Reply
Contributor
irises1889
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎11-01-2010
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

I finished it last week and it was so amazing.  Definitely in my list of all-time favorite books.  I have thought of it many times since I've finished it and have recommended it to several people.  I was completely engrossed in the last half of the book. I cried (really cried) a few times and loved the evolution of the story.  I don't know many others who have read it yet.  I was disappointed in one part of the book that I felt was a little too contrived, but I also see how it was integral to the story itself.  What were your thoughts?

Contributor
irises1889
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎11-01-2010
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

Do you have to copy and paste to see the relevant info below the response even if you click reply on a particular post?  My response below was re: Cutting for Stone.  Sorry for the confusion.

 

 

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors 

I finished it last week and it was so amazing.  Definitely in my list of all-time favorite books.  I have thought of it many times since I've finished it and have recommended it to several people.  I was completely engrossed in the last half of the book. I cried (really cried) a few times and loved the evolution of the story.  I don't know many others who have read it yet.  I was disappointed in one part of the book that I felt was a little too contrived, but I also see how it was integral to the story itself.  What were your thoughts?

New User
Jefferis6
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

This is my first time for a First Look Book.  I have received the book and just not sure where to go from here.  Do I just keep checking here for discussions and join in?  Or is there a "schedule" somewhere for other things?  Thanks for the help.  Looking forward to reading this one!

 

Sarag

Sarah
Scribe
DSaff
Posts: 2,048
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

Hi, Sarah! Here is what I posted to another person with the same question. I hope it is helpful. :smileywink:

 

"The discussion is broken up into sections (see the post in Schedules, Updates, etc.) and we keep the discussion each week to that particular section. Some of us read by the section so that we can hypothesize, and others read the entire book and keep their comments to that section only. We have a moderator, Rachel, who will post leading questions for the section to be discussed that week and the discussion takes off! We have even been known to go down some rabbit trails as long as they deal with the section at hand. Each time you want to make a comment, you simply "Reply" to it and you are in the discussion. We have all week to discuss each section, so don't worry about a time. The boards are open 24/7. One thing you might want to do to get a feel about how this works is to look at another First Look board. You can find them by using the "Choose a Discussion" button on the right hand side of the screen, the go down to First Look and select one."


Jefferis6 wrote:

This is my first time for a First Look Book.  I have received the book and just not sure where to go from here.  Do I just keep checking here for discussions and join in?  Or is there a "schedule" somewhere for other things?  Thanks for the help.  Looking forward to reading this one!

 

Sarag


 

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
New User
Jefferis6
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎11-03-2010
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

Thank you!

Sarah
Moderator
Rachel-K
Posts: 1,495
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

Hi Irises,

 

There is a "quote" button at the top right of your message box while you're writing a reply--just next to the "spell check" button. If you click that, the original message will also appear in your post.

 


irises1889 wrote:

Do you have to copy and paste to see the relevant info below the response even if you click reply on a particular post?  My response below was re: Cutting for Stone.  Sorry for the confusion.

 

 

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors 

I finished it last week and it was so amazing.  Definitely in my list of all-time favorite books.  I have thought of it many times since I've finished it and have recommended it to several people.  I was completely engrossed in the last half of the book. I cried (really cried) a few times and loved the evolution of the story.  I don't know many others who have read it yet.  I was disappointed in one part of the book that I felt was a little too contrived, but I also see how it was integral to the story itself.  What were your thoughts?


 

 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
Posts: 303
Registered: ‎08-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

Everyone in the FL group is so very attentive to helping others out!  great group of readers

 

 



Rachel-K wrote:

Hi Irises,

 

There is a "quote" button at the top right of your message box while you're writing a reply--just next to the "spell check" button. If you click that, the original message will also appear in your post.

 


irises1889 wrote:

Do you have to copy and paste to see the relevant info below the response even if you click reply on a particular post?  My response below was re: Cutting for Stone.  Sorry for the confusion.

 

 

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors 

I finished it last week and it was so amazing.  Definitely in my list of all-time favorite books.  I have thought of it many times since I've finished it and have recommended it to several people.  I was completely engrossed in the last half of the book. I cried (really cried) a few times and loved the evolution of the story.  I don't know many others who have read it yet.  I was disappointed in one part of the book that I felt was a little too contrived, but I also see how it was integral to the story itself.  What were your thoughts?


 

 


 

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color