Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Re: Community Room

dhaupt wrote:

southrnbella wrote:

Hey eadieburke, glad you got confirmed! I saw you were reading the passage and i was just wondering your thoughts on it ...Ive been going back and forth on it deciding if I should get it or not...so Id love to know what you think about it! thanks

eadieburke wrote:

Just got "Confirmed"! I am currently reading:

also finishing

The Passage

southrnbella, I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I read and loved The Passage, you are welcome to read my review (don't worry no spoilers) It's my best of 2010 pick

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/search?q=the+passage

Dhaupt thanks for the review (i started following your blog i liked your review hope thats ok) and no i dont mind you butting in lol because its good to know other peoples opinion...i will definitely go check it out now!!

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

YES!!!!  Thank you Donna!!!!  I so so so appreciate you finding the title my brain could NOT!  Have a FANTASTIC day!

Becky in IN

DSaff wrote:

I think I found your book, Becky, at least I think so. Are you looking for Swan Song by Robert McCammon?

Swan Song

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

You are very welcome, Becky. The book has certainly peaked my interest.  :smileyhappy:

Becktrek wrote:

YES!!!!  Thank you Donna!!!!  I so so so appreciate you finding the title my brain could NOT!  Have a FANTASTIC day!

Becky in IN

DSaff wrote:

I think I found your book, Becky, at least I think so. Are you looking for Swan Song by Robert McCammon?

Swan Song

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

It has been YEARS since I have read it but I remember LOVING it.  I am going to re-read it as soon as I finish VIXEN.  Thanks again!

DSaff wrote:

You are very welcome, Becky. The book has certainly peaked my interest.  :smileyhappy:

Becktrek wrote:

Becky in IN

DSaff wrote:

Swan Song

Contributor
Bamamomma83
0 Kudos

Confirmed!! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

I am smiling because I just discovered that we chose the same three books this month, although i am still reading two of them and about to begin Let The Great World Spin for the second time to present to my face to face book group.

eadieburke wrote:

Vixen

also finishing

The Passage

also read this month

Little Bee

which I really enjoyed!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

TO Bamamomma83:

Isn't that a great email : confirmed!  Look forward to the discussion

Confirmed!!

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Question for Paul

DSaff wrote:

Hi, Paul. I am posting this question here in case others have the same one. Do you think we might get a badge for our blogs with this book? They have been great conversation starters on many blogs and good publicity. We haven't had one for the last few books, so I was wondering. Thanks for all of your work and help!  :smileyhappy:

Resources on the Creative side have been a little tight as of late, but I'll put in for one.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

southrnbella wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

southrnbella wrote:

Hey eadieburke, glad you got confirmed! I saw you were reading the passage and i was just wondering your thoughts on it ...Ive been going back and forth on it deciding if I should get it or not...so Id love to know what you think about it! thanks

eadieburke wrote:

also finishing

The Passage

southrnbella, I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I read and loved The Passage, you are welcome to read my review (don't worry no spoilers) It's my best of 2010 pick

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/search?q=the+passage

Dhaupt thanks for the review (i started following your blog i liked your review hope thats ok) and no i dont mind you butting in lol because its good to know other peoples opinion...i will definitely go check it out now!!

Of course that's ok southrnbella, the more the merrier I always say. :-) And Thanks too!!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Thanks, Paul!

Paul_Hochman wrote:

DSaff wrote:

Hi, Paul. I am posting this question here in case others have the same one. Do you think we might get a badge for our blogs with this book? They have been great conversation starters on many blogs and good publicity. We haven't had one for the last few books, so I was wondering. Thanks for all of your work and help!  :smileyhappy:

Resources on the Creative side have been a little tight as of late, but I'll put in for one.

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

What is a 'badge for our blog' ?

Dsaff said:

Do you think we might get a badge for our blogs with this book? 

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

southrnbella wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Vixen

also finishing

The Passage

also read this month

Little Bee

which I really enjoyed!

southrenbella:

I am about 500 pages into it. I am not much of a science fiction fan, so I am not liking the middle too much. I don't want to give up on it because I do want to find out what happens in the end.

I have also heard mixed reviews.On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I would give it a 6.

But I am excited about Kate Morton's new book

The Distant Hours

I received notice that my book has been mailed. Her other book was a first look feature.

The House at Riverton  

I have also read

The Forgotten Garden  

I would say that she is one of my favorite authors.

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

CAG wrote:

eadieburke wrote:

Vixen

also finishing

The Passage

also read this month

Little Bee

which I really enjoyed!

I loved "Little Bee", really enjoyed it. I was wondering if you have read anything else by Chris Cleave. I haven't and would appreciate any thoughts you might have about his other bokks. Thanks.

CAG:

No, I have not read his other books, but I too was wondering about them!

Eadie - A day out-of-doors, someone I loved to talk with, a good book and some simple food and music -- that would be rest. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
mlfoley012
0 Kudos

eadieburke when you say you just got notice that your book has shipped did you mean the Distant Hours or Three Seconds? I'm just curious! :-)

My book club read The Forgotten Garden and it was well liked by the whole group (which doesn't happen often).  I am anxious to read both of Morton's other books. 

I'm excited to start reading Three Seconds too and anxious to get it!
Scribe
DSaff

The badge is a small square with the book's title and First Look. They are fun to add to the blog to get others interested in getting the book. You can find one by looking at this link from the  discussion of "The Poacher's Son."

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-The-Poacher-s-Son/A-Custom-Badge-for-Your-Blog-Sit...

Atreyu59 wrote:

What is a 'badge for our blog' ?

Dsaff said:

Do you think we might get a badge for our blogs with this book? 

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

mlfoley012 wrote:
eadieburke when you say you just got notice that your book has shipped did you mean the Distant Hours or Three Seconds? I'm just curious! :-)

My book club read The Forgotten Garden and it was well liked by the whole group (which doesn't happen often).  I am anxious to read both of Morton's other books. 

I'm excited to start reading Three Seconds too and anxious to get it!

Yes, Distant Hours was just released which is Kate Morton's third book.

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I am an OPEN learner and enjoying the brain exercise I get daily!

Dsaff helped with......

The badge is a small square with the book's title and First Look.

Distinguished Correspondent
chris227
0 Kudos

I read Little Bee a couple months back.  I really enjoyed it.  It was a little unsettling but still a really great read!

eadieburke wrote:

Vixen

also finishing

The Passage

also read this month

Little Bee

which I really enjoyed!

Distinguished Correspondent
chris227
0 Kudos

Eadie,

I received an advanced readers copy of The Distant Hours and it's next in my TBR pile (unfortunately that top book gets changed way too often as I get excited about or hear about another one!!).  You're right though it does sound good and I think you just motivated me to keep that book next (with the exception of Three Seconds, of course.)

Inspired Wordsmith
eadieburke
0 Kudos

chris227 wrote:

Eadie,

I received an advanced readers copy of The Distant Hours and it's next in my TBR pile (unfortunately that top book gets changed way too often as I get excited about or hear about another one!!).  You're right though it does sound good and I think you just motivated me to keep that book next (with the exception of Three Seconds, of course.)

I always have a couple of books going at the same time. Depends on which room I'm in and when one gets more interesting than the other, I stick with that one and finish it and then go back to the others. So, reading Three Seconds and The Distant Hours at the same time will be no problem. If you stick with the reading schedule for Three Seconds there will be some downtime in between reading sections and I'll sure you will be able to read both!

Let me know how you like The Distant Hours!