Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

Re: The Writing Circle: Writers and Their Stories

Rachel-K wrote:

We get a closer look at how the Leopardi's operate as each of the writers makes progress with his or work, work and brings chapters in. 

Are they are as supportive as Bernard has claimed to Nancy?

I believe Bernard, Virginia and Chris are supportive, Adam is way to distracted with Gillian and trying to prove to her that he is worthy of being in the same writers circle that she is to really worry about anyone else.  And we all know who and what Gillian is supportive of, just put her in a room of mirrors.

Would you join this particular group if you had the chance?

I think this group would have been fine without Gillian, she was a disruptive element, her critiques always sounded negative and the few comments that were constructive  sounded very condescending.  So if the group was minus Gillian I would say yes.

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Reader
Actionwriter
0 Kudos

Re: The Writing Circle: Writers and Their Stories

CharminKB wrote:

I do believe that the majority of the members are supportive - all but Gillian who seems to be only there to amuse herself and grace the other peasant writers with her unmatched talent.  The others seem to listen and try to give appropriate - yet helpful - advise.

Obviously, Nancy is close to her work - - she has shown her apprehension towards revealing it from page one.  Adam also seems to be very close to his work.  The others seem passionate about their work - but lack the personal feeling towards it.

While all members give advise, I do feel that most hold back somewhat.  They don't want to hurt Nancy's feelings, or anger the all holy Gillian---but, if they can't be honest, why have the group at all?

Honestly, I found most of the work brought by the members terribly boring.  I did like Adam's and Nancy's - but the others were just things I would never read for pleasure---least of all the poetry! 

CharminKB wrote:

I do believe that the majority of the members are supportive - all but Gillian who seems to be only there to amuse herself and grace the other peasant writers with her unmatched talent.  The others seem to listen and try to give appropriate - yet helpful - advise.

Obviously, Nancy is close to her work - - she has shown her apprehension towards revealing it from page one.  Adam also seems to be very close to his work.  The others seem passionate about their work - but lack the personal feeling towards it.

While all members give advise, I do feel that most hold back somewhat.  They don't want to hurt Nancy's feelings, or anger the all holy Gillian---but, if they can't be honest, why have the group at all?

Honestly, I found most of the work brought by the members terribly boring.  I did like Adam's and Nancy's - but the others were just things I would never read for pleasure---least of all the poetry! 

Would I join this group?  Part of me says H*LL NO!  The other part of me thinks that if I were fortunate enough to write - anything - that I would be confident enough in myself and my writing to be able to offer it up to a group such as this.....although I don't know how long I could tolerate the attitude of Gillian or the like!

The other part of me thinks that if I were fortunate enough to write - anything - that I would be confident enough in myself and my writing to be able to offer it up to a group such as this.....although I don't know how long I could tolerate the attitude of Gillian or the like!

Talk about lost survivors! I have NOT a clue what I am joinng here. Navigation on this site is alien to me and so I get dumped here. I feel like a time traveler. So, while I am on this island of forgotten readers, how do I get a book to review--OR--how do I get these nice folks to review one or more of mine?