Contributor
LKD_726
0 Kudos

Re: The Writing Circle: Final Chapters and Whole Novel

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading "The Writing Circle".  The Leopardi Circle did have quite a diverse group of writers.  I loved the growth of Nancy's character and I was hoping that Bernard would have an  "ah-ha" moment.  At first I did not care for Chris at all but towards the end of the book he started to grow me.  I think that the major theme in the book was fidelity but also there was the theme of the power of choice.  This book and especially Gillian stayed with me for days after.  I just couldn't shake the feeling of disgust for Gillian and for the choices she made. 

Author
Corinne-Demas
0 Kudos

I'm delighted you enjoyed the book, and that Gillian really stayed with you.

I like your suggestion about the theme of the power of choice-- it's really key to what I was hoping to accomplish here.  What happens to Paul at the end of the novel isn't just the result of a series of accidents, but comes about because of all of the choices these characters have made (not just during the course of their time on stage in the novel, but over the course of their lives.)  

Would Bernard be Bernard if he had an "ah-ha" moment?

--Corinne

LKD_726 wrote:

I have to say that I really enjoyed reading "The Writing Circle".  The Leopardi Circle did have quite a diverse group of writers.  I loved the growth of Nancy's character and I was hoping that Bernard would have an  "ah-ha" moment.  At first I did not care for Chris at all but towards the end of the book he started to grow me.  I think that the major theme in the book was fidelity but also there was the theme of the power of choice.  This book and especially Gillian stayed with me for days after.  I just couldn't shake the feeling of disgust for Gillian and for the choices she made. 

rnard if he had that aha! moment?

Author
Corinne-Demas
0 Kudos

Hi Susan--

I'm going to send your posting on to my editor, Sarah, so she'll be sure to see it.

With the encouragement of all my dear First Look Book Club pals, I've been thinking more and more about a sequel.  I loved working with my characters in The Writing Circle (yes, even Gillian, whom one of you described as "the character we all love to hate.") and I missed them terribly when I was done writing the novel-- as if I had just parted with a group of  dear friends who had been living in my house. 

I imagine the possibility of publishing a sequel will depend on the success of The Writing Circle. 

Your life has so many connections to mine and to The Writing Circle. (You'll notice some in Eleven Stories High.)  I'm sure you must have been amused that Nancy chose a dressing room in Bloomingdales to read Gillian's novel.

Dorset Vermont is a gorgeous area.  What bookstore are you suggesting?  Maybe I could pay a visit in the fall.

--Corinne

Vermontcozy wrote:

Hi Corinne..I am and I am sure many others would like/love some sort of sequel..I did feel that you have so much more inside of you to tell us..I will read 'Eleven Stories High" Growing up in Stuyvesant Town,1948-1968.My parents had friends that lived there.We lived At The now Part of NYU Law School Housing..The Building with all The colorful Balconies  Then we moved to Brooklyn..My parents bought a House and I missed The City so much..I went to The School of Visual Arts and Then I moved to Calif for school as well A year at The New School and Then lived last address on The Upper West Side  WestEnd Ave and 72nd Street..City Girls...Met my husband a Fordham boy and married and had a Baby 5 years later in Ga..So I traveled a bit..Worked at Bloomigdales during school..Just thought I would post this and I really didn't want TWC to end...I was unsure,then it all clicked Good Luck,Much Success and will Look for you in VT..I keep posting that so maybe your  Publicity Dept will see it...I am in Dorset Vt...we are a bit remote but Busy..at Our Bookstore Close By...Best Susan Vtc.

Contributor
Muzby
0 Kudos

I had several issues with this book:

