Frequent Contributor
patfayo
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

My name is Pat and I love to read. I am a grandmother of 3. I live in Newburgh, NY and have just signed up for this new book.....just waiting for the confirmation and then the big brown truck.............

Distinguished Correspondent
PiperMurphy
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm Linda from Kansas. I've participated in several First Look selections, and am excited to get started with a new discussion. The Wake of Forgiveness looks like an excellent choice, and one that I would have chosen on my own. I read a lot of historicals especially about the American West. I'm looking forward to reading this one.

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
~Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus~
Inspired Correspondent
EbonyAngel
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  This is Ebony from North St. Louis County, MO.  I've participated in quite a few of the First Looks and enjoyed the discussions.  I didn't sign up for the last because I knew I wouldn't be able to discuss much, since I don't have a nook or whatever they have now, and did not have time to sit at my computer and read.  Maybe this'll be the year I break down and buy one.  (So far, I enjoy holding an actual book in my hand.)  Can't wait to see if I get in.  First Look is the best.

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Hello all! 

I'm Dawn & I live on Long Island. I'm an avid reader and love these FL selections & discussions. i'm all signed up & looking forward to this latest selection! Hope to be chosen to participate! :smileyhappy:

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Sign-up message sent! :smileyhappy:

I'm the reader-moderator for Literature by Women (and I work in clinical research...sell books, too, for a change of pace).  Stop on by - we're reading Joyce Carol Oates's The Falls this month and in a few minutes I'll be unveiling the new fall/winter reading schedule (the group participants voted on the selections so it's a surprise!). 

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
spicy_t
0 Kudos

Hi!  My name is Tammy.  I'm a married mom of 2.  I love to read and have participated in a few other "First Looks" and loved them!!  I love all types of books, but must admit this will be a first of this particular genre', so I really look forward to reading it if picked!  I'm trying to "branch out" of my usual area of reading...and it seems the older I get the more interested I get in "time pieces" and am especially interested in the 1800's.....so this would be my first read into that arena.  Thanks to Paul again for his dedication to keeping this going and giving us all this wonderful opportunity!

Tammy

Tammy
Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I just signed up for this First Look and checked out the book and am very excited to participate in the discussions.  This looks like a great choice for the First Look book club and can't wait to get it and start reading.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
tylerm
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Maribeth.  I have participated in the First Look Book Club before; but, have been otherwise occupied for a while.  I am anxious to get back involved.

Inspired Contributor
JuneC
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This is my 4th FL Book and I find the discussions are interesting and thought provoking.  I'm excited to get started.

Contributor
katiegirl
0 Kudos

Greetings!  I just put in a request to participate. Think it would be fun to be chosen. I am a single, childless female in her mid thirties living in the Midwest. I work in the medical field and obviously love to read! I've never been in a book club before and have always wanted to join one, so this really seems like an interesting opportunity! Although this does not define me, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May and celebrated my one month surgery anniversary yesterday. My prognosis is excellent and will start radiation mid to late August. I have cleared my calendar of all non work related items, but I know that I can participate in this!

katiegirl
Reader 4
JSkellington
0 Kudos

I am a 37 soon to be 38 year old male in North Carolina. I am a husband and father of three beautiful daughters. I am an avid reader and love reading just about anything. This is my first time ever participating in a book club so not sure what to expect during the live chat but looking forward to finding out. The book sounds very interesting.

Reader
MADUKES07
0 Kudos

Hello :smileyhappy:

I'm Helen from Baltimore, MD.  If selected, this will be my first First Look! 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the group, katiegirl, and congratulations on your anniversary! Our thoughts and prayers are with you  for a complete recovery!!  =)

katiegirl wrote:

Greetings!  I just put in a request to participate. Think it would be fun to be chosen. I am a single, childless female in her mid thirties living in the Midwest. I work in the medical field and obviously love to read! I've never been in a book club before and have always wanted to join one, so this really seems like an interesting opportunity! Although this does not define me, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May and celebrated my one month surgery anniversary yesterday. My prognosis is excellent and will start radiation mid to late August. I have cleared my calendar of all non work related items, but I know that I can participate in this!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, Helen! I hope you enjoy the experience.  =)

MADUKES07 wrote:

Hello :smileyhappy:

I'm Helen from Baltimore, MD.  If selected, this will be my first First Look! 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, JSkellington! We have a great time here.  =)

JSkellington wrote:

I am a 37 soon to be 38 year old male in North Carolina. I am a husband and father of three beautiful daughters. I am an avid reader and love reading just about anything. This is my first time ever participating in a book club so not sure what to expect during the live chat but looking forward to finding out. The book sounds very interesting.

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Wayne from Colorado. I really enjoyed the last three First Looks and am looking forward to this one. It seems that most of the FL's are from east of the Mississippi. Is there something to this? Anyway I enjoy hearing about each one of you and I hope we all enjoy this book. I like stories from the 1800's

Wayne

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Hi!

My name is Rose and I am excited at the prospect of taking part in a First Look book once again. I have already done a few of them and even purchased some earlier ones I had missed. The choices always seem to take me to books I may not have chosen for myself and enjoy so much. One of the things I especially enjoy is the discussion with the participants, authors and editors! I was really happy that this choice isn't digital as I don't have a nook.

I am a retired teacher. so I have extra time on my hands. I live on a small island off the coast of Newport RI with my husband, cat and two birds. I love gardening and spending time with my grandchildren.

Rose

Reader 4
Katirish59
0 Kudos

My first time joining any book club, am actually pretty excited about it!  If I am not reading on my nook am reading some type of book...

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome Atreyu59

[ Edited ]

I am Troy.  

I am part of a whole; Part 1 is the main "power reader" in the house & as Part 2 of 2 I read leisurely when possible.  By the way Part 1 is the Nook owner & I sneak peek at new titles often, what is not to love about that NOOK?  My first book read on it was completed in less than 48 hours; I love the convenience of the Nook. This is too my FIRST of the First Look Book Club, as a matter of fact first time ever with a book club online.

I work at suppressing the fires of life, literally.  I enjoy free time, which really doesn't exist.  I like stories that involve crafts, hobbies, and things I can relate to, animals, gardening, knitting, quilting mysteries, arts, travel, etc.

I just became grammy to twins!  I have 2 grown daughters & now 4 grandbabies.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Reader 4
blugrasgroupie
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

My name is Peggy and I live near Baltimore, MD.  This is the first time I'm joining in on First Look but as soon as I saw a horse on the cover of "The Wake of Forgiveness", I had to read it. I have  books all over my house so I really don't 'need' anymore but I always want more.