June 7th to June 25th: Corinne Demas joins the group

June 7th to June 11th: Sarah Landis, Corinne’s editor, joins the group

June 7th to June 11th: Ellen Archer, Corinne’s publisher, joins the group

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Schedules, News, and Updates

Hi All,

Some confirmations went out today but many more with follow thorughout the week and probably into next week too.

Your patience is appreciated!

P.

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Enrollment is now closed.

Most of the confirmations have gone out, but some have not. If you haven't received your confirmation, but you sent your information in before 4:00 PM EST on May 7th, you'll be included in the club.

For those participating, your book will be placed in your digital locker in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

The majority of you should see the book in your Digital Lockers by tomorrow. Some of you provided an email address that didn't correspond to an existing B&N account. We'll be reaching out to you via PM in the next couple of days.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This may be like all of us standing at the window, waiting for the brown truck at once!

I'll post our reading schedule this evening. The B&N e-reader does have a scroll bar along the bottom of the screen that shows page numbers (the current page on the left, the total number of the book's pages on the right), so I'll use page numbers and chapter breaks for our weekly reading schedule. 

If you haven't downloaded or browsed around with the B&N e-reader, you might try it while we are waiting for the book to magically appear in our online libraries! 

Rachel

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

May 31st: General Discussion begins.
Please read through the end of Chris' chapter, to page 88.
June 7th: Corrine Demas and joins the group and continues with us through the end of our discussion!
Sarah Landis, Corrine's editor, and Ellen Archer, Corinne’s publisher, will join the discussion for this week only!
Please read through the end of Nancy's chapter, to page 166.
June 14: 
Please read through the end of the novel.
June 21st:
Last week. Please post your reviews. 

Hi, all.

Please let me know how the reading schedule works for you this month. I have a fear that those of us reading on a PC will feel rushed, while those of us using an e-reader will feel held back. I think our novel is one of those we won't want to put down once we start--so that may even us out. 

(Um...What is the appropriate phrase for "can't put it down" with an e-book?)

May 31st:

General Discussion begins.

Please read through the end of Chris' chapter, to page 88.

June 7th:

Corrine Demas and joins the group and continues with us through the end of our discussion!

Sarah Landis, Corrine's editor, and Ellen Archer, Corinne’s publisher, will join the discussion for this week only!

Please read through the end of Nancy's chapter, to page 166.

June 14: 

Please read through the end of the novel.

June 21st:

Last week. Please post your reviews!

Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Paul_Hochman wrote:

The majority of you should see the book in your Digital Lockers by tomorrow. Some of you provided an email address that didn't correspond to an existing B&N account. We'll be reaching out to you via PM in the next couple of days.

The folks who responded to my recent PM should have the book in their lockers now. Thanks for your patience.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Just a note for the group, since this question comes up every session:

We don't need to worry about typos. They will be caught and corrected. I know many reading addicts simply can't help this sort of seek and find, but just remember that our job is to read and enjoy. 

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Problem with typeface

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Corinne just brought up a problem with the typeface in some of the electronic versions of the books. I'll post this note in the "e-reading" thread, too, so that people can reply with questions or comments.

In each of the chapters where the Leopardis have a meeting, the novel includes samples of the writing that the group members are reading for each other to critique. Those samples should be obvious by being indented and set in a smaller type. In many of the readers, this text shows up looking just like the surrounding text--not set off at all.

This would certainly be confusing, because the writing samples won't make sense if they are read as part of the narrative of this story!  

I don't know how our page numbers sync up, but I'll try to post those tomorrow evening.

Rachel