Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Thanks to All!

We've had an exciting selection for a topsy turvy month! Thanks so kindly to our authors for joining us, and great thanks to our book group members for keeping the conversations challenging and thoughtful.

Please remember to post your reviews to our website!

Enjoy your holidays, and I hope to see you all again on the boards soon!

Cheers,

Rachel

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill

Re: Thanks to All!

Happy holidays to you, Rachel!

Thanks for shepherding us through Three Seconds!  It has certainly been quite a ride, to totally mix metaphors in a way without much sense.  But, I should be getting some sleep so I can get up and finish wrapping presents, make one last store visit, and get ready to travel for the evening.  I'm not very cogent at the moment -- but at least I have an excuse.  lol.

So, for now, won't even try more.  Will come back later and read everyone's posts.  I had to travel this week myself, so am very behind on everyone's comments and in adding anything of my own.  Glad I was able to finish the book beforehand.

For now, Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Rachel, while I posted a thank-you to everyone in the "end of the book" section, I wanted to reiterate how wonderful your questions are. You help us think outside of our comfort zone and look in depth at a story. I had a difficult time with this book - thank you for making the journey wonderful! I look forward to many more discussions with you.  :smileywink:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
Cobalt-blue4
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Three Seconds was the greatest selection...ever for FL.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  It grabbed me from the first page and never loosened its grip.  Violence, murder and mystery has never been my genre but after the Stieg Larsson series and now Three Seconds, well I think I might have found a whole new series of books to tackle.  Your questions were definitely thought provoking, forcing us to dig deep into our minds.  Sometimes I honed into things that I thought for sure would be props for later situations but they never developed, i.e. the red fire engine and the mist over the cementary.  I'm only a beginner sleuth and it was fun.  Thanks to all the participants for a great discussion and I look forward to our next FL.  Seasons greetings and a very happy new year to everyone!

Contributor
Cobalt-blue4
0 Kudos

Cobalt-blue4 wrote:

Hi Rachel,

Three Seconds was the greatest selection...ever for FL.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  It grabbed me from the first page and never loosened its grip.  Violence, murder and mystery has never been my genre but after the Stieg Larsson series and now Three Seconds, well I think I might have found a whole new series of books to tackle.  Your questions were definitely thought provoking, forcing us to dig deep into our minds.  Sometimes I honed into things that I thought for sure would be props for later situations but they never developed, i.e. the red fire engine and the mist over the cementary.  I'm only a beginner sleuth and it was fun.  Thanks to all the participants for a great discussion and I look forward to our next FL.  Seasons greetings and a very happy new year to everyone!

I'm back again.  It's me, LITERATURE, not cobalt blue.  I'm using my daughter's computer and apparently her sign in came up because it's her computer.  I will post my review when I get to my own computer.  
Regards, Literature

Frequent Contributor
kboston
0 Kudos

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the chance to participate in this very exciting read!

Happy Holidays!

Kim

Contributor
lisapt
0 Kudos

Thanks Rachel and everyone who contributed. This was my first First Look and I enjoyed all the discussions.
Distinguished Wordsmith
MSaff
0 Kudos

Yes,  It's been a rather interesting end to the year for First Look.  I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Rachel and all those involved with Barnes & Noble First Look.  You are great and you always come up with great selections for us readers. 

Thanks to the authors of "Three Seconds" for allowing us to read your novel, and for allowing us to discuss and ask questions.  I hope that you had a great time as I know I did. 

Finally, I'd like to send out a very Merry Christmas to everyone. 

Mike
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
http://travelswithcarsandbooks.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
gmfuhlman
0 Kudos

I wanted to thank Rachel and everyone who was in the First Look for the opportunity that we have had in all of the books we have read this year. I am so very thankful for this book club because I have met some many authors, booklover in this book club who have turn me on to some other books that they have read. I want to also thank Roslund & Hellstrom the authors for letting us read their novel, and allowing us to discuss, and to ask questions about their novel.

Frequent Contributor
crazylilcuban
0 Kudos

Thank you Rachel for facilitating these wonderful discussions, and to B&N for doing First Look. I had a wonderful time discussing Three Seconds with everybody, and I loved the book. Also, thanks to Roslund & Hellstrom!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thank you Rachel..I am following them a little bit on their website and keeping up with any new releases..With my Very Generous Family's gift of a BN Gift Card..I am blessed,"Box 21" is on my list..The Discussions were great,but had so much going on I didn't participate as much. as I usually do.."Three Seconds" for me was  a cliffhanger  I am hoping at some point,we can catch up with Piet and Zofia...Grens is a given.. Hope Everyone Had a Lovely Christmas and  Still having a Great Holiday Season.. Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

Thanks to Rachel for great discussion questions, and to B&N for providing such an excellent book.  The holidays slowed me down during the last week but I will get my review posted this week.  I enjoyed it immensely.

Jane M.
dhaupt
0 Kudos

My hat's off to you Rachel, great questions as always.

To my fellow contributors, great conversation lively and very thoughtful too.

To the authors, great novel, very intense, will probably make my "best" list for 2011.

And I know it's too late for Paul to read this but thanks to you for another great choice.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

Rachel, where do we post our reviews? In the past, there's been a post that had a link with it. 

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

This is the best First Look book I have read. I have really loved some of the others and highly recommend them. But Three Seconds tops them all. Paul made a great choice. Rachel thanks so much for moderating. I was unable to get online here for several days, I hope they have fixed that.

Happy Holidays! Luanne

Frequent Contributor
rosia408
0 Kudos

Thanks to all who participated. Three Seconds was one of the best FL selections I have been honored to read. The book took me to areas out of my comfort zone, was a page turner for sure! Can't wait for the next one.

Best wishes to Paul in his future endeavors. Thanks Rachel as always for your thought provoking questions. Thanks Authors for joining us!

Rose

Rachel-K wrote:

We've had an exciting selection for a topsy turvy month! Thanks so kindly to our authors for joining us, and great thanks to our book group members for keeping the conversations challenging and thoughtful.

Please remember to post your reviews to our website!

Enjoy your holidays, and I hope to see you all again on the boards soon!

Cheers,

Rachel

Correspondent
SandyS
0 Kudos

Thanks to FL.  As always, this book helped pull me outside my box and get into a different genre.  Thanks to all who contributed in helping lead me through.  It was a little tough to start but was well worth sticking with.

Hats off to First Look.

Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

I enjoyed this experience very much.  It was my first online book club and I found the quality of the questions wonderful.  I would like very much to participate in the reading of another book.  Well Done!

Lis49
Contributor
clodia2
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed this process and the people in this group.  Thanks for making my first experience with FL so much fun.  :smileyhappy:   Hope to see everyone again soon.  Bring on 2011!

Frequent Contributor
AIRKNITTER
0 Kudos

Wishing all a very Happy New Year filled of course, with more wonderful reads. Thank you Rachel for being our leader through "Three Seconds". Looking forward to the nest F/L selection.

Thanks to all who share their thoughts....I look forward to reading your posts.

Be well, be warm, be safe.

Aine

Children are the living message we send to a time we will not see.