Contributor
Chaita
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi, everyone.  I'm a first-timer here also!  I just saw this on facebook today and had to come over and see what it was about.  The book sounds really interesing so I went ahead and joined :smileyhappy:  I live in Washington, DC and have always been an avid reader.  I wasn't sure about this whole e-reader thing either but my parents got me my nook for my birthday.  I've had it for about a month but I absolutely love ti so far!  It really is a convenient way to read on the go.  Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys and talking about this month's book.

- Chaitali

Reader
novelistjack
0 Kudos

Hello...

This is my initial foray into First Look. My name is Jack and I live in San Diego. A veteran of writers' critique groups and conferences, Ms Demas' The Writing Circle caught my attention, as did the First Look event which I had not heard about until now. I own a Nook (love it), am an avid reader (3000+ books in my personal library), and have published twenty-five novels. I enjoy interacting with anyone who loves fiction.

Reader 4
alphabetartist
0 Kudos

Hello,

My name is Angi, and I am new to FL.  I just purchased a nook this past weekend and was so excited to see this bookclub mentioned on Twitter this morning.  I look forward to meeting everyone and participating in the discussions! 

Frequent Contributor
mrsareads
0 Kudos

Hello - my name is Meredith from a small town in mid-Michigan. I am excited about the new FL pick. This will be my fourth (I have been enticing all my friends with this wonderful discovery - none of us can believe it to be true - thanks B&N) I am a bit nervous about it being an e-book. Have to read it on the computer, but as so many talk about how they love their Nook - I am getting jelous and may have to scrimp on groceries for a while to save and get one! Can't wait for another new and exciting experience through First Look.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Welcome Novelistjack,

This should be very interesting.  You have crossed over to our side now and are in for quite a treat.  We are a great group of people who really enjoy discussing what we are reading and have helped to make the FL book club the success that it is.  I wonder if I've read any of your books?! 

Literature

P.S.  I wouldn't mind visiting your personal library.

novelistjack wrote:

Hello...

This is my initial foray into First Look. My name is Jack and I live in San Diego. A veteran of writers' critique groups and conferences, Ms Demas' The Writing Circle caught my attention, as did the First Look event which I had not heard about until now. I own a Nook (love it), am an avid reader (3000+ books in my personal library), and have published twenty-five novels. I enjoy interacting with anyone who loves fiction.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm Karen from Hawaii and can't wait to get started on this new First Look read.  See you all on the boards when it starts.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Reader
novelistjack
0 Kudos

Thanks for the welcome. Had to chuckle about "crossing over to your side" comment. I was on "your side" long before I was on the "other side".  You can see a list of my books at my web site. I also have a blog where I chat about writing Jack Cavanaugh's Word Forge  Look forward to reading and discussing The Writing Circles.

Contributor
rujama
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, my name is Jacquie and I am a new timer to the First Look club. I am really excited about getting started. I have a Nook which I am totally in love with, it is simply amazing. I look forward to many discussions. 

Contributor
Mochasmom
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Julie. I am looking forward to this FL. This is my first and what got my attention was that it's going to be digital.

I travel a lot (by plane) so it's not feasible for me to carry several books at a time. Sometimes I don't know what I'm in the mood to read and I used to bring several books with me just so I'd have a selection.

I got Nook last year; one of the first shipments sent out and I absolutely love it. I'm old school where I love books, but Nook is great since I can take it everywhere and I'm getting used to reading from it. I just bought a book light too for it, so now it's easier to read at night when my husband is sleeping.

Nice to meet everyone!

Julie

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Thanks again for this opportunity. I am Wayne and live in Colorado and today the wind hit 75 MPH so it is a good day to stay at home and read. I am reading Cemetery Dance buy Preston and Child. Really enjoy the whole series. Also reading Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follett. Long read but good.

Wayne

Contributor
DPHampton
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

this will be my third first look book. I have to admit the synopsis is not very captivating but I have never been let down by B&N's first look selections before and don't expect to be now. I am excited to be able to join in the first e-book selection on my nook. I've reached a point where i prefer e-books and audiobooks (long commute) over "paper" books.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Angi. Welcome to the group! I like your screen name. How did you pick it?  :smileyhappy:

alphabetartist wrote:

Hello,

My name is Angi, and I am new to FL.  I just purchased a nook this past weekend and was so excited to see this bookclub mentioned on Twitter this morning.  I look forward to meeting everyone and participating in the discussions! 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Jack, Welcome to the First Look group! Would you mind telling us a little about the books you have written???  :smileyhappy:

novelistjack wrote:

Hello...

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Chaita. Welcome to the First Look group! I hope you enjoy your time here. :smileyhappy:

Chaita wrote:

Hi, everyone.  I'm a first-timer here also!  I just saw this on facebook today and had to come over and see what it was about.  The book sounds really interesing so I went ahead and joined :smileyhappy:  I live in Washington, DC and have always been an avid reader.  I wasn't sure about this whole e-reader thing either but my parents got me my nook for my birthday.  I've had it for about a month but I absolutely love ti so far!  It really is a convenient way to read on the go.  Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys and talking about this month's book.

- Chaitali

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Jacquie, Welcome to the First Look group! We're happy to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

rujama wrote:

Hello everyone, my name is Jacquie and I am a new timer to the First Look club. I am really excited about getting started. I have a Nook which I am totally in love with, it is simply amazing. I look forward to many discussions. 

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Julie! We're happy to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

Mochasmom wrote:

Hi,

I am Julie. I am looking forward to this FL. This is my first and what got my attention was that it's going to be digital.

I travel a lot (by plane) so it's not feasible for me to carry several books at a time. Sometimes I don't know what I'm in the mood to read and I used to bring several books with me just so I'd have a selection.

I got Nook last year; one of the first shipments sent out and I absolutely love it. I'm old school where I love books, but Nook is great since I can take it everywhere and I'm getting used to reading from it. I just bought a book light too for it, so now it's easier to read at night when my husband is sleeping.

Nice to meet everyone!

Julie

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I'm back and reading.

My name is Cora and I love BN's First Look reading, discussion group. I've missed being a part of it these past months.

I write, read and compute. I enjoy needlework -- crochet, knitting, cut work, quilting, fashion and decor sewing -- need I go on.

I live in Northern California, I'm retired and still need more hours in my day.

Cora

Laughing and Good living go together.

Reader 4
durblady
0 Kudos

Teri from MN and this is my first FL adventure with my new Nook!  Looking forward to it - hopefully I did the registration correctly and it'll all work!

Frequent Contributor
BOOKWORM1414
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, my name is Carol from Bucks County, PA.  I enrolled last night and can't wait for my confirmation.  I received the nook as a present in February, enjoying being able to search for a title when you have heard it mentioned.  Downloading the sample immediately is wonderful.  I have read server's books and find it easy to use. 

I like some many others will never give-up holding a book in ones hand.  I worked in a library for years and being around books is my passion.

Again, Paul thank you for trying "THE  WRITING CIRCLE"  in e-book format.  Looking forward to reading it and taking part in the discussions.  This is my 4 FL book selection.

Carol

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Athena and this is my first FL.  With a library (with more than half of the books being in hardcover) instead of a formal living room in my home, I never, ever, thought I would buy an ebook reader.  I bought a NOOK in February and adore it!  I didn't believe people when they told me that it felt like reading a paper book, but it really does.  I still buy my beloved books and still prefer them in hardcover, but my NOOK comes with me everywhere now; I love being able to carry a bunch of books with me without carrying their weight!

This isn't my usual genre, but I'm looking forward to being involved.  :smileyhappy: