Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
katemac08
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

looks really good!

Frequent Contributor
Mommy-Read-Write
0 Kudos

This sounds really great! Thanks for an intriguing choice.

Sheery

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents."
~ Emilie Buchwald ~
Correspondent
bud12
0 Kudos

I hope it's not too "brutal", but I am ready for a good mystery. I don't usually read this type of book but a new reading adventure awaits me. Thanks!!

Jo
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

ilenekm wrote:

Looks great. I love books by Stieg Larsson and Henning Mankell.  I cant wait to read this one.

I share your love of the books by Stieg Larsson but I haven't read anything by Henning Mankell. What would you recommend as a good read by Mankell?  Thank you.

CAG
Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Paul, thanks for another great choice.  Looks like a great book, can't wait to start reading and discussing with everyone.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
gl
Distinguished Correspondent
gl
0 Kudos

Just got the PM that I'm in.  :smileyhappy:  I'm so excited - this is just the sort of book I love. Looking forward to the discussions and hearing from the author.

Thanks!

Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Not my usual genre, but that's why I love First Look.  I have enjoyed reading the previous FL selections.  This club has pushed me outside my comfort zone and it's been a rewarding experience.

Judy

Reader
bgee
0 Kudos

Can't wait to read it !!!!

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Floreader,  I completely agree.  I participated in the Wake of Forgiveness discussion.  This is book I would have looked at because of the gorgeous cover, but I don't think I would have read it.  It is one of the best books I have read this year and am so thankful to get to participate in this wonderful group.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero
Contributor
Passie71
0 Kudos

Looking forward to this discussion!  Thank you!!

Staci
Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

The book sounds fantastic. I am up for a good page turner! Can't wait for this one!

New User
booklover59SW
0 Kudos

First time with First Looks. Looking forward to getting a first read of this title and being able to discuss it with all of you. Very exciting!!!

Susan

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

KristinaBarnes wrote:

This isn't normally a book I would pick up, either, but it sounds great! I'm always open to reading new titles and genre's. I love the diversity of all the First Look picks. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Paul! :smileyhappy:

This is the best part of First Look: reading what you normally wouldn't. To experience new authors and expand your horizons.

Cora 

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

This sounds like it's a book right up my alley.  I love to read mysteries  and espionage and this looks like it will fit the bill.  Bravo to First Look for what looks like another great read.

Paul_Hochman wrote:

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Myrtlemay
0 Kudos

This looks like a fabulous read! Can hardly wait!

Contributor
Fanasty_Lover
0 Kudos

Book sounds great!! Can't wait to read it!!

Contributor
miller1323
0 Kudos

...Award-winning journalist Anders Roslund and ex-criminal Börge Hellström are Sweden's most acclaimed fiction duo...

WOW

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Paul

This is great! I have just read "The Man Who Went Up In Smoke" a 1966 novel written by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo two Swedish writers. Also The "Girl Who Play with Fire" . I am really enjoying Swedish authors.

Wayne

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey Floreader:  

I too would not have read this otherwise, so now I am glad to be waiting for the book to read now that I am a FL reader.

floreader stated:

Not my usual genre, but that's why I love First Look

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

To wjbauer:

What is different -or special- about the Swedish writers-authors- whom you've read so far?  Can you pinpoint any particular style or prose?

Wayne stated:

I am really enjoying Swedish authors.

Wayne

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color