Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

Re: Three Seconds: Interesting Links

For some reason, I didn't think that it would look so much like a real gun and it is even smaller than I thought it would be.

Lis49
Frequent Contributor
Lis49
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Lis49 wrote:

Tulips do have a fragrance.

http://www.finegardening.com/plants/articles/sweetlyscentedtulips.aspx

Thank you Lis49....Its been quite an Education,reading "Three Seconds" I didn't post at all last week..But being our last week with "3.It should be a wonderful discussion Looking forward to,I am not sure which one yet "The Beast" or Box 21" ..Must keep Grens around for a while.  ,and get to know him better......

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Correspondent
floreader
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone who posted links.  It added a fuller understanding of what I'm reading.

Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Re: Three Seconds: Interesting Links -- Sweden and Poland

I don't have the link but if you go to CNN.com they just posted a story about a woman coming in from out of the country to Detriot carrying 91 bags of heroin in her body as a drug mule. Thought it was very interesting in light of our recent discussions here at First Look. There is a picture of the bags that she carried and I must admit they are bigger than I thought they would be.  It is really scary when you think about if they had busted. I believe it was 2 1/2 pounds total. It states she didn't know how much or exactly what she was carrying although she admitted it was drugs. It appears that she was simply a puppet to fulfill the motives of others just as the mules in our book were.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

mv5ocean wrote:

I don't have the link but if you go to CNN.com they just posted a story about a woman coming in from out of the country to Detriot carrying 91 bags of heroin in her body as a drug mule. Thought it was very interesting in light of our recent discussions here at First Look. There is a picture of the bags that she carried and I must admit they are bigger than I thought they would be.  It is really scary when you think about if they had busted. I believe it was 2 1/2 pounds total. It states she didn't know how much or exactly what she was carrying although she admitted it was drugs. It appears that she was simply a puppet to fulfill the motives of others just as the mules in our book were.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/06/michigan.drug.mule/index.html?npt=NP1
Try the above.  Amazing.  Thanks for the heads up, My Ocean.  I had not heard about this until I saw your story.  (If the above doesn't work, it can take a little searching to find the story.  I finally did it from selecting "more" on U.S. news.)
"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

Try the above.  Amazing.  Thanks for the heads up, My Ocean.  I had not heard about this until I saw your story.  (If the above doesn't work, it can take a little searching to find the story.  I finally did it from selecting "more" on U.S. news.)

Thank you my5ocean and Pepper,Will have a look ... So glad "Three Seconds" is doing well..Another Win Win For Paul and because he knew us so well,a Great Book for us....I am pretty sure as a FirstLook Club we have had a large percentage of putting last count, 5 Books on the NYTIMES Best Seller list....I know we are waiting for the next FL.."Be sure for New BNers Subscribe to Announcements.".It was always posted there...Susan

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Correspondent
mv5ocean
0 Kudos

Peppermill,

Thanks so much for finding the link for us.

I knew it would interest those who read the book and then couldn't find the link again after I went back to look for it.

Thanks again!!!

Peppermill wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

mv5ocean wrote:

Peppermill,

Thanks so much for finding the link for us.

I knew it would interest those who read the book and then couldn't find the link again after I went back to look for it.

Thanks again!!!

Peppermill wrote:

mv5ocean wrote:

Ocean -- You are most welcome.  I got lucky!

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy