Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

bookowlie wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

bookowlie wrote:

Oops, I clicked Post too soon.

Glad to hear that people on the East Coast are starting to receive their books.  Maybe today I will be on the brown truck's route in my northern Virginia neighborhood.

Carolyn

:smileywink:Since I received my book "Three Seconds" yesterday..It gets lonely lol..So I have My "Crystal UPS Ball"  out today..Its very clear out today  in VTso I should get a Good Reading....I predict 10 more copies delivered today..  "  _ "  Will ck later...Susan..

Susan,

Your "Crystal UPS Ball" worked!  I received my book yesterday afternoon.  Now let's take out the Crystal Ball again so that more people will get their copies today!

Carolyn

Carolyn, It seems I am losing power with "The Crystal UPS Ball" I will try putting it in another part of my house..Now I am looking in "The Schedule Crystal Ball" Much harder to read..lol..Glad your book arrived...and a few other FirstLookers...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Vermontcozy wrote:

bookowlie wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

bookowlie wrote:

Glad to hear that people on the East Coast are starting to receive their books.  Maybe today I will be on the brown truck's route in my northern Virginia neighborhood.

Carolyn

:smileywink:Since I received my book "Three Seconds" yesterday..It gets lonely lol..So I have My "Crystal UPS Ball"  out today..Its very clear out today  in VTso I should get a Good Reading....I predict 10 more copies delivered today..  "  _ "  Will ck later...Susan..

Susan,

Your "Crystal UPS Ball" worked!  I received my book yesterday afternoon.  Now let's take out the Crystal Ball again so that more people will get their copies today!

Carolyn

Carolyn, It seems I am losing power with "The Crystal UPS Ball" I will try putting it in another part of my house..Now I am looking in "The Schedule Crystal Ball" Much harder to read..lol..Glad your book arrived...and a few other FirstLookers...

Susan,

Your Crystal Ball image showed up here. UPS took a minute to smile, but then back to business delivering books.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: My book came today

Vermontcozy wrote:

pen21 wrote:

My book came today. So the books are coming to Minnesota.

That was quick for Minnesota pen..I tucked mine away.: ) Keeping busy with "Dragonfly in Amber" and the end of "Dreamfever"..I was just bumped off.so I hope this posts I'm sure you have a few books to keep you busy as well...

My neverending TBR pile is always there. I started reading Broken Kingdoms for the Science Fiction/Fantasy board. Broken Kingdoms is the second book, but has a very unique storyline.

Of course I am reading the new Stephen King book. I am well into the second story. So far I am seeing the very dark King stories.

The Broken Kingdoms (Inheritance Series #2)

Full Dark, No Stars

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

bookowlie wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

bookowlie wrote:

Carolyn

Susan,

Carolyn

Susan,

Your Crystal Ball image showed up here. UPS took a minute to smile, but then back to business delivering books.

I see that it says Minn,MN on The UPS Truck,but he looks just like my UPS Man John..Must be his brother Jack..They are the best though,delivering all our books really quickly this time. Glad your Crystal Ball is picking up those Signals..Mine is getting very weird readings,.Alaska.. Unless we  have a FirstLooker expecting "Three Seconds".there..I am putting mine away..:  ).But Will still search for The Schedule...

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke

Big Brown

Look, we can also read a book about "THE UNTOLD STORY OF UPS".

It's probably about the Big Brown Trucks and all the Barnes and Nobles First Look members attacking the drivers for their First Look books!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Love the pic & the handsome guy delivering isn't bad either!!!!  He has such a cool smile.

My guy was in preparing for the sprints in the olympics I think because he was so quick I ran to the door & he sprang from the porch in a split second; all I saw was a blurr r r.....

Susan,

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

you 'all (as Paula Deen pronounces) are TOO FUNNY . . . 

I am laughing out loud and folks are wondering what is so funny . . . .

eadieburke sent this . . . . 

It's probably about the Big Brown Trucks and all the Barnes and Nobles First Look members attacking the drivers for their First Look books!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

Love the pic & the handsome guy delivering isn't bad either!!!!  He has such a cool smile.

My guy was in preparing for the sprints in the olympics I think because he was so quick I ran to the door & he sprang from the porch in a split second; all I saw was a blurr r r.....

Susan,  Thanks Pen for The Great Picture...

