0 Kudos

Community Room

Please feel free to chat here.

What's everybody reading?

Contributor
Cyscokitty
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Hello everyone. I'm really excited about this selection - first because I have a nook and second because the book sounds great.

I'm currently reading a couple of books on gardening in Florida. I've lived here most of my life, but this is the first year I'm going to make an effort to keep everything alive.

I'm also reading "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (translated by Lucia Graves).

To see my current reading list and my library, feel free to visit me at http://www.shelfari.com/cyscokitty.

Sheri

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Chris from Charlotte, NC and I have a nook. This sounds exciting and hope I'm confirmed!

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul! It's good to see you again.  =)  Currently I am reading,

The Other Boleyn Girl  

and

Plan B

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

I forgot to include what Iam reading. I'm currently reading The Tale of Halcyon Crane and The Language of the Sand.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I'm Barb and sadly doh't have a Nook or other e-reader but am going to give this FL a try by downloading to laptop.  Will miss having a "book" in hand but always ready to try new things.  Am currently reading Matterhorn.

Matterhorn 

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

I am currently reading, "In Her Prime" by Glenn Puit.  It's a True Crime.

I am also reading "Little Women"

Lisa in Georgia

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Hi again everyone:

I signed up for The Writing Circle just a moment ago. Hope to be confirmed!

At least we won't have to wait for the brown truck with this one!

Cyscokitty: I loved the Shadow of the Wind - one of my favorites!

The Angels Game which is his second book is great too!

Currently I am reading:

Haunted Ground 

and I am enjoying it very much!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I'm currently reading 

Change of Heart 

for the General Fiction book club

Eadie - I'm glad you're enjoying Erin, she is one of my go-to authors, but she made me wait almost five years from her last novel. I hope she doesn't do that again.

Frequent Contributor
nikki824
0 Kudos

Hey everyone!

I am considering buying a nook but I am so use to the old fashion way of reading---BOOKS.

There is nothing better than having a book in your hand where you can write or highlight something that you enjoy or find interesting. But it seem as though e-readers are the new thing so I was wondering if someone can try and convince me to buy a nook considering that the next FLB selection is digital.

Thanks!

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

I love my nook...  I travel a lot, and now I can bring 20 books without having to check in all that extra weight.

I have great demands on my free time, so I like to read several books simultaneously. With just a push of a button, I can read as many books as I have time for. 

It's also convenient to read anytime, anywhere... I like "turning" the pages without having to let go of the subway strap.

I'm currently reading Alice Munro's "Runaway"... a collection of short stories...

They're the ideal length (about 40 pages each) for short and bumpy T-stop, Metro, Underground and BMT subway rides in the world.

IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I am Dawn from Tennessee. I am excited about this First Look since it is the inaugural digital version.  I am still contemplating a Nook purchase and a couple of weeks ago I downloaded the free e-reader from B & N.

I must confess I am enjoying the convenience of downloading the books and having so many choices available on my laptop at all times. It truly is great when travelling. I think I definitely see a Nook purchase in my near future.   :smileyvery-happy:    I just wonder if the Nook is easy to navigate. Any of you who have one please give your feedback.

This story looks as if it will be a fun one to get into.  Oh and yes, it will be great not to have the anxiety of watching for the UPS driver.   Can't wait to begin!

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I am currently reading  

The Help 

Paul,

Can you tell us when we may expect our downloads to be sent?   Thanks again, this one looks great.

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Thayer-The Help is a great book. I really enjoyed it!

I am currently reading

Girl in Translation

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
DiniB
0 Kudos

Just finished last night night:

The Help 

And started:

House Rules 

And in the queue afterwards:

Secrets of Eden 

Goodreads ID: dinib
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

I am currently reading. pen21

Promise Not to Tell

The Terror

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

I'm reading Runaway on my nook!

Come to Literature by Women...we have

See full size image

Alice Munro!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

I just finished "Poor Little Bitch Girl" by Jackie Collins. I'm in the middle of reading "Shoptimism" by Lee Greenberg and still somewhat at the beginning of "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer. While I wait for The Writing Circle, I'm going to be reading either "Rough Country" by John Sandford or "Ahab's Wife".

I've enjoyed the other two First Look selections that I've participated in, and have high hopes for this upcoming one.

Frequent Contributor
GadgetgirlKS
0 Kudos

I recently finished Reliable Wife and House Rules. I am currently reading Sarah's Key, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and When a Crocodile Eats the Sun. I am also listening to The Help on my iPod.

Sarah's Key  

The Girl Who Chased the Moon 

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun  

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Currently I am reading

Angelology  on my nook!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.