• We never find out why Gillian had such an extreme reaction to the dead mouse
  • The characters “back stories” never really gel.  Someone said in a post that maybe the woman in the beginning was Virginia and it was Bernard running to her and that Nancy would be connected to them by the fact that it was V and B’s baby who died when her father decided to stop being a doctor.  It would have been nice if something like that had happened, where the characters were tied together by more than just this writing group.  We kept getting tastes of a story in every single character, but never any true meaning.
  • We never find out what the deal is with Chris and his ex-wife and kids.   I could have felt more for him if I had known what was going on.  All I knew was that he and his ex-wife had a very bad divorce.
  • At the end Gillian says Paul was as close as she had come to ever loving someone.  I never got that feeling and it would have been much more interesting if I had felt that at some point earlier in the story.  Again, it was hard to see Gillian as sympathetic when I never found out what made her the way she was.
  • The Rachel chapters were odd.  She seemed to be the only one truly connected to some of the other characters (her parents, Paul), but she wasn’t even a member of the writer’s circle.  The members of the writers circle didn’t really know much about Paul and he ended up being such a big part of the story.
  • What was the deal with Adam?
  • I thought it interesting we stopped with Chris’ chapter for the first cut off.  I went ahead and kept reading and it was interesting to see that everyone else wanted to keep reading because he was on his way to jail and they were very interested to see where that went.  I already knew it didn’t go anywhere.  That was pretty much the last you heard about that particular problem.
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Corinne-Demas wrote:

Hi Susan--

I'm going to send your posting on to my editor, Sarah, so she'll be sure to see it.

With the encouragement of all my dear First Look Book Club pals, I've been thinking more and more about a sequel.  I loved working with my characters in The Writing Circle (yes, even Gillian, whom one of you described as "the character we all love to hate.") and I missed them terribly when I was done writing the novel-- as if I had just parted with a group of  dear friends who had been living in my house. 

I imagine the possibility of publishing a sequel will depend on the success of The Writing Circle. 

Your life has so many connections to mine and to The Writing Circle. (You'll notice some in Eleven Stories High.)  I'm sure you must have been amused that Nancy chose a dressing room in Bloomingdales to read Gillian's novel.

Dorset Vermont is a gorgeous area.  What bookstore are you suggesting?  Maybe I could pay a visit in the fall.

--Corinne

Vermontcozy wrote:

Hi Corinne..I am and I am sure many others would like/love some sort of sequel..I did feel that you have so much more inside of you to tell us..I will read 'Eleven Stories High" Growing up in Stuyvesant Town,1948-1968.My parents had friends that lived there.We lived At The now Part of NYU Law School Housing..The Building with all The colorful Balconies  Then we moved to Brooklyn..My parents bought a House and I missed The City so much..I went to The School of Visual Arts and Then I moved to Calif for school as well A year at The New School and Then lived last address on The Upper West Side  WestEnd Ave and 72nd Street..City Girls...Met my husband a Fordham boy and married and had a Baby 5 years later in Ga..So I traveled a bit..Worked at Bloomigdales during school..Just thought I would post this and I really didn't want TWC to end...I was unsure,then it all clicked Good Luck,Much Success and will Look for you in VT..I keep posting that so maybe your  Publicity Dept will see it...I am in Dorset Vt...we are a bit remote but Busy..at Our Bookstore Close By...Best Susan Vtc.

Good Morning Corinne  The Bloomingdale's reference was fun for me.And a Visual just popped up,of course.,many visuals in  TWC.. for me..literature also has Those NYC  life connections..The Bookstore is The Only One in Manchester Center,Vt 05255..Its out of respect for BN That I will not post the name..But you can find it that way.I can also leave The Name on your website..Its a Very Active  BookStore..and Hosts Many Author visits...The Spiral Press Cafe..Is Part of The Bookstore..and is quite The Place to meet...and the food is amazing...Sometimes the Author visits cannot be held at The Bookstore..Because of the crowds they attract and hold them either at The Maple Street School,and The Equinox Resort  Manchester Village,,  I saw Stephen King at one of those..It was Great....So Glad you are still around..Yes.A sequel  And you get to chose who you write about.!!!.Best Susan Vtc... 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Author
Corinne-Demas
0 Kudos

Goodmorning, Susan, and thank you.

I'll look forward to hearing from you in the future--

I posted my "fareweel message"  (wow, does that sound pompous as Bernard!)last night.

--Corinne

Vermontcozy wrote:

Corinne-Demas wrote:

Hi Susan--

--Corinne

Vermontcozy wrote:

Good Morning Corinne  The Bloomingdale's reference was fun for me.And a Visual just popped up,of course.,many visuals in  TWC.. for me..literature also has Those NYC  life connections..The Bookstore is The Only One in Manchester Center,Vt 05255..Its out of respect for BN That I will not post the name..But you can find it that way.I can also leave The Name on your website..Its a Very Active  BookStore..and Hosts Many Author visits...The Spiral Press Cafe..Is Part of The Bookstore..and is quite The Place to meet...and the food is amazing...Sometimes the Author visits cannot be held at The Bookstore..Because of the crowds they attract and hold them either at The Maple Street School,and The Equinox Resort  Manchester Village,,  I saw Stephen King at one of those..It was Great....So Glad you are still around..Yes.A sequel  And you get to chose who you write about.!!!.Best Susan Vtc... 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's the Northshire Bookstore, Susan?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

[ Edited ]

Paul_Hochman wrote:

That's the Northshire Bookstore, Susan?

Well ,Good Morning Mr.Hochman..I thought I would be banned for life and I would be declared a Traitor..So I just skirted around leaving clues for Corinne..I have A Dream.That BN would buy The Northshire Bookstore ..Keep The Whole Staff including The Owner.'All are so Dedicated and Loved by  all.,..And of course The Spiral Press Cafe....Kind of Like BN Goes Indie...But no one would know,,..Mr Hochman you are everywhere ,..I  feel very secure that you are Checking up on us and our Behavior...Especially on 'Mimosa Island"..Best Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31

How is fidelity a major subject of the novel, in terms of all the kinds of relationships presented--in love relationships, in friendships, and among peers? What are some of the ways characters are faithful, and in what ways do characters betray each other?

I believe that fidelity becomes a major subject when the characters are all involved with each other, from the very beginning of the novel we start to see fidelity as a major topic, from the way the Leopardi circle works to when Gillian sleeps with Adam I believe we always have fidelity as a major topic however we don't notice it is major until other events start to happen and we realize that the story all along has been touching the topic in different ways. In love we see different types of fidelity , we see a physical infidelity/fidelity in the case of Gillian , but in the case of Bernard and Aimee we see from Amy's side a "psychological" infidelity in which according to what Virginia thinks Aimee is just there because she needs someone to take care of Horace.  We have a fidelity to each writers values, every writer stands for  what they believe, characters are faithful through the whole story to the way they are and they never change the way they think just because. Gillian betrays Nancy, and Adam betrays Gillian, Adam betrays Kim ,I believe that the way that they are all connected in the beginning show at the ending that this connection is strong and it will affect them whether positively or negatively this strong connection will keep them together, in the last chapter we see that even though Kim did not have a strong connection with Paul or Gillian the whole connection with other character's finally take Paul's live.

How does jealousy play a role in the novel, and for whom? Is there any jealousy that might be considered healthy?

I believe that the only jealousy that is considered healthy is the one that Adam has for Gillian since in a way of jealousy/revenge he decides to destroy Gillians career.

How do you re-evaluate the characters other than Gillian in these final chapters? Have new aspects of each (or any) of them been revealed to us?

Yes, every character changed completely for me in the last chapters, in the case of Nancy I was able to see that Nancy is a strong woman and that even though she might have some debates about what is good and what is bad she is a woman that stands for justice and for what she believes in, standing for what she believes in gives her the strength to fight Gillian with the plagiarism issue. Bernard seems to finally turn to what Virginia was always describing , at the beginning of the novel it just seemed that Virginia hated him but now we get the chance to see that Virginia was not so wrong in what she said about Bernard. We see a new mature Adam that stands for what he believes and does not allow himself to get stepped on that easily, even though at the beginning he might have seemed weak we see a new strong Adam, the same story happens with Chris we see a Chris stepping out of his normal life and normal parameters into standing for what he believes in and fighting for it .

How do you see the ideas of justice and injustice here--are the issues always clear, or are we left with any ambiguity about events that outrage us in the novel?

I believe that Corinne achieves that the reader sees that justice will always be subjective, when we are dealing with humans and social relationships there will always be two sides of the story , for some whats just will not be just to others and I believe that the whole story achieves to transmit this. It shows us that even in our own human essence justice will always be debatable , who are we to say that Gillian did wrong with Nancy, or that it was Gillian's fault what happened with Paul or that she deserved it? I believe that Corinne achieves this debatable subject that will leave the reader thinking about how life is and how life brings us to paths we never knew we would get to and how we must always see the two sides of the story before judging...

