Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Welcome and Introductions

Hi All,

Welcome to First Look. Please introduce yourself here!

Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Hey everyone, I am Anita and I live in Spring, Tx.  We are suppose to be getting a cold front soon so hopefully this muggy, hot weather will go away for awhile :smileyhappy:   I have done several First Looks and have loved everyone of them.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into Three Seconds, it seems like a book that will keep you wanting more.  I look forward to discussing Three Seconds with everyone and can't wait to hear the good news if I was selected or not to participate.  Hope to talk to everyone soon. :smileyhappy:

:smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Three Seconds  looks like a great read and excellent choice for discussion.  Hope it makes its way to my porch in central NY!  Once again, thanks Paul and B&N for this opportunity.

b

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,085
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

Hello all,

I'm the reader-moderator for Literature by Women (and a B&N bookseller when i'm not working my other job in hospital epidemiology) - I'd like to invite anyone who's interested to visit and discuss Kate Atkinson's

Behind the Scenes at the Museum during the month of November and

The Ponder Heart in December (it's very short, so we'll "finish" it by the holidays :smileyhappy: ). 

Paul mentioned "Steig Larsson" so I'll give Three Seconds a try :smileyhappy:

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
RS18
0 Kudos

Wow, this seems like a great book! I can't wait to read it! Thanks B&N and Paul! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Sheila from central NJ.  I've been doing all the FL books with the exception of the first two and that is only because I didn't know about FL.  I'm currently participating in the Vixen discussion and that discussion begins today.  To say that I thoroughly enjoy FL is putting it mildly.  Now I await the big, brown truck and the start of the discussion with all my book-loving friends with eager anticipation.  Again, thank you Paul and Barnes & Noble for having First Look!

Sheila

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm a retired English teacher and have participated in many First Look Selections, including the very first one. I live in Raleigh, NC. I read, knit, crochet, spin (yarn -not my body), quilt, sew, and read, read, read. I also spend as much time as I can with my three grandchildren. I always enjoy the First Look books and the stimulating discussions we share. The highlight for me, however, is getting to communicate with the authors since I taught the books of dead writers for 35 years and had to "guess" what they meant. LOL Now, thanks to B&N's First Look, I can ask them questions and get answers.

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Reader 4
Maxjujumom
0 Kudos

I'm Juliet, stay-at-home homeschooling mommy to two. I'm in Oklahoma. This will be my second first look, and looks like a really good book!

In a world where we are forced to conform to society, it is necessary to have personal CHAOS-- T. Alan Armstrong
Distinguished Wordsmith
maxcat
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Chris from the piedmont area of North Carolina. I love mysteries and crime novels. This book should be a good one.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep - Robert Frost
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Boy, I love First Look books! There is such a variety, and I love the discussion. My name is Donna, and I have participated in the FL club since the beginning, finding many great authors to follow and read anew. My husband and I both participate, making for some wonderful evenings of reading and discussion. We live in Western MA with our dog, Oscar. The kids are grown and live nearby, so we get to visit often. Right now I am participating in the YA discussion of "Vixen" by Jillian Larkin, and have started NaNoWriMo for the first time. I can't wait to greet old friends and welcome new ones! Onward and forward.  :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
erica11
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Erica from Washington State. If accepted, this will be my second time participating in a First Look Book discussion.  Three Seconds sounds like a great book!  Can't wait!

Contributor
tawnyaz
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Tawnya From Somerset County, Pennsylvania (near the 9/11 Flight 93 site). I am always looking for good reads. I haven't done a First Look for a few years and I'm eager to get back into the club. I loved Stieg Larsson's books and if Three Seconds is anything like them it should be terrific.

Contributor
terilhack
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My name is Teri. I live in Oregon, and enjoy reading and photography. I am in the FL for Vixen and enjoying the experience. I love discussions with authors and the extra insight into their books and writing process. I cannot wait for this First Look!

TeriC
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey there folks!

My name is TroyJ.  I live in the historic motherland of Virginia.  It is truly beautiful this time of the year.  Leaves are turning, pretty much at the end, and the air is crisp and getting cooler as I write this.  

The book looks like a great read.  If selected this will be my 3rd FL read in the book club.

I like the chance to "pre-view" the books, send comments which I hope helps the author and editor to know what readers are feeling and gaining from the readings.

I will lend a bit about myself; a little bit that is;

I work outside the home, and take a college class here and there at the Univ. of MD, also have way too many hobbies to keep up.  Kids, 2 girls, are grown and gone onto their own life and I have 4 grandbabies (all little ones).  Enjoying life, reading, gardening and sewing when the opportunity presents itself.

Hope to join you as well in this discussion of the book : 3 seconds.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Contributor
WickedAK
0 Kudos

Hi everyody! I'm Alicia from North Pole, AK. This will be my second first look I'm currently in Vixen and am very excited about this one. I love crime books! Can't wait to get it on my porch! Looking forward to discussing it with you all!

Alicia:smileyvery-happy:

Reader
akeith13
0 Kudos

Hi all!

My name is Audrey and I just heard about the first look program. I am an active member in a local book club and I am excited about the oppurtunity to get chosen for the First Look book Three Seconds! I read many true crime books so this seem right up my alley!

Correspondent
LadyMin
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I'm Leslie, an eclectic reader from the Chicago area. I work full time and read whenever I'm not gardening or stalking birds (with my camera that is!).

I've participated in a few of the First Look discussions before and find them very enjoyable. This book looks like a great choice for discussion.

Reader
KristinaBarnes
0 Kudos

Hi all! 

My name is Kristina and I live in sunny ole California. :smileyvery-happy: Assuming I'm accepted, this would be my very first First Look! I've heard about FL last August, but I always came back after the sign-up date for books. I was really close to the Vixen one, though. Oh well. I don't normally read books like this one, but my tastes are very eclectic so I'm open to anything. I'm looking forward to discussing Three Seconds with you all! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
irises1889
0 Kudos

Hello all!  This is my first time trying a First Look book and I am very excited to be a part of it.  Can't wait to read and discuss with you.  

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Kristina! I'm glad you made it here today and look forward to discussing the book with you.   :smileywink:

KristinaBarnes wrote:

Hi all! 

My name is Kristina and I live in sunny ole California. :smileyvery-happy: Assuming I'm accepted, this would be my very first First Look! I've heard about FL last August, but I always came back after the sign-up date for books. I was really close to the Vixen one, though. Oh well. I don't normally read books like this one, but my tastes are very eclectic so I'm open to anything. I'm looking forward to discussing Three Seconds with you all! :smileyhappy:

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com