Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Bonnie_C
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi,

My name is Bonnie.  I live in Florida.  I am once again looking forward to a FL book and discussion. 

I do own a Nook.  I have found a very happy co-existence between my traditional printed books and my electronic books.  I am one happy reader.

Bonnie

Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Jo from Illinois.  This is FL number two for me.  I can't wait to get started.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Contributor
Breezy000
0 Kudos

My name is Alicia and I am from Missouri.  Looking forward to the digital book!  :smileyhappy:

New User
uavery

Hi, I am Ursula. I am the proud owner of a Nook for almost 2 months now and couldn't be happier! The best purchase I have made! I am excited to try out the First Look program. Hope to find many new books and meet many new people through this. Have a great day everyone!

Contributor
princessbab

Hi everyone.  My name is Becky and this is my first time with the First Look book club.  I have had my nook for three months now and love it.  Looking forward to a good read :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm Suzi and I've been with fortunate enough to participate in all but about 2 or 3 of the FirstLook Book Club selections.  I look soooo forward to all of them.  I've missed all of you, so I'm anxious to get started.  This one is going to be very different for me, as it wil be an e-book.  I'm accustomed to the old fashioned books, but reading is reading and I'm certain that I'll love the story all the same. 

Looking forward to sharing this book with all of you!

Suzi

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Frequent Contributor
cynthiaoh
0 Kudos

HI,

My name is Cynthia -- I am from Ohio.  This is the first time for me -- looking forward to it!

Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lynette and this is my 3rd FL book. I'm excited about this being the first E-book pick.  I have a nook, and love it. The book sounds great, can't wait to get started and hear everyone's opinions. 

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies -Aristotle_

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Reader 2
PenguinPose
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

My name is Sara from Upstate New York, and this is my first experience with First Look.  I'm really exciting to read The Writing Circle on my nook and discussing it with everyone!

Contributor
jillian_lee

Hello everyone! My name is Jillian and I live in lovely Central Minnesota (and yes--I really do think it's lovely here!). This will be my first FL book club and I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know this existed before I saw the posting on Facebook! I own a nook and have been an avid reader as long as I can remember! I'm really excited to be a part of this because I love discussing books and find that several of my friends don't share similar tastes as me! =)

Now I'm going to scour the rest of this nifty B&N Community...

---
Jillian

"To thine own self be true." - William Shakespeare
Contributor
doggiemom2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

DonnaS I have two mixed breeds. The first is a spaniel/dachsund mix and the other is a boxer/beagle mix. Both were shelter dogs.

DSaff wrote:

Welcome, Amy! What kind of dogs do you have?

doggiemom2 wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm Amy and live in Michigan with my Hubby and our two dogs. This is my first FL book and I'm pretty excited. I've always wanted to be part of a book club. I will be reading this on my Nook, which I bought in March. I love it.

~♥~Amy~♥~
:smileytongue: "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." Roger Carras
Reader 4
checker555

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My name is Jennifer, and this is my first First Look experience. I have a nook, which is my new best friend. I am one who never could imagine using an ebook and was sure I would hate it. I'm eating my words now, as it is a wonderful experience. I am completely won over, although I will still buy actual books. :smileyhappy:

I live in Washington, DC with my husband and 5 children, one Australian Shepherd, one cat, one gecko, two frogs, and many fish. I love to read, and I love electronics, computers, and gadgets, so the nook was made for me.

PS--For those trying it out on a computer screen, don't let that experience make you think you wouldn't like the nook. It's not really very comparable. The e-ink screen does not induce any eyestrain, unlike a computer screen, and it's also suprisingly easy and comfortable to hold in your hand, even lying down reading in bed at night.

Looking forward to this discussion--

Jennifer

~~Jennifer~~

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Mark Twain
Contributor
skrupp

Hi, my name is Suzette.  I was involved with the First Look for the Poachers Son.  It was a good experience and fun to be involved with a book club.  I look forward to this First Look as I have a nook and absolutely love it.

Contributor
WhyDoUPickOnMe

Hi everyone!

I'm Karen.

I'm brand new to the FL book club.  I have a nook and read so much more than I did before I had one!  I'm excited to be part of this.

Reader 4
ckell1221

Hello, My name is Carrie and I live in Arkansas.  This is my first time participating in FL.  I love to read...especially on my nook.  I am looking forward to reading this book and having some interesting discussions!

Correspondent
TudorRose

Hello everyone!  My name is Kimberly and I am from Northwest Ohio.  I have a six year old daughter and a two year old son.

This is my first time participating in FL.  I am very excited that BN is going with a digital selection.  I was resistant to the whole e-book thing at first, but I must say that I really love my nook.  I can't wait to read the selection and discuss it with all of you.

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
Muzby

Hello everyone!  I found out about this First Look book via a Barnes and Noble facebook post.  I didn't know such a thing existed!!  I am very excited about this "virtual" book club and the discussions.  I have a Nook and I absolutely love it.  There is nothing like being able to get a book at any hour of the day without even leaving the house.

Correspondent
StewiesMom

(Stands up, to address the room)

Hi Everyone, my name is Julie, and I'm a bookaholic.  

(Sits back down again, after the clapping and shout-outs are concluded)

This is my 7th FL participation.  I'm looking forward to this first digital selection, as it will involve my Nook.  See you all soon!

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi Kimberly. Welcome to the First Look group.  :smileywink:

TudorRose wrote:

Hello everyone!  My name is Kimberly and I am from Northwest Ohio.  I have a six year old daughter and a two year old son.

This is my first time participating in FL.  I am very excited that BN is going with a digital selection.  I was resistant to the whole e-book thing at first, but I must say that I really love my nook.  I can't wait to read the selection and discuss it with all of you.

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the First Look group, Muzby! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileywink:

Muzby wrote:

Hello everyone!  I found out about this First Look book via a Barnes and Noble facebook post.  I didn't know such a thing existed!!  I am very excited about this "virtual" book club and the discussions.  I have a Nook and I absolutely love it.  There is nothing like being able to get a book at any hour of the day without even leaving the house.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com