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Author
Corinne-Demas
0 Kudos

Yes!  You got exactly what I was writing about-- how justice is entirely subjective.

--Corinne

CharlieG31 wrote:

How is fidelity a major subject of the novel, in terms of all the kinds of relationships presented--in love relationships, in friendships, and among peers? What are some of the ways characters are faithful, and in what ways do characters betray each other?

I believe that fidelity becomes a major subject when the characters are all involved with each other, from the very beginning of the novel we start to see fidelity as a major topic, from the way the Leopardi circle works to when Gillian sleeps with Adam I believe we always have fidelity as a major topic however we don't notice it is major until other events start to happen and we realize that the story all along has been touching the topic in different ways. In love we see different types of fidelity , we see a physical infidelity/fidelity in the case of Gillian , but in the case of Bernard and Aimee we see from Amy's side a "psychological" infidelity in which according to what Virginia thinks Aimee is just there because she needs someone to take care of Horace.  We have a fidelity to each writers values, every writer stands for  what they believe, characters are faithful through the whole story to the way they are and they never change the way they think just because. Gillian betrays Nancy, and Adam betrays Gillian, Adam betrays Kim ,I believe that the way that they are all connected in the beginning show at the ending that this connection is strong and it will affect them whether positively or negatively this strong connection will keep them together, in the last chapter we see that even though Kim did not have a strong connection with Paul or Gillian the whole connection with other character's finally take Paul's live.

How does jealousy play a role in the novel, and for whom? Is there any jealousy that might be considered healthy?

I believe that the only jealousy that is considered healthy is the one that Adam has for Gillian since in a way of jealousy/revenge he decides to destroy Gillians career.

How do you re-evaluate the characters other than Gillian in these final chapters? Have new aspects of each (or any) of them been revealed to us?

Yes, every character changed completely for me in the last chapters, in the case of Nancy I was able to see that Nancy is a strong woman and that even though she might have some debates about what is good and what is bad she is a woman that stands for justice and for what she believes in, standing for what she believes in gives her the strength to fight Gillian with the plagiarism issue. Bernard seems to finally turn to what Virginia was always describing , at the beginning of the novel it just seemed that Virginia hated him but now we get the chance to see that Virginia was not so wrong in what she said about Bernard. We see a new mature Adam that stands for what he believes and does not allow himself to get stepped on that easily, even though at the beginning he might have seemed weak we see a new strong Adam, the same story happens with Chris we see a Chris stepping out of his normal life and normal parameters into standing for what he believes in and fighting for it .

How do you see the ideas of justice and injustice here--are the issues always clear, or are we left with any ambiguity about events that outrage us in the novel?

I believe that Corinne achieves that the reader sees that justice will always be subjective, when we are dealing with humans and social relationships there will always be two sides of the story , for some whats just will not be just to others and I believe that the whole story achieves to transmit this. It shows us that even in our own human essence justice will always be debatable , who are we to say that Gillian did wrong with Nancy, or that it was Gillian's fault what happened with Paul or that she deserved it? I believe that Corinne achieves this debatable subject that will leave the reader thinking about how life is and how life brings us to paths we never knew we would get to and how we must always see the two sides of the story before judging...

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

How is fidelity a major subject of the novel, in terms of all the kinds of relationships presented--in love relationships, in friendships, and among peers? What are some of the ways characters are faithful, and in what ways do characters betray each other? Fidelity is most definitely a major subject in this novel. At least half of the characters has been unfaithful to their significant others, children and friends/writing circle associates. The characters who have romantic involvements (whether currently married or divorced) are mostly faithful, almost none are faithful to their children in the way they should be, the long-term friendships are based on loyalty, but the peer relationships waver between the two - especially after the turmoil begins. Virginia and Bernard are faithful to each other, even though they're divorced. He may not have been faithful during their marriage, but theirs is the kind of relationship that blossoms from being apart. Nancy is faithful to Oates, even though she suffers from the betrayal of her ex-husband. She's also one of the few characters - save Virginia - who's faithful to her offspring. Gillian uses both her husband and stepson, as well as her fellow writers. There is no loyalty toward anyone other than Gillian. Adam is unfaithful to Kim but has a weird loyalty to Gillian, but once he realizes that Gillian used him he betrays her in Nancy's revenge. Chris is one of the others who's faithful to his children and somewhat faithful to his fellow writers until the Incident - then he, too, exacts revenge on Gillian because he feels some loyalty toward Nancy.

