Reader 4
JuneT
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hi - I'm June from mid-Missouri.  This is my first experience with an online book club.  I've had a Nook since February (got it for Christmas) and I really like it.  I was running out of shelf space for all my books, so this little guy is a lifesaver!  Looking forward to First Look -

dhaupt
0 Kudos

JuneT wrote:

Hi - I'm June from mid-Missouri.  This is my first experience with an online book club.  I've had a Nook since February (got it for Christmas) and I really like it.  I was running out of shelf space for all my books, so this little guy is a lifesaver!  Looking forward to First Look -

Hi June, I'm from near St. Louis and live in St. Charles County. Where are you?

Oh and welcome ;-)

Reader 4
vickth
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Vicki and this will be my first First Look book club.  I had no idea this existed until I learned about it on facebook. I live in Illinois with my husband, three kids, two cats and our beagle.  I am a mom, a counselor, and a student.  I am always thinking about joining a book club but with my schedule fitting one in has been hard.  I'm hoping this virtual book club will be just the thing.   

I am an avid reader who has filled our home office with so many books I'm squeezing my poor husband out.  I got a Nook with my Husband's blessing (He is getting tired of buying me new bookshelves) this Christmas and am loving it!  I too was worried about loosing the feel of a real book and worried that it would feel like reading on a computer.  I have to say it doesn't!  I absolutely love it! 

Frequent Contributor
Cycling_Chef
0 Kudos

My name is Astrid. I live near Seattle. I have been a bookworm since I was a child. I love books and have bookcases and piles all over my house. I never thought I would enjoy my nook as much as I do.

I am looking forward to the book club, but I don't understand where THE WRITING CIRCLE will be "delivered" or how I will be notified when it has "arrived." Who can help, please? Thanks!

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Hi Astrid,

Paul will let us know when the ebooks are available - since you have a nook you'll just "Check for new B&N content" and the B&N library on your nook will automatically update with your copy of The Writing Circle.

Cycling_Chef wrote:

My name is Astrid. I live near Seattle. I have been a bookworm since I was a child. I love books and have bookcases and piles all over my house. I never thought I would enjoy my nook as much as I do.

I am looking forward to the book club, but I don't understand where THE WRITING CIRCLE will be "delivered" or how I will be notified when it has "arrived." Who can help, please? Thanks!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Hello Astrid,

and welcome to First Look. Paul will announce the arrival of "The Writing Circle" on this board within the next two weeks and it will be waiting for you on your nook. If, for some reason, you don't see the title, go into "My B&N Library," scroll down to "Check for new content" and tap it.

If you also have the B&N eReader installed on a laptop/desktop/other electronic device and want to read "The Writing Circle" there, according to the user guide to the newest edition (2.5.0.3727): Any eBook you buy there (B&N) will magically appear in your digital library and automatically load onto the B&N eReader on your mobile device.

Cycling_Chef wrote:

As for seeing "The Writing Circle" appear in your "Digital Library" sign into your Barnes & Noble Account scroll down to "Digital Management" and "My eBooks Library."

Inspired Wordsmith
Sunltcloud
0 Kudos

Sorry Melissa,

I just duplicated the answer you already gave. I was called away while I was in the reply screen and when I finally posted my answer it was much later.

Melissa_W wrote:

Hi Astrid,

Paul will let us know when the ebooks are available - since you have a nook you'll just "Check for new B&N content" and the B&N library on your nook will automatically update with your copy of The Writing Circle.

Cycling_Chef wrote:

Frequent Contributor
CharminKB
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  My name is Kristina and I have had the privilege of reading several of the First Look books.  I am growing more and more excited reading all the other posts about the Nook.  I haven't bought one yet, but have become increasingly more interested in it.....after reading these posts, I am almost sure that my purchase will be soon!  I am currently living on the East coast, but am planning a move to the West coast in the coming months and I know my husband and movers would LOVE for me to have a Nook and less books!!!

Looking forward to reading "The Writing Circle" -- - - looks like another good one!

Frequent Contributor
mediamissy
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My name is Michele and I am excited to be here.  I do own a Nook and LOVE IT!  I am excited about the First Look and love the program and can't wait to get started.

