Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: Thanks to All!

[ Edited ]

As George  M. Cohan, (played by James Cagney), said in Yankee Doodle Dandy, "My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you."

This was great!

Wordsmith
Deltadawn

Thanks so much, Rachel, for all you do for the First Look Club! And of course Thanks to everyone at B&N, the authors of this amazing book, and all the first look members! Wishing everyone a happy New Year!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Great Idea DeltaDawn, and Wish Everyone A Very Happy New Year..Susan...

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
bookowlie
0 Kudos

Thanks to Rachel, Paul (sorry to see you go!), and my fellow FL members.  Three Seconds was another interesting FL book and discussion, one that pushed me outside my usual genre.  I appreciate the opportunity to be part of this great group!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Carolyn

Contributor
deana99
0 Kudos

Thanks Rachel for leading us in discussion...and thanks for everyone for their thoughts.  Loved this book and was sad to see it end.... Happy New Year everyone!

Frequent Contributor
nbmars
0 Kudos

I want to add my thanks to everyone who participates for the great discussions and to Rachel for leading them, and last but not least to B&N for consistently great selections for FL!  

CAG
Inspired Correspondent
CAG
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone. This was a wonderful group.

CAG
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Thanks to Rachel, Paul, and each of you for another great First Look experience!

Here are the best fireworks celebrating the New Year 2011 that I have spotted:

Sydney Australia New Years Eve 2010 / 2011 Fireworks

May you have a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2011!

Happy and productive reading, too!  :smileyvery-happy:

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Thanks Rachel, Paul and B&n for the opportunity to read and review this great book.

Inspired Contributor
MomOf2Turds
0 Kudos

I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to participate in First Look for the first time, and thankful that it was such a great book!  Thanks to everyone for making the discussions so interesting.  I hope that I get the chance to participate in another First Look!  Sorry that I tapered off on posting towards the end, but things come up and the internet got put aside.  

Again, thank you everyone for such a great experience!

“A home without books is a body without soul.” ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
Inspired Correspondent
Immortal-Spirit
0 Kudos

This has been a very interesting read.  I'm going to find more books in this genre.  Thank you for sharing this with us!

Contributor
IandSsmom
0 Kudos

Unfortunately during this time my mother died and I haven't got a chance to finish this book. I can't wait to go back and read all of this when I'm done though. Everyones insights have just been wonderful! Hope I get a chance to participate again at a better time in my life!

Peppermill
0 Kudos

IandSsmom wrote:

Unfortunately during this time my mother died and I haven't got a chance to finish this book. I can't wait to go back and read all of this when I'm done though. Everyones insights have just been wonderful! Hope I get a chance to participate again at a better time in my life!

landSsmom -- may you find peace and solace among family and friends during this sorrowful time in your life.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dhaupt
0 Kudos

IandSsmom wrote:

My sympathies are with you and your family

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

IandSsmom wrote:

I just lost my sister last month to pancreatic cancer. I sympathize and empathize with you. Take it one day at a time.

I lost my grandson, 17 years old, to lung cancer in June of 2010. It has been a very difficult year, but family and friends are a blessing. So is First Look. It helped my get through. Everyone is so helpful. Sometimes when I thought I couldn't read the book anymore, I would check out the posts and the comments were insightful, friendly, humorous, and spot on. Anonymous friends I salute you.

Hang in there, time does help.

Contributor
IandSsmom
0 Kudos

Thank You all!

Peppermill
0 Kudos

HannibalCat wrote:

IandSsmom wrote:

I just lost my sister last month to pancreatic cancer. I sympathize and empathize with you. Take it one day at a time.

I lost my grandson, 17 years old, to lung cancer in June of 2010. It has been a very difficult year, but family and friends are a blessing. So is First Look. It helped my get through. Everyone is so helpful. Sometimes when I thought I couldn't read the book anymore, I would check out the posts and the comments were insightful, friendly, humorous, and spot on. Anonymous friends I salute you.

HannibalCat -- So sorry to read of your grief-filled year.  May you continue to find the healing you ascribe to time.

You reminded me to call a friend for whom this month will be a hard one.

Pepper

Correspondent
HannibalCat
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

HannibalCat wrote:

IandSsmom wrote:

HannibalCat -- So sorry to read of your grief-filled year.  May you continue to find the healing you ascribe to time.

You reminded me to call a friend for whom this month will be a hard one.

Pepper

Thanks Pepper. Do keep in touch with your friend. This is the time when you will be needed, even if only to say hi. It helps so much.

Have you been keeping up with the discussion on this book?  What a great group! So much information from everyone. I love this club. See you on the next one!

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

Does anyone know when the next FL selections will be announced? I have truly enjoyed all the experiences I have had as a part of several FL books.

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Contributor
MBSpencer
0 Kudos

Thanks for having me.  I was great fun!

Mary Spencer