Reader 4
Akifyre
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Heya, Please call me Autumn. I am a Nook owner and I saw the writing circle come over facebook and I felt it deserved a looksee. My usual genres are classical, fantasy and sci-fi. But I do have a desire to expand my reading options. I look forward in reading this book and discussiing it with you.
A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.
Contributor
norcalsheri
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello. My name is Sheri and I live in Northern California. I just received my Nook as an early Mother's Day present and also saw the post for the Book Club on Facebook. This is the very first Book Club I've ever joined. I'm looking forward to the experience and reading the book.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Sheri. Welcome to the First Look group! Congratulations on your early gift. :smileyhappy:

norcalsheri wrote:

Hello. My name is Sheri and I live in Northern California. I just received my Nook as an early Mother's Day present and also saw the post for the Book Club on Facebook. This is the very first Book Club I've ever joined. I'm looking forward to the experience and reading the book.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Athena. Welcome to First Look.  :smileyhappy:

Nallia wrote:

Hi everyone!  My name is Athena and this is my first FL.  With a library (with more than half of the books being in hardcover) instead of a formal living room in my home, I never, ever, thought I would buy an ebook reader.  I bought a NOOK in February and adore it!  I didn't believe people when they told me that it felt like reading a paper book, but it really does.  I still buy my beloved books and still prefer them in hardcover, but my NOOK comes with me everywhere now; I love being able to carry a bunch of books with me without carrying their weight!

This isn't my usual genre, but I'm looking forward to being involved.  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Teri! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :smileyhappy:

durblady wrote:

Teri from MN and this is my first FL adventure with my new Nook!  Looking forward to it - hopefully I did the registration correctly and it'll all work!

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,
Click on the "reply", bottom lower right hand corner of a post, to respond to it.  Then click on "Quote" upper right hand corner of this dialogue box so you have the original post with your response.  Then the cursor will have a mind of its own as to where you start typing.
I will have to check out your website as I do read a lot of historical fiction.
Literature
novelistjack wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. Had to chuckle about "crossing over to your side" comment. I was on "your side" long before I was on the "other side".  You can see a list of my books at my web site. I also have a blog where I chat about writing Jack Cavanaugh's Word Forge  Look forward to reading and discussing The Writing Circles.

Reader 4
Akifyre
0 Kudos

*pokes DSaff playfully* Oi!!!! What about my welcome? Its enough to give a girl a complex it is! In any case, welcome Teri, Sheri, and Athena! Sheri you will love your Nook! I recommend a program called Calibre for your sideloaded content management.
A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got confirmed!  I know the big brown truck will not be coming to my house this time so I'll just have to wait very anxiously for my e-book.  In the meantime I'm reading In The Fall by Jeffrey Lent for my library bookclub.

Literature

Reader 2
AdriaLP
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Adria and this is my first time participating in the First Look.  Looking forward to it!

Reader 2
Adweena
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am Megan (Adweena) from Indiana.  I teach 6th and 7th grade English.  I have had my nook for a while now and I love it.  This is my first FL and I am excited to jump in and get started!

Thanks,

Megan

Reader 2
luvmynook1
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm KC.  I'm excited to take part in my first First Look.  I've had my nook for 2 months and just love it.

Inspired Contributor
JuneC
0 Kudos

Hello Again all FL'ers,

This will be uncharted territory for me. Since I don't have a nook, Kindle, or IPad I will have to read this new book the "old fashioned" way...on my PC!  I will miss having a real book to hold, but I'm  I'm up for the challenge!

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

Hello all! I'm Charlie this is my 3rd First Look selection and I hope we get the chance to know each other and enjoy this book thoroughly.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, everyone--
I'm Rachel and I'll moderate our group this month. All our new folks will find our regulars are wonderfully welcoming and excellent advisors for all the tips and tricks of getting settled in to our electronic book clubs. 
This will be a new experience for all of us. I'm always curious to learn how reading (or listening) in different formats and contexts affects how we relate to a book, and this is our first venture into electronic reading as a group. I love the solid wonderful print book, but I'm also pretty excited to think of how many trees might be spared by the e-reader, and how many boxes I could NOT take with me during my next move. 
I live in North Carolina. I've got two young daughters and a golden. I work for the public library (so I hang out around books pretty much all day every day.) Can't wait to get started! 
Rachel

Reader 2
rbhoover
0 Kudos

My name is Renee and this is my 2nd First Look. I thoroughly enjoyed "The Poacher's Son" and expect to be equally thrilled with "The Writing Circle". I live about an hour north of Charlotte, NC. I have a nook and I am excited that this book will be offered as an e-book!

Contributor
jenno0108
0 Kudos

Hello!

My name is Jennifer Norman, and this is my first "First Look" selection, and I am really excited! I love to read every spare minute I get. I can't wait to read and discuss this book!

Reader
Laura321
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Laura, I am a new Nook user and excited to participate in this group!

Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Melody and this is my 3rd first look.  I completely enjoyed the first 2 and I am sure this one will be no different!

Contributor
midgefrazel
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Midge Frazel

I am an educator, writer and genealogist. I have been reading electronically for a long time as I own (and it still works) a Rocketebook. I also read on my various Palm based handhelds and on my new nook. I have only had my nook for a few months. It was a gift from my son-in-law who knows what a geek I am!

I have my own Web site and three blogs.I am an avid gravestone photographer.

Midge

Reader
Alliecat1401
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am from the little ole' state of Rhode Island, and this will be my first time in a FL bookclub! I have a Nook, which I adore and carry it around like it's a piece of gold, always in my purse :-) I am also a recent college graduate, and studied English so it will be nice to get into some discussions about the book.