Michele

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

'tis nothing :smileyhappy:  Don't worry about it

Sunltcloud wrote:

Sorry Melissa,

I just duplicated the answer you already gave. I was called away while I was in the reply screen and when I finally posted my answer it was much later.

Melissa_W wrote:

Hi Astrid,

Cycling_Chef wrote:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, June. Welcome to the First Look group.  :smileyhappy:

JuneT wrote:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to the First Look group, Vicki!  :smileyhappy:

vickth wrote:

Hi my name is Vicki and this will be my first First Look book club.  I had no idea this existed until I learned about it on facebook. I live in Illinois with my husband, three kids, two cats and our beagle.  I am a mom, a counselor, and a student.  I am always thinking about joining a book club but with my schedule fitting one in has been hard.  I'm hoping this virtual book club will be just the thing.   

I am an avid reader who has filled our home office with so many books I'm squeezing my poor husband out.  I got a Nook with my Husband's blessing (He is getting tired of buying me new bookshelves) this Christmas and am loving it!  I too was worried about loosing the feel of a real book and worried that it would feel like reading on a computer.  I have to say it doesn't!  I absolutely love it! 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Joey. Yes, there are other guys here. My husband, Mike (MSaff) is one of them.  :smileyhappy:

joeypore wrote:

Well hello everyone. My name is Joey.

Quick question: are there any other guys in here? Just wondering....

Sounds like an interesting book, that's why I joined. Looking forward to it.

Oh, and I have a nook, and I was confirmed.

Contributor
nikijulian
0 Kudos

My name is Nikki and I am a librarian in Los Angeles. I am very excited to participate in my first First Look Book Club. I will be reading it on my Nook - which I love.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Nikki, Welcome to the First Look group! We're glad you are here.  :smileyhappy:

nikijulian wrote:

My name is Nikki and I am a librarian in Los Angeles. I am very excited to participate in my first First Look Book Club. I will be reading it on my Nook - which I love.

Inspired Contributor
dragonfly_yayn
0 Kudos

My name is Elaine & I live in Western MA with my 2, 3 & 12 yr olds (with another due between now & 6/24 which I just got put on bedrest for) & my 3 lb yorkie.  I have participated in a few FL's.  I love reading, especially with it being 1 of my only escapes now that I am a single parent.  Although I am not sure how fun it will be reading a book on my computer or iTouch, since my job is an IT Tech staring at computers all day, but am more than willing to give it a try.  Welcome all newcomers!!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Good to see you, Elaine! Sorry to hear about the bedrest, but hope all continues to be well with you and the baby.  :smileyhappy:

dragonfly_yayn wrote:

My name is Elaine & I live in Western MA with my 2, 3 & 12 yr olds (with another due between now & 6/24 which I just got put on bedrest for) & my 3 lb yorkie.  I have participated in a few FL's.  I love reading, especially with it being 1 of my only escapes now that I am a single parent.  Although I am not sure how fun it will be reading a book on my computer or iTouch, since my job is an IT Tech staring at computers all day, but am more than willing to give it a try.  Welcome all newcomers!!

Contributor
Alohamora
0 Kudos

Hi,

I live in Western MA and have been an avid reader for half a century.  This will be my second FirstLook book.

I work with computers all day, so the last thing I really want to do at home is look at a computer screen some more to read a "book."  But I will give it a try!

Contributor
lrloveless71
0 Kudos

Hello! My name is Lisa Loveless and I am from east central Indiana. I have read the last couple of first look selection and have enjoyed them!

I am an avid and eclectic reader and aspiring writer..Desperately seeking time and motivation to write something great!

Looking forward to reading this selection.  However, I am not sure about the format. I have not been able to talk myself into buying a digital reader but am considering it..Never pack enough books for vacation and the nook would solve that! This will be a nice test... although I will be reading on my computer for now.

Look forward to discussing "The Writing Circle" with you!

Contributor
sp1198
0 Kudos

This is Sarah, and I'm from Northwest Arkansas.  I'm looking forward to participating in this book club discussion.  I read most of my books on the BN eReader on my iPhone--I love it! I'm also part of an IRL book club, but it's more an excuse to get together with my friends for dinner and a trip to Barnes and Noble than an in depth talk about the book we've just read.