Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

News about Paul

Hi guys,

We have some wonderful (bad) news about our well-loved admin, Paul. He has accepted an excellent new position that will take him away from the B&N book clubs. So--we might feel quite sorry for ourselves--but we need to be thrilled for Paul, and wish him the best!

If you'd like to give him thanks and kudos for all his wonderful leadership and support in First Look (and in the rest of the clubs) and send him off with your best wishes, please use this thread!

Rachel

Contributor
beak77
0 Kudos

Re: News about Paul

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi guys,

We have some wonderful (bad) news about our well-loved admin, Paul. He has accepted an excellent new position that will take him away from the B&N book clubs. So--we might feel quite sorry for ourselves--but we need to be thrilled for Paul, and wish him the best!

If you'd like to give him thanks and kudos for all his wonderful leadership and support in First Look (and in the rest of the clubs) and send him off with your best wishes, please use this thread!

Rachel 

This is my 1st time with First Look. I congratulate Paul but look forward to working with you, Rachel.
Wordsmith
BookWoman718

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi guys,

Rachel

Paul,

Warmest congratulations on the new job!  Lucky new readers, whoever they will be,  that get the benefit of your good judgment and excellent taste in books!  (You ARE staying in the book business, I hope!) 

Thank you for the fabulous job you've done here, where I think you've been the driving force behind the excellent selection of material that has been offered to us.   I've been continually impressed that you manage to make good choices in so many different kinds of fiction;  not everything has been 'just right' for any of us, but everthing has been great for some portion of us, with all our varying tastes.   And I'm feeling very lucky that you found "Three Seconds" for us just before abandoing ship! 

You will most certainly be missed!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul - seems as though the time has come to move on yet you've done a fine job here and now onto other things

Hope you enjoy - we loved the FL postings and insight you shared.  Take care in your new endeavor.  Write passionately so we know where you are

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Paul,

You will be missed. Good luck on the new job, I am sure they know how valuable you are. So many good First Look picks, plus all the good book recommendations. I have read so many excellent books during my time on Barnes & Noble.

All the best, Luanne

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew

Hi Paul,

Life is like the spokes of a wheel. As they turn, new little windows of opportunity keep opening. If you don't jump through when the opportunity presents itself, you miss out on life. You did an amazing job for us at BN and are really deserving of your new position.Yes, I am really sad for us, to lose such a wonderful admin, but I am so happy for you and your family. All I can say is that you did more than your job description, you went the extra mile when necessary, and that makes you the best there is and I am pretty sure you will be an asset wherever you go and whatever you do. Come back and visit us here, now and then.

twj

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Thank you for this spot, Rachel! Paul, as I said in the Nook Book blog you have been doing, we will miss you! I have enjoyed reading your posts, the FL books you and your team have selected, and all of your help. You have been great and I wish you the best in your new endeavor! While you are moving away from here, I think we all hope you will drop by once in a while to say hello!  :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Paul_Hochman

Thanks so much, everyone. It's been a real adventure and I've had a ton of fun reading with you all.

I'll stop back when I'm settled at my new gig. More good things (and reads!) to come.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Good Morning. Paul....Thank you for paying so much attention to us and making BN our second home..You have brought us so many amazing writers that we might've overlooked..You know us.and that was very comforting..Your present of "Three Seconds" speaks volumes to me..Much Success ,and you will be Missed.But you have left your Mark..Not many people can do that...Best...Susan 

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Paul, you will leave a huge hole not only at First Look but with all the behind the scenes things that you've done for the B&N clubs.

I hope you only the best in your new endeavor and I hope nothing but the best for you in the future.

I hope you do stop by and visit all the friends you've made here at B&N.

I'll miss you greatly. :-(

Peppermill
0 Kudos

Paul -- may they back-fill you well!!

We will miss you.  The best in whatever lies ahead.  Do hope you will come back for a post or two occasionally after you get settled.

May you find the time in this holiday season to feel the joy of a job well done and the significance of the reading and feedback that has reached in so many directions.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Paul, thank you for your time and seemingly ceaseless efforts on behalf of the First Look club and other things you've been part of here...Best of luck with your new position!

Elaine

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Contributor
clodia2
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul!  Good luck in your future endeavors.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
tmcb
0 Kudos

Good Luck Paul. And Congratulations in your new endeavor... best wishes!

Inspired Contributor
Zia01
0 Kudos

Wow. Congratulations Paul!! I am sad to see you go but excited for you at the same time :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

Paul,

I am one of those that haven't had the chance to get to know you as well as most others here have.  I do wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor, and from what I've read, you seem to be a most deserving person and a great driving force when it comes to books.

Enjoy your holiday season, and many happy readings!

Suzanne

“A home without books is a body without soul.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul and good luck on your new adventure. 

I hope you will come back and be a reader with the rest of us.

Frequent Contributor
Becktrek
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul!!!!

Please try (I'm sure it may be impossible!) to try to pass your excellent book selecting skills on to your successor!

You'll be missed!

Becky in IN

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I truly wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor.  You have been an invaluable asset to B&N and the FL program.  You've done a great job with the FL picks, especially with Three Seconds.  I feel like I'm losing a friend; even my daughters know you by name.  Just remember that we'll be okay. Rachel will take care of us.  It is always exciting to start a new adventure.  Just remember to keep reading!

Sheila aka Literature

Wordsmith
Deltadawn
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

Congratulations on your new position! We will miss you here very much - but I'm so happy for you! Wishing you all the best!

Dawn