Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

gackie wrote:

Hi I am Jackie. I am from Minnesota and this will be my third FL. I am so excited about this book!

Welcome Back!!

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
-Sir Richard Steele

http://bookreviewsbyliisa.blogspot.com/
Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Superbookworm wrote:

Just got confirmed.  I'm looking forward to reading this one.  Welcome everyone!

Yeah!  Welcome!

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Atreyu59 wrote:

Looks like some new folks- which is always nice to get onboard & some old (relative to time not age) friends in the group. 

WELCOME everyone.  Back to critiquing the VIXEN- what a great read that has turned out to be.

This is my 3rd FL book & I am so excited to be reading at such a nice pace, and with friends who love to talk  :smileyhappy:

LMBFAO!!!!   and back atcha!!

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

Tarri wrote:

Hi fellow readers, I hope you are all well and that it is as sunny where you are as it is here today in Washington. 

My name is Tarri.  I am retired and live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where we are heading into six months of reading weather.  Since the Farmer's Almanac has predicted we will have more snow than usual, I will have lots and lots of time to read. 

I have been fortunate to be able to participate in almost all of the First Look book discussion and marvel at the high caliber books we have been given. 

I have two very large dogs and live in the work-in-progress farmhouse where I grew up.   My hobbies are reading, crafts (right now it's knitting), farming on facebook, and lawn mowing ten months out of the year. 

Hi Tarri!  I really hope to visit your beautiful area of our great country in the coming year!

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

OutnumberedMama wrote:

Hello All! This is my first time participating in the First Look program. I am really really excited to take part in this!

Pam - OutnumberedMama

Hi Pam, and Welcome!!

-Sir Richard Steele

Reader-Moderator
liisa22
0 Kudos

avalonpriestess wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. I'm currently participating in the Vixen FL..Loving it so far.

I'm excited about Three Seconds.  It looks like an amazing book.  Can't wait to read

and participate.  I love these bookclubs without walls or time constraints.  

Donna

Hi Donna!!  I LOVED  Vixen, and I am very excited to (hopefully) be able to read Three Seconds!   An awesome program, no?

-Sir Richard Steele

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Pam. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and the discussion. We have a lot of fun.  :smileyhappy:

OutnumberedMama wrote:

Hello All! This is my first time participating in the First Look program. I am really really excited to take part in this!

Pam - OutnumberedMama

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

I love these clubs too, Donna. They enable us to meet people from all over and exchange ideas and thoughts. I love finding more treasures in a book because my friends here point them out.  :smileyhappy:

avalonpriestess wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Donna. I'm currently participating in the Vixen FL..Loving it so far.

I'm excited about Three Seconds.  It looks like an amazing book.  Can't wait to read

and participate.  I love these bookclubs without walls or time constraints.  

Donna

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff

So true, Liisa. We have met brand new authors, and have then been able to follow them as they write again, and we have been able to step out of our comfort zones to explore new genres. Paul and the B&N crew do a great job keeping us thinking. :smileyhappy:

liisa22 wrote:

Superbookworm wrote:

Hi everyone!  I hope I get to be a part of this First Look with you all.  This is not my usual genre, but a friend suggested the Steig Larrson books and now I am hooked.

One of the best things about FL is that we (I) get experience different genres that we may not normally choose.

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Excellent, Liisa! If you want a writing buddy, feel free to add me - DSafford. I am up to a little over 3,500 right now and actually like the story. Who would have thought? <grin> Good luck!  :smileyhappy:

liisa22 wrote:

DSaff wrote:

Boy, I love First Look books! There is such a variety, and I love the discussion. My name is Donna, and I have participated in the FL club since the beginning, finding many great authors to follow and read anew. My husband and I both participate, making for some wonderful evenings of reading and discussion. We live in Western MA with our dog, Oscar. The kids are grown and live nearby, so we get to visit often. Right now I am participating in the YA discussion of "Vixen" by Jillian Larkin, and have started NaNoWriMo for the first time. I can't wait to greet old friends and welcome new ones! Onward and forward.  :smileyhappy:

Donna-  I have started NaNoWriMo for the first time too!  I ended up last night free-writing about the difficulties of writing!  I am going to have to step it up to make the 50,000 goal!

Correspondent
scnole
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!   Mary Ann from SC checking in to say "Confirmed"!!!

