Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading and E-Reading Issues

The Glitch appears to be fixed.

I was able to download the writing circle book from B&N just a few minutes ago.

Quick question: Are the page numbers on the nook the same as the books ?  Preface on page 7,  NANCY on page 12,  ect..

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Paul,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I never doubted you (well.....maybe just a little.)

Gisela

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

Hi Rosei,

Are you able to enter your credit card number (or the last 4 digits, if that's all it requires)?  If so, that should unlock the book for you.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Sunltcloud wrote:

Paul,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I never doubted you (well.....maybe just a little.)

Gisela

:smileywink:

Contributor
edelweissAM
0 Kudos

Thank you for fixing whatever you fixed. I can download my book. Thanks so much!!!

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

I do not see my copy of The Writing Circle anywhere...not in my "digital management" or on my ereader (PC).  Are they still be loaded at this time (5/21)?  I have no PM's either.

Thanks,  Sylvia

Sylvia

No expectations..No disappointments
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hooray for Paul! 

(And great thanks to Melissa for all her sage techie advising!)

Distinguished Correspondent
Thayer
0 Kudos

PAUL AND HIS STAFF DESERVE A RAISE!!! 

I, too, have received my download after a strange problem with my email addy not being recognized.

Paul, thanks for your patience and diligence. Please pass along my appreciation to your support/technical staff as well. And most especially to your wife who by this time, I expect, is VERY tired of hearing about First Look.   :smileywink:

Let the reading begin!  

~~Dawn
Live the life you love ~ Love the life you live.
Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

I have corrected my credit card information but I am still getting this message

Unlock credit card is invalid or expired. Update and try again.
Does anyone have a solution for this??
"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Contributor
Breezy000
0 Kudos

Re: Problems Downloading Book

I haven't received my copy as of yet either.  Any advisement would be appreciated.

Contributor
Breezy000

Re: Problems Downloading Book

Please forgive me.  I have figured it out...I will understand technology if it's the last thing I do.  :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:  Ditto about Paul's awesomeness and patience.  Hear, hear!

Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvia,

Did you refresh your eReader (the button looks like the refresh for Internet Explorer on the left-ish side of the eReader toolbar?  Depending on the number of items you have in your B&N Library and how they're arranged you might not see it on the first page once it syncs - most of us had the eARC in our libraries on 5/17 or 5/18 so if you have your eReader arranged to show items in date order it would be around those dates.. 

sylvia387 wrote:

I do not see my copy of The Writing Circle anywhere...not in my "digital management" or on my ereader (PC).  Are they still be loaded at this time (5/21)?  I have no PM's either.

Thanks,  Sylvia

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
Contributor
Alohamora
0 Kudos

I get the same message.

I can see the book in my library, both in My Account and from the e-reader, but I can't download it.

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Melissa_W:

I did indeed hit the refresh button, after downloading a newer version of the ereader.  Still, the only things listed in my library are the four freebies that came with the original download on 4/20. 

Needless to say, I'm disappointed:-(  Out for the day and will check back later this evening.

Wondering what Breezy did to remedy their situation...am I missing something?

Sylvia387

Sylvia

Frequent Contributor
sylvia387
0 Kudos

Checked in today...and THERE IT IS:smileyvery-happy:

Thanks!  Off to read.......

Sylvia387

Sylvia

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I have a (perhaps silly) question.  I'm using the BN E-Reader on my computer because I can't really afford a Nook right now (much as I want one!). 

Anyway, I've noticed two things since opening our book:

1) I really don't like the way each page has a 2-page spread on it.  The reading doesn't feel natural.  Is there a way to break up the spread so I can just read up and down and not jump to a new column?

2) If I want to get into my library of other books and out of what is currently being read, how can I do that?  When I open the E-Reader, it automatically goes to where I last left off and there's no toolbar or anything to take me back to my menu.

I'm pretty new to the E-Reader and am more used to a competitor's E-Reader atm...trying to learn the BN one!

Thanks for any insight :smileyhappy:

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Melissa_W
0 Kudos

Hi Bonnie,

To get back to the menu from the book you're currently reading there is a tab on the left-hand side of the book - if you click on it the navigation pane will pop up.  From there you can go to your B&N library.  Similarly, the "settings" portion of the navigation pane will all you to enlarge the text of your book and decrease the margins; this will help with the column problem.

Bonnie_W wrote:

I have a (perhaps silly) question.  I'm using the BN E-Reader on my computer because I can't really afford a Nook right now (much as I want one!). 

1) I really don't like the way each page has a 2-page spread on it.  The reading doesn't feel natural.  Is there a way to break up the spread so I can just read up and down and not jump to a new column?

2) If I want to get into my library of other books and out of what is currently being read, how can I do that?  When I open the E-Reader, it automatically goes to where I last left off and there's no toolbar or anything to take me back to my menu.

I'm pretty new to the E-Reader and am more used to a competitor's E-Reader atm...trying to learn the BN one!

Melissa W.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Melissa_W wrote:

Hi Bonnie,

To get back to the menu from the book you're currently reading there is a tab on the left-hand side of the book - if you click on it the navigation pane will pop up.  From there you can go to your B&N library.  Similarly, the "settings" portion of the navigation pane will all you to enlarge the text of your book and decrease the margins; this will help with the column problem.

Bonnie_W wrote:

Melissa, a lot of us would be lost if not for your help.

Let's give a big thanks to Melissa.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

Melissa_W wrote:

Hi Bonnie,

Bonnie_W wrote:

Melissa, a lot of us would be lost if not for your help.

Let's give a big thanks to Melissa.

Absolutely! Here's to Melissa!

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Ditto! Melissa!