Frequent Contributor
CharminKB
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi all!!  Am excited for this new journey!!  I have been seriously debating the purchase of a nook lately - and I think this experience will push my one way or another.  I do have the eReader on my iPhone, but find that I do not utilize it often....I'm really hoping this will spark my "e-reading" -- I could sure use some space in my house!!  There are books stacked everywhere! 

With an interesting read like the Writing Circle, I have a feeling I may be the proud owner of a Nook before this chat is over!

Can't wait to get started!

New User
Gram32008
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This will be my first venture in an on-line book club and I'm excited to see how everything works. My Nook is a brand new experience and I am still learning all the ropes with it.

Reader
novelistjack
0 Kudos

I've written mostly historical fiction, some supernatural suspense. Eras include a panorama of American history, 16th Century England, colonial South Africa, and WWII Germany. You can see them at my website . I love everything about novels, the research, the writing, the authors, the readers. Thanks for this opportunity to interact with other lovers of books.

Contributor
anne_dutch
0 Kudos

Well, hi everyone!

I'm Abby, and I am a music teacher in South Dakota (although a move may be in my near future). This is my first FL and I will be reading on my nook. I'm also participating in "One Book, One Twitter" so hopefully I can juggle the two! Luckily the school year will be over soon and that will give me a lot more time to read.

Like I said, I live in South Dakota but am from Michigan originally, so it's fun to see other MI readers. I have a great husband (although he is not much of a reader) and two dogs.

you can call me al.
Reader 4
Akifyre
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Welcome Rachel! I am in the process of movie for the first time since I got my Nook. I am giving most of my paperbacks to a friend of ours. Keeping the odd book that I can not find an Ebook of, and the hardcovers I already own. So two big boxes down!

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Autumn. Welcome to the First Look group! Sorry that I missed you. We are very happy to have you with us!  :smileyhappy:

Akifyre wrote:

Heya, Please call me Autumn. I am a Nook owner and I saw the writing circle come over facebook and I felt it deserved a looksee. My usual genres are classical, fantasy and sci-fi. But I do have a desire to expand my reading options. I look forward in reading this book and discussiing it with you.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Reader 4
DrKH_08
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Kineka and I'm looking forward to participating in my first First Look! Another reason to love my nook :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Great picture  =)

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Kineka. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :smileyhappy:

DrKH_08 wrote:

Hello All,

My name is Kineka and I'm looking forward to participating in my first First Look! Another reason to love my nook :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Jennifer, Welcome to the First Look group! You are definitely among book lovers here.  :smileyhappy:

jenno0108 wrote:

Hello!

My name is Jennifer Norman, and this is my first "First Look" selection, and I am really excited! I love to read every spare minute I get. I can't wait to read and discuss this book!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Adria. Welcome to the First Look group!  :smileyhappy:

AdriaLP wrote:

Hi, I'm Adria and this is my first time participating in the First Look.  Looking forward to it!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Megan, Welcome to the First Look group!  :smileywink:

Adweena wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am Megan (Adweena) from Indiana.  I teach 6th and 7th grade English.  I have had my nook for a while now and I love it.  This is my first FL and I am excited to jump in and get started!

Thanks,

Megan

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, KC. Welcome to the First Look group! I like your screen name.  :smileyhappy:

luvmynook1 wrote:

Hi, I'm KC.  I'm excited to take part in my first First Look.  I've had my nook for 2 months and just love it.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

It's good to see you, Rachel! Thanks for the welcome.  :smileyhappy:

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Laura. Welcome to the First Look group!  :smileyhappy:

Laura321 wrote:

Hi, I am Laura, I am a new Nook user and excited to participate in this group!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Gram32008. Welcome to the First Look group! I hope you enjoy your time here.  :smileyhappy:

Gram32008 wrote:

Hello All,

This will be my first venture in an on-line book club and I'm excited to see how everything works. My Nook is a brand new experience and I am still learning all the ropes with it.

Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hey, dhaupt, I like the idea thatthis will be a digital book as I love my Nook and I even read it at bedtime. It doesn't bother my eyes the way a computer would if you have to read from that mode.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Rachel, glad to see you will be our moderator again. I enjoy your questions.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, Renee, I live in Charlotte, NC . So, we're kind of close. Yay, another personfrom NC!

Distinguished Correspondent
AikiPen
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I'm Lisa from Durham, NC. There seems to be quite a few of us from NC around here.

I'm a proud Nook owner, a Valentine gift from Hubby. The Nook has changed the way I read and I'm reading way more than I used to. I used to read computer books, sci-fi and historical fiction. Since getting the Nook I've discovered that I love mystery stories, especially the ones with female leads.

I do IT support part-time for a university which did very well in the NCAA basketball championship this year. When not working I'm a wife-and-single-mother of 3, I teach gymnastics and aikido, and in my spare time do lots of sketching, photography and reading on my nook.

Currently I'm rereading Wicked, went to the musical on Sunday and realized the musical story is very different from the book. I loved them both. The kids and I are reading The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey (Mysterious Benedict Society Series #2)  out loud on the Nook.

There are several Lisas around here, even another one from NC, so I guess I'll have to be Lisa S-R.

This is my first FL book club and I'm looking forward to it!

Lisa S-R