Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Re: My book came today

I think Paul sent out the fast UPS truck to keep the books coming.

Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Got mine on Friday!

Donna

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

Vermontcozy wrote:

Atreyu59 wrote:

Love the pic & the handsome guy delivering isn't bad either!!!!  He has such a cool smile.

My guy was in preparing for the sprints in the olympics I think because he was so quick I ran to the door & he sprang from the porch in a split second; all I saw was a blurr r r.....

Susan,  Thanks Pen for The Great Picture...

Your Crystal Ball image showed up here. UPS took a minute to smile, but then back to business delivering books.

:smileyvery-happy:Pen 21 Finds "The Best Pictures."...

Pen, thanks this made my day :-)

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

I think Paul sent out the fast UPS truck to keep the books coming.

Pen ,Sure does look like Paul painted this UPS Truck ,In His spare time lol..What a Guy!!!  It Looks Very Magical...: ) Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Wordsmith
BookWoman718
0 Kudos

Mine just arrived!  I'm in AZ for those of you who are tracking across the country...

Eager to get started.  I checked one of the authors' earlier books "Box 21" out of the library last week to get a preview of what to expect.  Some pretty brutal scenes that I wouldn't want to read during breakfast, but an engrossing story with a sad twist just when you think it's all been solved.  It did win some Swedish awards back in 2005.  "21" was concerned with the sex slave trade coming out of Eastern Europe, a very ugly reality that seems to have spread widely and only increased in brutality over the past decade.  Or maybe we just hear more about it now. 

I love a good police work novel so I'm off to check the schedule and see how far I should read - in the unlikely event that I'm able to stop at all  ;-)

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Can't wait to start reading Three Seconds. Sounds like they know what they're writing about!

New User
TGatsby
0 Kudos

I just  got the book! I'm so excited to get started; I hope I can stick to the schedule and not over read it.  Looking forward to discussions about it.

Contributor
hawk4ever
0 Kudos

I haven't received my book yet.  I hope there isn't some problem.  Is there any way to check on the shipping status?  Thanks

Contributor
JamesterCK
0 Kudos

The UPS guy brought my book today! Yay! I'm in Kansas, so hopefully the rest of you will get your books soon!!!

Jamie"Bookerella" Kline
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

JamesterCK wrote:

The UPS guy brought my book today! Yay! I'm in Kansas, so hopefully the rest of you will get your books soon!!!

Glad your book arrived Jamie....It will be a Great Discussion Love the Authors backgrounds..They will be joining us on the 29th..While I am here Thank you Rachel,our Moderator for posting the schedule..It helps me sort of not  read ahead  Susan

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

I'm happy to say that I have received my book.

Contributor
PeteyParker
0 Kudos

My copy came today as well. I've read a bit of it and so far so good.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

eadieburke

Thanks for the answers.  That is what I do as well.  I get pretty competitive about seeing those numbers posted when I have not read in a day or two . . .it is getting addictive & I have school work, yet I will log on just to try and keep up with all the posting comments and discussions.

I was trying out a few different methods of reading the post recently.  I sorted the messages differently and wanted to know what others do to make the experience easy as possible- because I am certain we all don't have 'unlimited free time' abound.  At least I don't 

:smileyhappy:

you said        :   Hope that answers your question!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Yeah for 

scnole & PeteyParker 

Your books came today!!     now to try and not read the whole thing - - - - huh?

:smileyhappy:

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
0 Kudos

Hey Susan and all the other UPS spotters,

My Book Came TODAY!  Whew, what a relief!!!

Thanks for your help!

Darby

Frequent Contributor
Darbys_Closet
0 Kudos

Susan,

I thought the schedule stated that we started sharing on the 24th?!  I like the date of the 29th better though!!!

Darby

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Darbys_Closet wrote:

Hey Susan and all the other UPS spotters,

My Book Came TODAY!  Whew, what a relief!!!

Thanks for your help!

Darby

Darby..Absolutely the 29th is better..Glad you received your book..Seems like everyone will have it by Friday..That UPS Express Bus that pen posted and Paul painted, does work..lol Susan

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I like the 29th too, Darby.  :smileyhappy:

Darbys_Closet wrote:

Susan,

I thought the schedule stated that we started sharing on the 24th?!  I like the date of the 29th better though!!!

Darby

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

Can't wait to start reading.

Frequent Contributor
mlfoley012
0 Kudos

Still no book here in lonely North Dakota.... :-(

Hope it comes today as we are due for another snow storm tomorrow and Thursday!!

I had my hopes up when some people from MN got theirs.  Oh well, I will try to remain patient!