Distinguished Correspondent
1AnneB
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I just got home from work, and I've been reading everyone's posts - Boy, it looks like a great group. I just got confirmed, Thanks Paul, that was quick. I'm looking forward to a great read and good discussion. Happy Reading...

Anne

Correspondent
StewiesMom
0 Kudos

Hi All!  I'm confirmed.  See you in a few weeks.  Until then, I'm enjoying Vixen!

"Tact, my dear"..."is merely a ploy of the unimaginative." - Bernard in Corinne Demas' "The Writing Circle"
"My life is my own, and the opinions of others don't interest me..." — Carroll John Daly**
**This is not necessarily true, I just love the quote!**
Inspired Contributor
nadine1
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone!

I have been a member of First Look since nearly the beginning.  I like this book club's variety of selections.  First Look encourages me to read something that ordinarily I would not choose.  I even introduced Mom to the club and Dad quickly snatched her copy of The Poacher's Son.  I am currently reading Vixen, the teen selection.

Happy reading! 

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

southrnbella wrote:

Tarri wrote:

I have two very large dogs and live in the work-in-progress farmhouse where I grew up.   My hobbies are reading, crafts (right now it's knitting), farming on facebook, and lawn mowing ten months out of the year. 

haha i use to be addicted to farmville as well...but you live on a farm so you get the best of both worlds :smileyhappy:....what kind of crafts do you do? hope its not to cold up there...but maybe thats a good thing..because you can cuddle up with the dogs and books!!

I live on a farm, but we haven't farmed since my step-grandpa died when I was a baby, unless you count a few cows and my sister's horse.  We lease the land to a bulb company - - really the best of both worlds.  I do have a lot of lawn mowing, it takes about 6 - 8 hours a week, on a riding lawn mower. 

Other crafts I do or have done in the recent past; crocheting, knitting, stained glass, beaded ornaments, sewing, scrapbooking/card making,  If you can think of it, I've probably tried it at one time or another. 

Today it was 60 degrees at noon, sunny and just beautiful, but I just took the dogs out and it's cold cold cold. 

Wordsmith
Tarri
0 Kudos

liisa22 wrote:

Tarri wrote:

Hi fellow readers, I hope you are all well and that it is as sunny where you are as it is here today in Washington. 

My name is Tarri.  I am retired and live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where we are heading into six months of reading weather.  Since the Farmer's Almanac has predicted we will have more snow than usual, I will have lots and lots of time to read. 

I have been fortunate to be able to participate in almost all of the First Look book discussion and marvel at the high caliber books we have been given. 

Hi Tarri!  I really hope to visit your beautiful area of our great country in the coming year!

I hope you make it, plus if you could talk B&N into putting a store closer to me, that would really be nice.  I'm about 60 miles from Seattle and 60 miles from British Columbia, so if you are in the neighborhood, I'll buy you a cup of coffee. 

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome & Hi Wanda from WVA

West Virginia is my favorite place.  WVU is home (well I spent so much time there, it seems like home)

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome avalonpriestess:

I agree with your insight about this FL bookclub-this is exactly what makes it appealing to me and my shift-work schedule.  If I want to participate at 0300 hours EST I can- totally freedom in bookclubs.  Lord knows I would never be able to do a brick'n' mortar book club due to time and work schedule.  WELCOME

she said .  .  . . .   ..   

I love these bookclubs without walls or time constraints.  

Donna

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hey there StewiesMom!  

I too am enjoying the discussion on VIXEN - what a great YA-FL.  Glad you got confirmed and we will be at it again soon.  Isn't it nice to get that email "confirmed"?

:smileyhappy:

StewiesMom . .  . ...  

Hi All!  I'm confirmed.  See you in a few weeks.  Until then, I'm enjoying Vixen!

Correspondent
TudorRose
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm Kim from northwest Ohio.  I'm a stay at home mom with 2 adorable (most of the time) children and I love, love, love to read.  I'm always reading at least 2 books and my nook is seldom out of reach.  If confirmed, this will be my fourth FL selection and I have enjoyed all the previous selections.  I am currently participating in the Vixen discussion and am enjoying it.

I sent my request yesterday, but haven't been confirmed yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Hope to be discussing this with you all soon.

Kimberly from Ohio

"A room without a book is like a body without a soul"
~Marcus Tullius Cicero