Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
MissRabbit
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome and Introductions

Paul_Hochman wrote:

Hi All,

Welcome to First Look. Please introduce yourself here!

Hey Everyone! My name is Jess, I'm 26 and live in northern Alabama. This will be my second time participating in First Look. I'm currently reading Vixen and loving it! I am also participating in NaNoWriMo this month, I'm MissJessicaRabbit over there. Feel free to add me as a writing buddy :-)

I look forward to some great discussions with you all!

Reader
illettore
0 Kudos

Hello everyone! My name is Candace, and I live in Kentucky. This is my first First Look, and I am looking forward to it!

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, aakerr. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion. :smileyhappy:

aakerr wrote:

I'm also in Spring, TX and this is my first time to participate in the First Look book club.  Hopefully it'll be lots of fun!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Ivelisse84! We're glad to have you with us.  :smileyhappy:

Ivelisse84 wrote:

I have officially been confirmed. I am very excited since this is the first time I have joined a book club for discussions. I love reading!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to begin reading this one!

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Candace! I hope you enjoy your time with us.  :smileyhappy:

illettore wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Candace, and I live in Kentucky. This is my first First Look, and I am looking forward to it!

Contributor
JDanow
0 Kudos

Hi Rose! I grew up in Rhode Island... Pawtucket to be exact! Moved away 11 years ago but I go back every year! Beautiful place! :-)
I'm always top banana in the shock department.
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Inspired Contributor
leisure_reader
0 Kudos

Hi all...Jo from the Chicago burbs.  This is my fourth First Look and I am looking forward to this one!  This just might be "my cup of tea". 

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Correspondent
JaneM
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm Jane M. from So Cal.  I've read quite a few of the First Look selections and enjoyed every single one.  I haven't received my confirmation notice yet, although I sent it in last Tuesday, but Paul says we should be confirmed if we were in the first few days.  So I'll be patient.  I would hate to miss out on this book.

Jane M.
Contributor
Bamamomma83
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tiffany and I am a stay at home mom of 3 (Ages 7 months to 7 Years old). We live in Birmingham Alabama and absolutely love it here. 

I enjoy reading and I'm pretty addicted to my nook lol. Hubby did good surprising me with it :smileyhappy:

Can't wait to start this book with everyone!

~Tiffany

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Welcome to First Look, Tiffany! It's good to have you with us. :smileyhappy:

Bamamomma83 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Tiffany and I am a stay at home mom of 3 (Ages 7 months to 7 Years old). We live in Birmingham Alabama and absolutely love it here. 

I enjoy reading and I'm pretty addicted to my nook lol. Hubby did good surprising me with it :smileyhappy:

Can't wait to start this book with everyone!

~Tiffany

Contributor
ncwise
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Julia from Wilmington, NC - this is my first "First Look" and I am really looking forward to it.  I love reading - both "books" and "NOOKbooks".

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

Hi, Julia. Welcome to First Look! I hope you enjoy the book and discussion.  :smileywink:

ncwise wrote:

Hi, I'm Julia from Wilmington, NC - this is my first "First Look" and I am really looking forward to it.  I love reading - both "books" and "NOOKbooks".

Reader 2
jbowie21
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

I'm a full time substance abuse counselor (when I don't have my nose buried in a book or my Nook).  This is my first time participating in FL as I just found out about.  I live up in VT and the closest B&N is over an hour away so I have to shop online a lot!

Look forward to talking with you all!

Correspondent
meme1
0 Kudos

Where is just outside of Charlotte?  I'm in that area several times a year since I have family(grandchildren in middle/elementary school) in Kannapolis.  Love that area in the spring and fall, and winter is so much better than our WI weather.

liisa22 wrote:

Hi everyone!!

I am already WAY behind here.  Here's to hoping I am confirmed!  

My name is Lisa and I am a HS Special Ed-English Teacher in NC, just outside of Charlotte.  I have participated in many First Looks.  This one looks to be quite interesting! 

OH-  I am also a reader-mod in the Classics, so I invite you to hop over and jump in, start your own discussions, whatever!  

TTFN

meme

~~ Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

~~ Be careful reading health books. You may die of a misprint. Mark Twain
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Rosia408:

I love your comment about 'semi-retired' ;   does that mean you get to make your own decisions and hours?  Glad to have you onboard. 

:smileyhappy:

Rosia stated:            I am a semi-retired speech therapist, working only 1 day a week.

Reading . . .is LIVING in true color
Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Candace -  Love conversing with the first timers!  Such a great feeling, kinda like when you were getting your first pet, or your first letter about being accepted into college, a great feeling.

Welcome & enjoy - this is my 3rd novel & I am enjoying the interaction.

:robothappy: 

illettore stated:

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome & hope you enjoy the read and interactions in the club setting here!

We all seem to be enjoying the genre of the novel so far & can't wait until the novel arrives.

How do you ever deal with the closest B&N being over an hour away?  Whew I could never make it with the B&N so far; so reading on your NOOK or online books probably are a mainstay for you, huh?  Again welcome and hope to be discussing the book soon.

Is it cold outside in VT for you yet?

jbowie21 said;

This is my first time participating in FL as I just found out about.  I live up in VT and the closest B&N is over an hour away so I have to shop online a lot!

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Welcome Leisure_reader!

I just love the area where you are.  I was just in Chicago last month and loved the city, and the 'burbs.  You have some wonderful area gardens in the warm months.   Hope you don't get a snowed-in winter too bad!

Hi all...Jo from the Chicago burbs

Correspondent
Atreyu59
0 Kudos

Hello there Audrey!  Welcome  - glad you heard about the FL bookclub.  Hope you got confirmed and are waiting for your book!  Good luck and talk with you in the book discussion boards.

Audrey stated

My name is Audrey and I just heard about the first look program. I am an active member in a local book club and I am excited about the oppurtunity to get chosen for the First Look book Three Seconds! I read many true crime books so this seem right up my alley!

Contributor
charlieasu
0 Kudos

Morning again everybody!

We got our first snow here in Colorado Springs last night, which is actually a little late for us. Perfect day for reading! Wish Three Seconds was here, but I'll work up on finishing the Millenium Triology today with hot cocoa!

I'm a first-time FL, so I was wondering about how long after we got our confirmations do we usually get the book?

Creative Memories Independent Consultant
www.mycmsite.com/sheilarupp