Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Downloading and E-Reading Issues

[ Edited ]

When I click on the book to download it, I get this prompt:

Sorry. We did not find any results with the search terms you provided. Please try your search again.

Very strange.  Obviously, I'm signed in or I wouldn't be able to send this message.  I've downloaded other books without difficulties. Anyone know about this glitch?

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Re: Problems Downloading Book

I haven't received my book yet either. Paul pm'd me and I checked email address, B&N account, credit card, etc. everything is up to date. I bought an eBook yesterday and it showed up in my library, on nook, on my laptop immediately. So... eagerly awaiting a solution.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Mike had a similar problem getting the book on our computer. He saw the message you mentioned once. But, finally we got to a message that said we needed to upgrade in order to read the book on the computer. If you click on "check for updates" you will find it. That solved our problem, so we can read on both the Nook and the computer. I hope it helps you.  :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

DSaff (Donna),

I found out my B&N will have two Nook at Nights in June for training and demonstrations on the nook. It is also for people undecided to come and give it a try and talk to people with a nook. I am really looking forward to attending. I am glad you mentioned it on the thread here.

Luanne

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

Reading on my iTouch

I've read a bit of the book on my laptop and on my iTouch.  I was fairly convinced I wouldn't like reading on my iTouch but I was so wrong! I LOVE it! I really, really like that I can adjust the font size.  I know I need my eyes checked because I made the font bigger and it was much more comfortable to read.  If reading on the Nook is half as convenient and enjoyable as reading on my iTouch - I may be investing in the near futire.  Oh yeah, the only thing that threw me momentarily was needing to submit my credit card number in order to unlock the book.  It wasn't a big deal but seemed odd since I have an active BN account that I usse fairly regularly.

I've read about ten pages of the book and I like it so far.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Downloading and E-Reading Issues

Hope we can use this space to share issues any of us may be having with the download or with electronic reading in general. I know Paul is aware of the people who have had problems and is working with them.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading and E-Reading Issues

Wondering how you were able to start a new thread, I don't have the option to start one because it's grayed out.  Are there special requirements to being able to start a new thread in this forum?

I'm having the same problem them saying there is no account that matches with my email address.  I too have checked everything and all is in place and I receive private messages and can send them without a problem.

I also talked to digital customer service and they also confirm that my account and email address are all in line so they don't know what the problem is all I know I want to receive my book in my library and get started on it.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi lilk,

In the First Look groups, only mods and admins can open threads. It's a bit more structured than the other forums. 

I know there have been a few "back end" problems that we're working on. Have you downloaded any other books? 

We still have plenty of time! Hang in there.

Rachel

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Actually I have just today I downloaded a book and it charged my credit card with no problems.

Thanks for answering and I hope they can get this fixed soon.  I'm excited to get started.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

Contributor
beckalou
0 Kudos

Re: Reading on my iTouch

Mommy-Read-Write wrote:

I've read a bit of the book on my laptop and on my iTouch.  I was fairly convinced I wouldn't like reading on my iTouch but I was so wrong! I LOVE it! I really, really like that I can adjust the font size.  I know I need my eyes checked because I made the font bigger and it was much more comfortable to read.  If reading on the Nook is half as convenient and enjoyable as reading on my iTouch - I may be investing in the near futire.  Oh yeah, the only thing that threw me momentarily was needing to submit my credit card number in order to unlock the book.  It wasn't a big deal but seemed odd since I have an active BN account that I usse fairly regularly.

I've read about ten pages of the book and I like it so far.

It is more fun reading on the Nook. And you get a little more on the page than on the i-pod touch. I love my Nook and my i-pod touch.

Correspondent
joyfull
0 Kudos

This is the message I left on the ereader technic board. I'm hoping you can help me. This is frustrating. 

Here's my message:

I do not own a separate ereader but I understood the B & N e-reader would work on my Mac laptop.

I've downloaded the ereader twice. Nothing. Double clicked numerous times. Nothing. I've downloaded the book. Nothing.

The B & N ereader shows up in my laptop's applications so I know it's on my laptop. I don't understand why it won't work. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

Please help me and, if you don't mind, give me the answer in plain English. This ereader has me baffled.

Help??

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Margot
My blog: JoyfullyRetired.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I'm glad they are have set the time aside for the group, Luanne. We have been told that if there is interest, the staff will work to make it happen. We are going again tonight because we enjoyed meeting new people last week.  :smileywink:

pen21 wrote:

DSaff (Donna),

I found out my B&N will have two Nook at Nights in June for training and demonstrations on the nook. It is also for people undecided to come and give it a try and talk to people with a nook. I am really looking forward to attending. I am glad you mentioned it on the thread here.

Luanne

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

blkeyesuzi wrote:

When I click on the book to download it, I get this prompt:

Sorry. We did not find any results with the search terms you provided. Please try your search again.

Very strange.  Obviously, I'm signed in or I wouldn't be able to send this message.  I've downloaded other books without difficulties. Anyone know about this glitch?

I received the same message but when I opened the Barnes and Noble desktop ereader on my computer the book was all ready on my ereader. I was getting ready to post that I couldn't get download the book but thought to check the ereader first and there it was!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Contributor
doggiemom2
0 Kudos

I just checked my local B & N and they aren't offering Nook Night. Darn! :smileyindifferent:

pen21 wrote:

DSaff (Donna),

Luanne

~♥~Amy~♥~
:smileytongue: "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." Roger Carras
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Did you check at the nook counter? That is where I found out about Nook at Night at my B&N.

It wasn't listed online or in the newsletter  (probably will be eventually). I would tell them you are interested and that other stores are having them. Donna said she was going to attend again. It would be nice to meet someone with a nook. I am so glad there are other nook users on this board to talk to.

pen21

doggiemom2 wrote:

I just checked my local B & N and they aren't offering Nook Night. Darn! :smileyindifferent:

pen21 wrote:

DSaff (Donna),

Luanne

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi lilk,

In the First Look groups, only mods and admins can open threads. It's a bit more structured than the other forums. 

I know there have been a few "back end" problems that we're working on. Have you downloaded any other books? 

Rachel

Was wondering if things were working now.  Haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon and still don't have the FL book in my library.  Please let me know when things are fixed.

Thanks.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

Inspired Contributor
Sapphire329
0 Kudos

joyfull wrote:

This is the message I left on the ereader technic board. I'm hoping you can help me. This is frustrating. 

Here's my message:

I do not own a separate ereader but I understood the B & N e-reader would work on my Mac laptop.

I've downloaded the ereader twice. Nothing. Double clicked numerous times. Nothing. I've downloaded the book. Nothing.

The B & N ereader shows up in my laptop's applications so I know it's on my laptop. I don't understand why it won't work. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

Please help me and, if you don't mind, give me the answer in plain English. This ereader has me baffled.

Help??

Joyfull, I have an iMac and downloaded the ereader app on it as well. I tried opening it and opening it and thought there was something wrong because NOTHING happened. But then I noticed a little instruction screen and at first I ignored it. With the MAC ereader, I'm not sure about Windows version, you have to go to File --> Open and then choose the book you want to read. You will then get a box asking for your B&N profile name and the last 4 digits of your credit card on file (this is for security purposes to unlock the book)

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

I still don't have mine either. But I went to B&N yesterday, received the access code for "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" and it downloaded immediately after I used the code.

lilk wrote:

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi lilk,

Rachel

Was wondering if things were working now.  Haven't heard anything since yesterday afternoon and still don't have the FL book in my library.  Please let me know when things are fixed.

Thanks.

Contributor
Alohamora
0 Kudos

Suzi,

I'm having the same thing happen to me.  Would love to know how to resolve this.

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

I haven't received mine yet either. I did get the PM from Paul H re my email address ~ that was the last I heard.

I'm sure things will get straightened out in plenty of time to read the first 88 pages.