Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat

Re: News about Paul

Hi, Paul, I truly will miss your wonderful FL selections and you've brought different realms of reading and new authors for us to review. I'm excited about your new position and glad it is in the book market. You've made your mark here at B&N and you deserve to go on and enjoy a different perspective of the world of books. I certainly wish the best for you and please do keep us informed as to your future endeavors. But I am sad you are leaving. It seems since I've been on B&N, that you have been there too. For that you will be missed by everyone whose life you have touched here.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Congratulations on the new job Paul! You have always impressed me by the selections you have chosen for the First Look Club and there is no doubt that you will be successful in whatever you do. I wish you the very best and you will be missed.

CAG
Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Paul,

We will miss you, but wish you the best of luck!  Congratulations:smileyhappy:

Donna

Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

Best wishes to Paul in his new work.  We will miss him terribly!

Jane M.
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Paul,

I wish you mega success in your new position!

You will certainly be missed here at First Look.

Thanks so much for the great choices you have made for FL, and we hope you join us for discussions!!!

It won't be the same without you. :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
wjbauer
0 Kudos

Paul

Thanks a lot for all the work you put into First Look. The club was just what I needed and I am glad for your setting it up.

Good luck in your next facet of your work experience.

Wayne

Inspired Contributor
dclement04
0 Kudos

Paul,

My first book with you was back when we did Of Bees and Mist (11 FL selections ago! I can't believe I've been with this group that long). You were great back then and you were amazing up until the end. Congratulations on choosing some amazing texts for the readers and I hope your new position will be as fulfilling as this one has been for us AND for you (was it? haha).

Maybe next year you'll come back and surprise us with a special selection?!

Take Care,

Danielle C. from Chicago

Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff

[ Edited ]

Hi Paul,

First of all let me thank you for all of your hard since First Look started.  You have been the corner stone of our little community, and I for one will surely miss you.  Yours shoes will be hard to fill.  Paul, you have kept all of us sane, when things weren't going well for us, such as our books not arriving and of course the little pep talks you give us. 

I do want to congratulate you also, on your new position.  I'm sure that you will do a GREAT job.  We will miss you, and hope that you stop by now and then. 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Passie71
0 Kudos

I wish you the best Paul in your new adventure!!  Thank you for your wonderful book club picks.

Staci
Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

Congrats, Paul and thank you so much for the wonderful work you've done!

Lisa

Contributor
redfraggle_98
0 Kudos

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing some wonderful reads with us!  Best wishes!

Inspired Contributor
Coral50
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Congratulations, you are going to be greatly missed. If I'm correct you have been here with First Look since it began, or at least since I started.

I wish you the best of everything in your new position and don't forget to stop by once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

Best Wishes

Cora

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul!!!  Thank you for all of the hard work.  I have LOVED the FL experience and you will be greatly missed.  Good Luck for your future endeavors, you will be awesome at what ever you do.

:smileyhappy:
Contributor
DawnGR
0 Kudos

Best wishes to you Paul ! Rachel , though it has been awhile since I have done a first look. Look forward to sharing in the discussion with you :smileyhappy:

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi guys,

We have some wonderful (bad) news about our well-loved admin, Paul. He has accepted an excellent new position that will take him away from the B&N book clubs. So--we might feel quite sorry for ourselves--but we need to be thrilled for Paul, and wish him the best!

If you'd like to give him thanks and kudos for all his wonderful leadership and support in First Look (and in the rest of the clubs) and send him off with your best wishes, please use this thread!

Rachel

“The greatest gift is a passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination.”
Elizabeth Hardwick

Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Paul,

Congrats on your new position.  You will be missed.  Thanks for all of your hard work.  FL won't be the same without you!

Carolyn

Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I want to congratulation you on your new opportunity .You did such an amazing job for all of us in the book clubs. I know I am going to miss you because somehow you made me feel I was one of your friends. I have been with First Look Book club since it started and I have to say that I have read books that I wouldn’t have read. What you need to know is that you did a great job, and you really do deserve this new opportunity.

Like someone said earlier thewanderingjew ," All I can say is that you did more than your job description, you went the extra mile when necessary, and that makes you the best there is and I am pretty sure you will be an asset wherever you go and whatever you do.” So what I have to say to you thank you so very much. You are a very special person in my eyes, and best wishes always.

gmfuhlman

Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for the kind, kind wishes!

Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi guys,

We have some wonderful (bad) news about our well-loved admin, Paul. He has accepted an excellent new position that will take him away from the B&N book clubs. So--we might feel quite sorry for ourselves--but we need to be thrilled for Paul, and wish him the best!

If you'd like to give him thanks and kudos for all his wonderful leadership and support in First Look (and in the rest of the clubs) and send him off with your best wishes, please use this thread!

Rachel

congrats paul!! you always picked awesome books so idk what we will do without you :smileysad: ...but that is awesome you got a new position...good luck!!

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
Superbookworm
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul!

Contributor
tjewell
0 Kudos

Paul - I wish you the very best in your new job.  I am sure you are looking forward to new challenges.  Good luck to you.