How does jealousy play a role in the novel, and for whom? Is there any jealousy that might be considered healthy? Jealousy plays a role for nearly every character in this novel. The most jealous person is Gillian - she doesn't like to be "one-upped" by anyone, either professionally or personally. This jealousy is most definitely unhealthy. It warps her sense of perspective, which becomes quite evident at the end of the novel. There is some jealousy from Adam, but that is mostly because he's young and very self-conscious and doesn't have any confidence. I think he's a little jealous of everyone else's success mostly because he can't muster the confidence to become successful himself. Everyone who has children (except for Nancy) has children who are jealous of either how their parents treated a sibling or how they're treated compared to a new spouse. Poor Paul is used by both of his parents as well as Gillian, and Rachel feels slighted because her father now pays attention to his new son more than he did toward her and her brother when they were younger. This jealousy is normal and not exactly unhealthy because none of the characters is really harmed by it.

How do you re-evaluate the characters other than Gillian in these final chapters? Have new aspects of each (or any) of them been revealed to us? My opinion of a few characters had changed in these last chapters - I was quite disappointed in Nancy because she didn't want to fight harder for the injustice that she suffered. I was more impressed by Chris, who wanted to fight on Nancy's behalf. Though I'm still not quite sure why, other than his proclamation that he thought it was BS that Gillian was going to get away with plagiarism. I was a little proud of Adam for seeing Gillian for what he was, but not that impressed that he wanted to exact revenge on her even though it was well deserved. His time to get a backbone was earlier in the novel, and this just came a little too late for me. I became less impressed with Bernard due to the fact that he didn't want to help his fellow writers to bring Gillian down. That was very disappointing - especially since there was no real reason for him not to help them. As far as new aspects of the characters, I didn't really see it (other than what I've already stated).

How do you see the ideas of justice and injustice here--are the issues always clear, or are we left with any ambiguity about events that outrage us in the novel? I think a lot of things in this novel were ambiguous. I saw a lot of injustice, but no real justice - even at the end. Gillian's scolding Paul for plagiarism and then finding out that not only is she currently plagiarizing an associate's current work but she's done it in the past; Gillian's infidelity to her husband who clearly loves her more than life itself; Paul's being used by his father and stepmother, as well as his classmate; Nancy's work being stolen; Adam's betrayal of Kim as well as his infatuation with Gillian; and Chris' ex-wife's treatment of him and using his kids against him. I think the writer developed some characters too much and others too little - the "writing circle" was more than the group of writers that met to critique each others' work -- it was the circle of writers and how their lives intertwined. I felt that there was no real ending to this book - I was quite disappointed with the ending. Nothing was really tied up. I'm not saying that I need endings to be cut and dried, but the ending to this book left too many unanswered questions. For me, the novel would've been better if there were fewer characters and the storyline was a little tighter. As I've mentioned, I felt the author went off on a tangent with a few of the characters and didn't develop enough of the other characters to make their presence in the story clear enough. And with all that was going on with the characters, there was no clear ending as to how each would get on with their lives.

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Although it took me a little while to actually get through the novel, I didn't think it was to bad.  Definitely not something I would just pick up and read, because it isn't really my cup of tea, but I enjoyed many parts of it.  The final chapters did move very fast and were packed with a lot of information, however, I think that until that point the story just moved along. 

I like the the story ended where it began, but I thought that sometimes the story went off in its own direction and lost me.  Would I recommend this to someone to read, most likely, but I'd have to tell them to really give it a chance to get good, especially if like me it was not their cup of tea. 

All in all I think that the little stories dealing with the characters was great, but it took to long for the truth about Gillian to come out, she definitely was my least favorite character in the whole book. 

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Correspondent
JoanieGranola

I've had a few days to contemplate my comments and review and I still come out with the same impression. I can fully understand the "art immitates life" aspect of this novel wherein we have characters, learn their backgrounds, have a conflict for each of them and no real resolution to that conflict. It's about human emotion and interaction, loyalty and betrayal.

Having said that, I still feel somewhat empty by the novel's conclusion. I'll take the time to go back through these messages to see the author's comments, but I still think there were too many characters and too many subplots for this novel to get the credit it deserves. For instance, why go through Chris' entire backstory when we're left with his wife lying to his kids about him? There was no real point to giving any part of his backstory, or even having him as a character since there was no real point to him being in the group - other than to come to Nancy's rescue and persuade her to fight Gillian, but any of the other characters could have done that (Adam, for instance, who ultimately helped Nancy because he realized he was being used by Gillian). And I'm still really disappointed that Gillian wasn't found to be a fraud by her stepson - he had every right to dispute the lecture on plagiarism from a woman who had no right to give it.

As I've said before, I don't mind that every loose end wasn't cut and dried, but for at least half of the subplots not to have closure is disappointing. I can certainly appreciate the hard work the author put into this novel, but it was a very long story for such a short conclusion - and all for a character I didn't even think was the main focus of the story.

Correspondent
Sadie1
0 Kudos

Joanie, I have to agree with you.  It took me forever to get through this book.  It was just all over the place with too much that really shouldn't have been there.  I would read a section and think..what the heck..why is that even here..I found many things took away from the story instead of adding to it.

Lisa in Georgia

JoanieGranola wrote:

I've had a few days to contemplate my comments and review and I still come out with the same impression. I can fully understand the "art immitates life" aspect of this novel wherein we have characters, learn their backgrounds, have a conflict for each of them and no real resolution to that conflict. It's about human emotion and interaction, loyalty and betrayal.

Having said that, I still feel somewhat empty by the novel's conclusion. I'll take the time to go back through these messages to see the author's comments, but I still think there were too many characters and too many subplots for this novel to get the credit it deserves. For instance, why go through Chris' entire backstory when we're left with his wife lying to his kids about him? There was no real point to giving any part of his backstory, or even having him as a character since there was no real point to him being in the group - other than to come to Nancy's rescue and persuade her to fight Gillian, but any of the other characters could have done that (Adam, for instance, who ultimately helped Nancy because he realized he was being used by Gillian). And I'm still really disappointed that Gillian wasn't found to be a fraud by her stepson - he had every right to dispute the lecture on plagiarism from a woman who had no right to give it.

As I've said before, I don't mind that every loose end wasn't cut and dried, but for at least half of the subplots not to have closure is disappointing. I can certainly appreciate the hard work the author put into this novel, but it was a very long story for such a short conclusion - and all for a character I didn't even think was the main focus of the story.

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

TrudiS wrote:

? This is my first time for the First Look and I am not sure what is meant by posting on the product page. Could someone please let me know? Thank you.

What is meant by posting on the product page is this:  on the B&N website, look for The Writing Circle and click the link to "write a review".

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

There were too many relationships for me to keep track of. I had to keep a notebook with the characters and their relationships and then I tried to keep track of the relationships with all and the gave up. I still liked the story, but the end came too fast. And I am still not sure if Paul died. I wanted him to get into a relationship with Kim.

Frequent Contributor
KCHaughawout
0 Kudos

I found the book somewhat like a beach read. It may have been better had I just read the book on my schedule instead of starting and then finishing 2 weeks later. I did not like the ending. It seemed incomplete to me and left many questions unanswered. The ending did not have the same flow as the rest of the book. It was intriging but I couldn't understand why Kim, who was a minor character, decided in the end to confront Adam. I didn't feel like their relationship was that important to the book. So what if Adam loved Gillian and turned on her in the end. Why would Kim care? Why did she become confrontational in the end? Was the irony that Gillian killed her stepson? She didn't really care about him.

I'm glad the writing circle remained loyal to Nancy. However, I think Gillian should have had some confrontation with the group as a whole rather than not getting the Pulitzer and running away to her beachhouse in the middle of the night. It seemed out of character for her.

Karen

"Every burned book enlightens the world."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reader 2
luvmynook1
0 Kudos

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who didn't enjoy this book.  With that said I'll follow my mom's rule....don't have anything nice to say?  Don't say anything at all.