Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: About Three Seconds and the Authors

love the build-up about the book . . . . now the mysterious question that no one seems to ask, perhaps everyone else is familiar with the authors background and I just am not -so I will ask

What is the deal with the 'ex-criminal' part about- what was the crime, what was the time?  It seems we are basing the background of the authors on the content of the book?

Seeing how I am totally unfamiliar with these Swedish authors I would like to know.

Three Seconds

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

hey bud12 - -I agree with you about being not 'too brutal'; my previous FL read 

The Wake of Forgiveness  was way TOO brutal for my liking, so I hope this is more suspense and intrigue than brutality.

Guess we will wait together and see what shapes up

I hope it's not too "brutal", but I am ready for a good mystery.

Inspired Correspondent
Amanda-Louise

I totally agree.  I found The Wake of Forgiveness pretty tough.  I was looking forward to the "horsey" aspect, but found all of that unreadable.  Then the rest was sort of gratuitous sex.  It's actually the first FL I've found really put me off.  I suffered through as it was a FL book, but had I picked it out from the book store or library, I would have put it down a short way through.

Amanda

Atreyu59 wrote:

hey bud12 - -I agree with you about being not 'too brutal'; my previous FL read 

The Wake of Forgiveness  was way TOO brutal for my liking, so I hope this is more suspense and intrigue than brutality.

Guess we will wait together and see what shapes up

Contributor
miller1323
0 Kudos

Atrey59, I want to know too!!  I appreciate the perspective any ex-criminal would bring, but I am curious...  If anyone has any info or details, please share.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew

[ Edited ]

In case anyone is interested in learning more about the book, check out this utube video in the author's own words!

http://bookblog.scandinavianbooks.com/youtube-three-seconds-by-borge-hellstrom-and-anders-roslund/
It sounds really good.

Contributor
Grape_Ape
0 Kudos

Thanks for this link!

thewanderingjew wrote:

In case anyone is interested in learning more about the book, check out this utube video in the author's own words!

http://bookblog.scandinavianbooks.com/youtube-three-seconds-by-borge-hellstrom-and-anders-roslund/
It sounds really good.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thanks for the LinkTwj......Will watch it soon..Susan

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link - I just checked it out & this novel (fiction/fact/who knows for sure) sounds a bit over the edge and really gripping.  I hope for NO nightmares during this read!

The beast (one of their other novels) sounds as though it was horid, morbid and at the least bit the type for the movies where you leave and wonder if someone is following behind you to kill you next. .. . . . 

Hope this is more intrigue and suspense than graphic horrible murder mayhem.

thewanderingjew     said:

In case anyone is interested in learning more about the book, check out this utube video in the author's own words!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Grape_Ape wrote:

Thanks for this link!

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

Hej,,, "3 Seconds".. Sounds very Dark and Excellent...Susan

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

Grape_Ape wrote:

Thanks for this link!

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

I watched the video - seems dark and spooky - I liked when the author cracked his knuckles!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Grape_Ape wrote:

Thanks for this link!

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

I watched the video - seems dark and spooky - I liked when the author cracked his knuckles!

Hi eadie.. Good to see you....That 'Knuckle Cracking" was spine tingling..Good dag..using a few Swedish words lol..

Reader 4
AprilRN
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

Thanks for the link!  Sounds like this book is gonna be great!

To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

thewanderingjew wrote:

It sounds really good.

Thanks twj - very interesting!

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

CAG
Contributor
hawk4ever
0 Kudos

I'm really getting excited about receiving this book.  It sounds exactly like the kind of books I like to read.  I think I will check any other books by the authors. 

Inspired Contributor
ilenekm
0 Kudos

I read Man from Beijing by Henning Mankell and really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to this new FL read

CAG wrote:

ilenekm wrote:

Looks great. I love books by Stieg Larsson and Henning Mankell.  I cant wait to read this one.

I share your love of the books by Stieg Larsson but I haven't read anything by Henning Mankell. What would you recommend as a good read by Mankell?  Thank you.

Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

Thank you for the link.

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Thanks. I do appreciate the suggestion. i will check it out.

ilenekm wrote:

I read Man from Beijing by Henning Mankell and really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to this new FL read

CAG wrote:

ilenekm wrote:

Looks great. I love books by Stieg Larsson and Henning Mankell.  I cant wait to read this one.

I share your love of the books by Stieg Larsson but I haven't read anything by Henning Mankell. What would you recommend as a good read by Mankell?  Thank you.

CAG
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Glad your part of the club 

Look forward to your input in the discussions as well.  :smileyhappy:

booklover59SW stated:

First time with First Looks.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey Hawk4ever:

I recommend checking out the book reviews of the authors - some are really night-mare generating crime novels, esp. if you have kids - the one book listed is something I could not read due to recurring images of the content; so I hope this is not as brutal as the pedophile novel they had before this release.  

hawk4ever said:

I think I will check any other books by the authors.