Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Re: News about Paul

Rachel-K wrote:

Hi guys,

We have some wonderful (bad) news about our well-loved admin, Paul. He has accepted an excellent new position that will take him away from the B&N book clubs. So--we might feel quite sorry for ourselves--but we need to be thrilled for Paul, and wish him the best!

If you'd like to give him thanks and kudos for all his wonderful leadership and support in First Look (and in the rest of the clubs) and send him off with your best wishes, please use this thread!

Rachel

Wow! Best wishes to Paul. Wherever you are going I am sure, you will take with you your leadership abilities and skills. I will miss you, although I only have gotten to know you through the First Look Book Club. You have impressed me with your ability to choose a wide variety of books, stretching my mind to read books I may not have chosen.

You have really topped the list with Three Seconds. I could not put it down!

Rose

Frequent Contributor
mgmama33
0 Kudos

Paul,

Best of luck on your new adventure!  Thanks for all you did with the First look and many other online book discussions.

Sara

Contributor
scientistsoltero
0 Kudos

Congrats Paul and thank you for everything you have done :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I just saw this thread.....Sorry to hear you won't be around!...Now who am I going to stick pins in?  Ha!  I hope whatever you will be doing will be a great new experience, and you'll love it!.   Thanks so much  for all of your help, expertise, and kindness.  Have a wonderful Holiday Season, and a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Kathy

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Paul,

Best of luck to you.  Thanks for spending time with us in the First Look book club.  We are happy for you.

Mary Ann

Correspondent
bud12
0 Kudos

Best wishes in your new position, Paul. You've done a great job with First Look and I've always enjoyed your comments and the professional way you've handled the site. 

Jo
Correspondent
retromom
0 Kudos

Congratulations Paul! While I will miss you and your excellent book picking skills here, I wish you a wonderful and bright future wherever you go. Thank you for introducing me to several genres of books that I might have never touched and would have greatly missed out on! Good luck in all your endeavors!

Beth

http://bookaholicmom.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

Congrats Paul!   We'll miss you....:smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
vpenning
0 Kudos

Wish you all the best. Thanks for a job well done!

Inspired Correspondent
nfam
0 Kudos

Congrats, Paul, we will miss you. You've done an excellent job!!

Contributor
bmseara
0 Kudos

Good luck Paul!  That is very exciting news :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
kittykat59
0 Kudos

Godspeed to you Paul!

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

Thank you, Paul, for doing a great job with the First Look Book Club. Best wishes in your new job!

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

Paul, I know I've already posted a congrats message, but I wanted to add that I think that this book club is one of the best online clubs out there! I've joined - and quit - several others because they not only get off topic, they seem to live off topic. That's fine for other venues, but when I want to read and discuss a book with a group of people, there's nothing more frustrating than hundreds of posts of personal comments and 'LOLs'. So - thanks to you and the other moderators for keeping us in line  :smileywink:  and best of luck, once again!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
dhaupt
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

Paul, I know I've already posted a congrats message, but I wanted to add that I think that this book club is one of the best online clubs out there! I've joined - and quit - several others because they not only get off topic, they seem to live off topic. That's fine for other venues, but when I want to read and discuss a book with a group of people, there's nothing more frustrating than hundreds of posts of personal comments and 'LOLs'. So - thanks to you and the other moderators for keeping us in line  :smileywink:  and best of luck, once again!

Hmm, I wonder who'll get to use his whip now :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

That sounds like fun - I'd like to apply for that job!! In all seriousness, I do think those are big shoes to fill. I'm sure we won't be disappointed with the next whipmeister.

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

elaine_hf wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

That sounds like fun - I'd like to apply for that job!! In all seriousness, I do think those are big shoes to fill. I'm sure we won't be disappointed with the next whipmeister.

:smileywink:From what I heard he is giving it to PGA(Paul Goat Allen) as a Surprise for The Holidays..I hope PGA doesn't read this,I don't want to spoil the surprise or get him too excited..He needs it for all his UF/Paranormal and Sci/Fi followers,I am one of his "Cult Followers" Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

:smileywink:From what I heard he is giving it to PGA(Paul Goat Allen) as a Surprise for The Holidays..I hope PGA doesn't read this,I don't want to spoil the surprise or get him too excited..He needs it for all his UF/Paranormal and Sci/Fi followers,I am one of his "Cult Followers" Susan

Susan, that is the scariest picture I ever had in my head. PGA w/whip and it actually works too.

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

:
dhaupt wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

elaine_hf wrote:

Susan, that is the scariest picture I ever had in my head. PGA w/whip and it actually works too.

Definitely Debbie..It works,,PGA could write a Short Story concerning his newly acquired "Gift".His imagination has no boundaries .....Thats why we are so Loyal to him  Always surprises....Still think Paul is around,but then reality sets in..He deserves only The Best..Such talent should never be wasted..He has so much to offer..He certainly changed the "Flavor" here on BN..For the Best.. Suze for Today... : )

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for the well wishes. It really means a ton to me.

Just setting up shop now, but feel free to click through and "Like" this LINK. We've got a great read to giveaway and a lot more where that comes from. Who knows? Maybe a sister program to First Look!