Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Re: How to Enroll (ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED)

I keep checking the Nook to see if the book pops up, but to no avail. Certainly, we should get the download sometime this week as the schedule starts on May 25th.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

The schedule thread showed start of May 31st. I copied it below.

pen21

May 31st to June 25th: General Discussion

June 7th to June 25th: Corinne Demas joins the group

June 7th to June 11th: Sarah Landis, Corinne’s editor, joins the group

June 7th to June 11th: Ellen Archer, Corinne’s publisher, joins the group

maxcat wrote:

I keep checking the Nook to see if the book pops up, but to no avail. Certainly, we should get the download sometime this week as the schedule starts on May 25th.

Frequent Contributor
GuzziAlfa
0 Kudos

Mine showed up on my nook today.  I was at BN redeeming my e-book certificate when I saw it for the first time.  I did not receive an e-mail on my BN page that it was available and I didn't see anything here about them either.  Is this where we are going to have the discussions?

Good thing I just finished my second Kim Harrison book so I can jump in to 'The Writing-Circle.'

John S.

Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

Re: How to Enroll

Lil_Irish_Lass wrote:

I'm glad you like your Nook and I know a few friends who love their Kindle. I also can't blame B&N for going this route since sales must be slow with the Nook for how much it's being pushed (at least at my local Barnes & Noble store the stand is practically in the doorway so you can't get away from it and staff behind the table harass everyone walking by about how they need to buy one).

Like someone else said earlier, it just would have been nice to have offered this selection in both formats instead of excluding people who don't have (and perhaps don't want) and e-reader. Sure I could have signed up and printed it out - but that's a LOT of ink and paper to use and would result in something that would be difficult to transport and read through.

Another thing that I don't like about this is requiring a credit card (I know it's not charged).

But again, maybe that's just me.

I hope everyone who did sign up enjoys TWC. :smileyhappy:

If the credit card isn't charged, why is one required?