I am interested to see if there is good interaction & discussion about passages and if folks find differences within the same story line?

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hello Krickett2432

Diane I think you will have fun with this group of folks, seems so diverse therefore I think the interaction will be good

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome BethAnnH from Pittsburg Penna

That is my home town, of many years ago.  Miss the steel city in so many ways.  Love Virginia though.

I look forward to dialogue & discussion about "The Wake of Forgiveness" - already 3/4 of the way done & it is turning out better than I initially figured.

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

KCHaughawout wrote:

I've had my book for about 2 weeks but I am trying to be disciplined and NOT read it before the discussion starts because I find it hard to participagte in the discussion when I know the ending. However, my curiousity is piqued and I could have finished the book by now. I'm on page 83 and trying to stay disciplined!

I could not stop once I started, so I just took notes and wrote in my book, which I never do...but I just got hooked!

You are the author of your own life story.
Reader 4
doe965
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. My name is Dori and I am from California. This is my first experience with First Look. I am looking forward to some wonderful discussions on The Wake of Forgiveness as well as meeting all of you. :smileyhappy: 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Dori. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion.  :smileyhappy:

doe965 wrote:

Hi everyone. My name is Dori and I am from California. This is my first experience with First Look. I am looking forward to some wonderful discussions on The Wake of Forgiveness as well as meeting all of you. :smileyhappy: 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
tdunham220
0 Kudos

Hello! I have participated in a few of the first look books and enjoyed them all. I am an avid reader and always up for a new book recommendation. FL encourages me to try books that may not be in my normal genre. Looking forward to this book. Thanks for the opportunity!

Frequent Contributor
GrammiT
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone!  My name is Susan & I live in southern Illinois, not far from St. Louis.   I have participated in several FL and am looking forward to the discussions for this book.  Happy reading!

Contributor
jodell7
0 Kudos

My name is Jeanette.  I am 46 with a husband and 2 teenagers.  I work two jobs and love to read.  Reading is my escape to someone else's world for a while.

Contributor
michaelsjlrc
0 Kudos

Hi

My name is Jenny and I live in Hickory, NC. I'm married with 3 kids and work part time. I enjoy reading a variety of books. This is my 3rd 1st look book. I liked the first one, really didn't like the second one and have not decided on this one yet. I'll look forward to hearing what other people have to say about it.

New User
duber59
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Sue and I live in Western MA. I love to read and love my Nook. This book looks very interesting and I look forward to the discussion. My sister finally convinced me to say hello. Thanks, Donna!