Contributor
sgreen
0 Kudos

Re: How to Enroll

I'm fairly certain I sent my enrollment request before the enrollment closed, but when will I know if my enrollment was, in fact, received and approved before the enrollment closed? 

Thank you!

Sherry

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

sgreen wrote:

I'm fairly certain I sent my enrollment request before the enrollment closed, but when will I know if my enrollment was, in fact, received and approved before the enrollment closed? 

Thank you!

Sherry

We should have everyone confirmed by Wednesday. Stay tuned.

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Schedules, News, and Updates

Thank you for all the dates and updates.  You noted that the book will be placed in our digital locker.  When that happens will you please explain where to go to download it.

Thank you!  I have a Nook and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and I am so excited about this First Look eBook!  Wouldn't it be great if when reading this book on our Nook, we could comment on here directly from our Nook!  I am sure that will happen in the future!

Happy Reading,

Melody

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

0104 wrote:

Thank you for all the dates and updates.  You noted that the book will be placed in our digital locker.  When that happens will you please explain where to go to download it.

Thank you!  I have a Nook and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and I am so excited about this First Look eBook!  Wouldn't it be great if when reading this book on our Nook, we could comment on here directly from our Nook!  I am sure that will happen in the future!

Happy Reading,

Melody

Once the book is put in your B&N online ebook library, your nook will automatically download it.  If it doesn't, all you will have to do is go into your B&N library on your nook and tap "Check for new content." 

Hope that helps!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Well, I tried to post from my nook, was able to give you a blank reply (above) but I didn't know how to find the keyboard once I was on the reply screen (maybe that doesn't work yet) and couldn't post a message.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

PS. At least now I know that I can read posted messages from nook and don't have to carry my netbook around for that.

Contributor
beckalou
0 Kudos

Coral50 wrote:

Coral50 wrote:

>>>The one thing that I have noticed that I don't like is that it's much harder to refer back to pages and dialogue that I want to speak about later, you can't put a post it note on it.<<< 

Hi Debbie

BN ebook on the computer has highlighting and marking pages. It takes a few minutes to figure it out but it works.

Cora

Hi Debbie -- again

I was in the area where you download the free PC ereader and they had an option for MAC.

Good Luck

Cora

Hi Cora I don't remember if you are reading on the Nook or the computer, but if you are reading from the Nook you can highlight passages and make a note on your highlights.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud

Hi Paul,

I see that I can read posted messages on my nook, but I couldn't figure out how to post a reply. When I touched the reply screen I was only able to highlight it without getting a keyboard. I was able to post the blank screen  (the one I am replying to now). Am I missing something or am I attempting something that doesn't work?  I must be playing around with the future without evoking it!???

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

Lil_Irish_Lass wrote:

Such a shame that this is an e-book only. I enjoyed participating in many FL selections; however I am "old school" and fully believe that books should be read as they have been created for centuries and not on an electronic screen.

Does this mean that Barnes & Noble is done with mailing out ARC copies for future FL selections?

I whole-heartedly agree. 

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Hmmmm, I can change the Subject. on nook...

But I have to switch to "html" from "rich text" to get the keyboard to pop up. It's a bit cumbersome butit does work if you're patient while the site loads. This is a vry graphics heavy site with the ribbon on top. (Posted from nook as an experiment, switching to laptop for convenience)
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

How to use nook with the BNBC site

Ok, nook lovers :smileyvery-happy:  I have some tips for posting to the BNBC site on nook:

Once the "Reply" page loads with the text editor you'll need to change modes.  Above the text editor pane and toolbar there are three tabs on the left.  Tap "HTML" which is the beige tab next to the green tab "rich text" (the "HTML" tab will turn green when the text editor changes modes) to switch to HTML entry.  Then the virtual keyboard will pop-up when you tap in the text box to enter your reply text.  The "rich text" toolbar probably uses a java or flash plug-in that doesn't work with nook but the "HTML" mode is text-only.  You'll need to use the HTML language if you want any italics or bold or other style changes in your reply. Typing long messages can be tricky using the nook keyboard (which is why my previous message from nook was short :smileywink: )

You'll also need to be patient when nook loads each BNBC page - it's a pretty graphics/style heavy site so the pages load slowly on nook.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Re: How to use nook with the BNBC site

Thanks, Melissa, now I understand why I only was able to "post" a blank page from nook. I agree that posting is a bit cumbersome, but it is nice to know that it can be done.

Melissa_W wrote:

Ok, nook lovers :smileyvery-happy:  I have some tips for posting to the BNBC site on nook:

Once the "Reply" page loads with the text editor you'll need to change modes.  Above the text editor pane and toolbar there are three tabs on the left.  Tap "HTML" which is the beige tab next to the green tab "rich text" (the "HTML" tab will turn green when the text editor changes modes) to switch to HTML entry.  Then the virtual keyboard will pop-up when you tap in the text box to enter your reply text.  The "rich text" toolbar probably uses a java or flash plug-in that doesn't work with nook but the "HTML" mode is text-only.  You'll need to use the HTML language if you want any italics or bold or other style changes in your reply. Typing long messages can be tricky using the nook keyboard (which is why my previous message from nook was short :smileywink: )

You'll also need to be patient when nook loads each BNBC page - it's a pretty graphics/style heavy site so the pages load slowly on nook.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Melissa,

Thanks for the tips on posting from the nook.

I have only done a little with that feature, mostly surfing.

This last upgrade opened up so much more for us.

I have a lot of new things to try out.

My next thing is to try the read for an hour at the store.

Sudoku has been great, I was already addicted.

Glad to see you are joining us for this First Look.

pen21

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Bravo to Melissa, Sunltcloud, Pen21, and our other brave adventurers in this new world of the eBook club!

Rachel

Inspired Contributor
Beguile_Thy_Sorrow
0 Kudos

thanks Melissa:robothappy:

"Come, and take choice of all my library,
And so beguile thy sorrow."
~Titus Andronicus, Act IV, Scene 1: Shakespeare
Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Re: How to Enroll (ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED)

where do we find the "digital locker"??

when are we getting the book?

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi dclement04,

Paul will let us know. You won't miss it!

Rachel

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi dclement04,

Rachel

Thank you but what does he mean the "digital locker" will he tell us where that is too?

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

You'll find your "digital locker" on your Barnes & Noble account; it is the digital library where you can manage eBooks once they have been bought, or, as In this case, placed there by Paul. I wouldn't be too concerned with this as your copy of The Writing Circle can be downloaded right from your Barnes & Noble eReader software on whatever electronic device you have it installed. The copy should show up automatically on nook, and if it doesn't, "Checking for new B&N content" will download it.

dclement04 wrote:

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi dclement04,

Rachel

Thank you but what does he mean the "digital locker" will he tell us where that is too?