Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Questions for Publisher, Ellen Archer

Corinne's publisher, Ellen Archer, will be visiting us this week only! Please welcome her to First Look. Let's take advantage of our opportunity to ask her questions!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Publisher, Ellen Archer

Welcome to the First Look group, Ellen! Thank you for joining us and for giving of your time. My question is why this book was chosen as an e-book for this group? I always find it interesting to know what type of decisions go into launching a book.  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Thank you for coming again to answer our questions. I wondered what drew you to this book. It's not a typical novel, and I notice that many people are having trouble with the format and with the fact that there are so many characters. 

New User
Ellen-Archer
0 Kudos

That's a great question!

We thought this book would be a wonderful candidate for First Look because it gives readers a view into the creative writing process.  The tensions, jealousies, affairs, betrayals and friendships in this group make a gripping read.  I'm so pleased that many of you are enjoying it so much. 

These days, an advance read of a soon-to-be- published book can help build buzz and awareness for a new work of fiction.  It's tough out there for new writers!  Sometimes it feels that everyone wants to read the same authors over and over again (James Patterson, Nora Roberts etc....) so it's even tougher than ever to get attention and sales for first novels. 

Here's hoping that all of you who are reading this book in advance will talk it up to your friends.  That's always been the best way to sell books, word-of-mouth!

New User
Ellen-Archer
0 Kudos

What I've always loved about fiction is that everyone's read is very personal...often there are elements in novels that some people love and others dislike.  One of the "rules" of successful fiction is that you need a main character you can root for with a strong voice.  I often am attracted to characters who are flawed because they seem more real to me.  That's what attracts me to this novel, that all of these characters are struggling with different issues, and to me, that's very compelling because I don't know anyone who isn't trying to get a deeper understanding of themselves, their friends, their spouses, or their children.   I gobbled up this novel.   As I kept reading it all the characters came to life for me. I thought it was very cinematic. I can't tell you how many of my colleagues loved it.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Ellen and Welcome to First Look.

I really have no questions for you, but I did want to thank you for coming to First Look.  I can say that it has been quite an experience, reading books from new authors and I believe that Corinne is a wonderful writer.  She knows how to paint a picture with her words.

I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Again, Welcome and Have a Great Time here.

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
midgefrazel
0 Kudos

I am an avid ebook reader having done so since the Rocket ebook and Palm handhelds several years ago. I am the atuhtor of several titles on educational technology so you can see that I enjoy being a geek.

With the high cost of publishing in print these days, it is going to be the "norm" to sell a new work as an ebook? I am hoping to see more and more titles (new and older) being offered in ebook format. Naturally, everyone is hoping the price will be lower than any book in print.

Glad to have you here and to have your feedback.

Midge Frazel

Inspired Correspondent
Adeline79
0 Kudos

Hi Ellen,

I am wondering how long the entire publishing process takes for a book like this.

Thanks.

http://thereadingjourney.blogspot.com