Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

How to Enroll (ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED)

[ Edited ]

You will receive a free advance reading copy and access to the discussion with the author. The ARCs will mail soon and the discussion will begin on November 29th.

Please only enroll if you're going to participate in the discussion. ARCs are limited, so if you do not participate, you will be excluded from future First Look selections.

Unfortunately, we can no longer ship internationally. We apologize.

Here is how to enroll:

1. Sign in 
If you are not signed into your book club account, please sign in from the link in the upper left of this page. This is important. If you don't sign in, you will not be able to request a book. If you are having trouble signing in, please click here for more information.

If you are not a registered book club user, you can create an account by clicking on the register link in the upper right of this page. It's easy, and it's free.

2. Submit your information  
Now that you are signed into your account, click on the small envelope icon above the list of boards. Click on New Message* and enter the following information into the window, as described below:

Send To -

Seconds

Subject --

Your Message --
name
mailing address, including zip
daytime telephone number

Click "Send Message"

* Your private message must be enabled -- you can find that in Preferences > Display & Privacy Settings.

Note the following:

• This message will be automatically sent to the correct mailbox -- do not insert or replace with additional addresses. We are only accepting registrations there. Please do not attempt to send this message to another account.
  • Be sure to give us all the information required and do not include any other text in this message other than what is requested.
  • These free books are limited, only one per account, per person, please. We will stop taking requests once we run out.
  • Finally, please do not post the requested information on the boards. Your information should only go into a private message.

You only need to send this message once. You'll receive confirmation of your enrollment via private message, not via email. It may take up to a week before this confirmation arrives.

Be sure to go to the "Welcome and Introduction" thread and say Hello!

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and for being a part of the Barnes & Noble Book Clubs. If you haven't done so already, please have a look at all our current discussions. There's a lot going on!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Re: How to Enroll and Get Your Free Reading Copy

Great instructions & completed as instructed.  Looking forward to this read!  Love the cover of this book

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
megan-smith
0 Kudos

For some reason, I am unable to click to send a new message.. I just keep getting a page that says this:

The core node (0) you are trying to access was not found, it may have been deleted. Please refresh your original page and try the operation again

Not really sure how to fix that...

Contributor
LorettaP
0 Kudos

Three Seconds sounds like an interesting read. The cover is definately an eye catcher. It seems to have the makings of a great page turner that you can't put down.

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Megan,

What are you clicking on to receive that error message?  Is it when you click on the envlope to open the PM client or is it when you click 'Compose Message'?  Check to make sure you have Private Messages enabled (go to "My Profile" and then click "Display and Privacy Settings" then "Private Messenger" - "Enable Private Messages" should be checked).

megan-smith wrote:

For some reason, I am unable to click to send a new message.. I just keep getting a page that says this:

The core node (0) you are trying to access was not found, it may have been deleted. Please refresh your original page and try the operation again

Not really sure how to fix that...

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

Great instructions & completed as instructed.  Looking forward to this read!  Love the cover of this book

Atreyu, I am so enjoying your participation in Vixen and glad you'll be here too.

Frequent Contributor
mlfoley012
0 Kudos

Super excited for this book!  Can't wait to participate!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Megan-smith:  here are some ideas (not that they will work but help with problemsolving)

1.  be sure your using a 'acceptable-recommended' browser

2.  don't use any parenthesis or marks in the TO section when you send it - - > plain and simple as the directions state  THREE SECONDS  or SECONDS  which ever goes on which line

3.  check your formatting and keep it simple

hope this helps & hope you get to send the message and get confirmed

megan-smith stated . . . . 

Frequent Contributor
OKC_NookJA
0 Kudos

Looks like a great book. I can't wait to read and review it!

Contributor
MommaBrikz
0 Kudos

looks like a great book.  not a huge crime novel fan but i'm always up for something new.  

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Here' s a good question for you Paul;

What about the cover?  Looks more like a remake from the cover of the movie Backdraft than anything I've seen; is that flames he is walking towards, or into & is it significant? An explosion?

Humm . .mm

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

What about the cover?  Looks more like a remake from the cover of the movie Backdraft than anything I've seen; is that flames he is walking towards, or into & is it significant? An explosion?

Humm . .mm

I wouldn't want to spoil it for you...

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Good answer, Paul.   :smileywink:

Paul_Hochman wrote:

Atreyu59 wrote:

Humm . .mm

I wouldn't want to spoil it for you...

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
corky200
0 Kudos

I can't find where to click to get the book...probably will need a refresher course in how to post comments later...
Contributor
tjewell
0 Kudos

Sounds like a great opportunity.  I love reading.  This looks like a great book - I love crime novels.

Tjewell

New User
emoser
0 Kudos

Thank you!  an online bookclub is a new exprience for me and i'm really looking forward to it.

emoser (sometimes em, sometimes el)

Reader 2
aislyn
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!  Can't wait!  guess Ill have to...

dhaupt
0 Kudos

corky200 wrote:
I can't find where to click to get the book...probably will need a refresher course in how to post comments later...

Hi corky, above the the messages you will or should see on the left in white letters your log in name followed by logout - password - help - and a little envelope. Click on the envelope then to compose new message then follow the instructions Paul gave us in the first post.

Hope that helps

Reader 2
librosamo
0 Kudos

Very excited about this! I've always wanted to join a book club, but they're scarce in my area so this is perfect. The book looks fantastic - can't wait to read it!

Thanks, B&N! :smileyhappy:

"Never lend books, for no one ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are books that other folks have lent me." ~Anatole France
Contributor
hawk4ever
0 Kudos

I finally got registered and found the right place to request this book.  It looks very exciting.  I'm eagerly awaiting my copy.  Thanks.