Contributor
DfiggZ
0 Kudos

My Intro

Hello,

I am Donna. I have 2 girls 1 and 2 years old, I work full time and currently attend grad school for Library Science. I live in a suburb just outside of NYC and I am an avid reader!

I am excited to join in this discussion!!!

Contributor
mariaev
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi everyone,

I'm an avid reader from NJ. I do most of my reading on my commute to and from NYC. I love First Look! It's a wonderful opportunity to discover new books and authors.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome Atreyu59

Welcome to the group, Troy! I love your intro, and I love my Nook too.  =)

Atreyu59 wrote:

I am Troy.  

I am part of a whole; Part 1 is the main "power reader" in the house & as Part 2 of 2 I read leisurely when possible.  By the way Part 1 is the Nook owner & I sneak peek at new titles often, what is not to love about that NOOK?  My first book read on it was completed in less than 48 hours; I love the convenience of the Nook. This is too my FIRST of the First Look Book Club, as a matter of fact first time ever with a book club online.

I work at suppressing the fires of life, literally.  I enjoy free time, which really doesn't exist.  I like stories that involve crafts, hobbies, and things I can relate to, animals, gardening, knitting, quilting mysteries, arts, travel, etc.

I just became grammy to twins!  I have 2 grown daughters & now 4 grandbabies.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Katirish59 ! I hope you enjoy the book and the group.  =)

Katirish59 wrote:

My first time joining any book club, am actually pretty excited about it!  If I am not reading on my nook am reading some type of book...

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Contributor
MissJ4
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm from Chicago - and I am excited to be a part of the first look book too.  I have always enjoyed reading whenever I get some free time.  We own a restaurant and the hours can be crazy although I always manage to find time to read!

Contributor
cskiles80
0 Kudos

Hi, just signed up, keeping my fingers crossed.  This is my first "First Look"  I am really excited.  My names is Colleen, i just turned 30 two weeks ago.  I live in O'Fallon, Missouri and I teach 7th grade Geography, I go back to work in 15 days!!!   This book looks interesting and I hope I get a confirmation message!

Colleen Skiles
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Colleen. Welcome to the First Look group!  =)

cskiles80 wrote:

Hi, just signed up, keeping my fingers crossed.  This is my first "First Look"  I am really excited.  My names is Colleen, i just turned 30 two weeks ago.  I live in O'Fallon, Missouri and I teach 7th grade Geography, I go back to work in 15 days!!!   This book looks interesting and I hope I get a confirmation message!

Contributor
cskiles80
0 Kudos

I grew in North County St. Louis!!

Colleen Skiles
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the group, MissJ4! What type of restaurant do you own?

MissJ4 wrote:

Hi!

I'm from Chicago - and I am excited to be a part of the first look book too.  I have always enjoyed reading whenever I get some free time.  We own a restaurant and the hours can be crazy although I always manage to find time to read!

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.  I am Anita and I am from Spring, Tx.  I am currently participating in the Antiphon ARC, which is the first time I have done an ARC. I am having a great time and really hope I get picked for this First Look and many more.  The Wake of Forgiveness sounds like a wonderful book.  I love reading.  My Nook and my bookshelves are full of books.  Hope to be participating with everyone in September.  I can't wait.  :smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy:
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Ebony,

You have read many books I see.  Interesting, I want to make more time to so the same, just have to slow down from some of my other hobbies to make it happen.

How did you like the First Look book club when you participated previously?  This is my first attempt & I think it will be good to interact & have dialogue about a book-hope it is interesting enough to engage me.  Thanks

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Reader 4
imurah
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Pat, and I really looki forward to being a part of this First Look book with all of you.

I am a graphic designer in California, and a single Mom to a daughter in college. I try to read as much as possible when time allows, it's one of my passions. I tend to be quiet in group discussions such as these, but love to listen to the interaction among others and especially when it relates to books. But I'll do my best to be actively involved :smileyhappy:

Can't wait to receive my copy, and I look forward to enjoying the days ahead with all of you!

Pat

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome, Pat! We are a friendly group, so feel free to jump in anywhere.  =)

imurah wrote:

Hi, I'm Pat, and I really looki forward to being a part of this First Look book with all of you.

I am a graphic designer in California, and a single Mom to a daughter in college. I try to read as much as possible when time allows, it's one of my passions. I tend to be quiet in group discussions such as these, but love to listen to the interaction among others and especially when it relates to books. But I'll do my best to be actively involved :smileyhappy:

Can't wait to receive my copy, and I look forward to enjoying the days ahead with all of you!

Pat

dhaupt
0 Kudos

cskiles80 wrote:

Hi Colleen, I'm from St. Charles County too, and we have Ebony Angel from N. St. Louis County. Hey neighbor!!

dhaupt
0 Kudos

cskiles80 wrote:

I grew in North County St. Louis!!

Me Too!!

Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  I'm from Tucson, Arizona.  I have gotten other First Look books and have been so amazed and gratified by how good they are!

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Hey there, I am Elyse. Twenty something girl from lovely MN. I have a strong passion for reading, and doing any sort of volunteering with animal shelters. Those are the main things I do, and it keeps me busy!

This will be my first First Look Book, and quite excited!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I have been confirmed!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Frequent Contributor
mgmama33
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Sara and I am a stay at home mom to  a preschooler.  I live in VA.  Love to read and I have done the First Look for a few of the past books.  Looking forward to this selection and talking about it!

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

My name is Cheryl and I live in Spokane, WA. I hope I get a confirmation. This book seems interesting and another great choice for the First Look club.

CAG