:smileyvery-happy:Pen 21 Finds "The Best Pictures."...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Big Brown

Oh eadie ,Leave it to you to find this book...;  )Three Seconds will be an  intense discussion..Glad you are joining us..Susan

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Big Brown

Oh eadie ,Leave it to you to find this book...;  )Three Seconds will be an  intense discussion..Glad you are joining us..Susan

Susan: Thought you would like the Big Brown Truck book - it also includes your poems!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Contributor
tmcb
0 Kudos

I am happy!! I got my copy of Three Seconds yesterday!!  Now just need to finish up current book and get started. This is so exciting, I am a newbie so all this is just so cool to me! :smileytongue:

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Community Room question:

Here's a good one to ask the group.  

For those who are very savvy with the computer & this discussion board; do you prefer to read the message threads as; sort message as new, current message first, older messages first, as the threaded messages in a group?

I was reading them with the current most recent message at the end of the posted messages; and now I tried a few other methods after realizing there  are other options.  Just wanted to poll the group to see which you find easier to view?

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

Community Room question:

For those who are very savvy with the computer & this discussion board; do you prefer to read the message threads as; sort message as new, current message first, older messages first, as the threaded messages in a group?

I was reading them with the current most recent message at the end of the posted messages; and now I tried a few other methods after realizing there  are other options.  Just wanted to poll the group to see which you find easier to view?

I open the thread and read the topic that has the least amount of posts first and then with the one that I haven't read for a while, I'll read the most current posts and then when I get time, I go back and catch up on the older posts.

Hope that answers your question!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Good question. I prefer to read the board in the threaded format and have the settings set to show the newest first. That is easier for me because I check the board multiple times a day and hated to wade through all the posts before getting to something new. I also float discussion threads to the top so I can see if there are any new posts to read (new = darker print).  :smileywink:

Atreyu59 wrote:

Community Room question:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

eadieburke wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Big Brown

Susan: Thought you would like the Big Brown Truck book - it also includes your poems!

:smileywink:Eadie How Sweet of you..But I didn't know any were published..Many LOL's But If I wrote any Then I guess ,Thats where they would wind up....Susan *_ *

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire, Book 1)  Just wanted to pop in and tell you pen and also post the book,that on the page where "Greyfriar" is under that it has a Link to tell the Publisher that one would like it in an ebook.format..And that today my daughter and I were doing our Holiday List online IMing  and she added it for me to Kenny..Because not an ebook yet...Thanks for that..Even Readers who are not Huge UF/Paranormal readers will like this book..It seems to fit into many genres..as PaulGoatAllen and dainewt posted..Excited to read it...of course ....Just another one to add..Glad you are liking that" Dark "King Side..nobody does it better..Susan

Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
0 Kudos

Please fetch your crystal ball and see when my copy is to arrive in Kansas.....I know we are to start general discussion on the 24th and I really want to join in from the beginning!!!  UGH, it's getting so close and no book!

BTW, we have several friends who work for UPS yet the one that deliverer's to me is not tall and handsome like yours!  Yet he is quick!

Thanks for the help!

Darby

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:
Darbys_Closet wrote:

Please fetch your crystal ball and see when my copy is to arrive in Kansas.....I know we are to start general discussion on the 24th and I really want to join in from the beginning!!!  UGH, it's getting so close and no book!

BTW, we have several friends who work for UPS yet the one that deliverer's to me is not tall and handsome like yours!  Yet he is quick!

Thanks for the help!

Darby

Not to Worry Darby  The Discussion starts on Nov 29th..I gave my UPS Crystal Ball to pen 21  She has better luck ,finding Those UPS Trucks then I do out your way..The One She posted yesterday was Great he delivers to her all the time lol..Post as soon as you get "Three Seconds" Susan

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Big Brown

:smileywink:Eadie How Sweet of you..But I didn't know any were published..Many LOL's But If I wrote any Then I guess ,Thats where they would wind up....Susan *_ *

Sorry Susan, I had you confused with ponie who wrote about the big brown truck way back on the thread of Bees and Mist. We must give ponie credit since she is the author. Don't know if you remember this post or not but here it is:

ponie wrote:

I want to teach you all a song as we wait...we will all be singing it soon; as soon as confirmation is received.  It goes to the tune of Oh Where Oh Where has my little dog gone.  I'm introducing it early so we can all be ready when we need it.  It goes with the waiting for the little brown truck dance. 

Here we go...

Oh Where Oh Where is the little brown truck?

Oh Where Oh Where can it be?

Got my PM today

Confirmation has come

Now I'm waiting for my A-R-C

Contributor
JamesterCK
0 Kudos

No book yet for me either! Anxious to get it, hope it gets here soon. I have a good feeling about tomorrow...but I had a good feeling about Friday and Saturday too and no book! Haha, I'm sure it will get here soon.

Jamie"Bookerella" Kline